My suggestions for a balance patch

• Ok first off let me just say this is my two-cents and I understand 50% of you will come here to troll and the other 45% will give actual criticism in a not so constructive manner with the remaining 5% giving polite,legible, and valid input! That being said I also am going to harp on nearly every weapon in game. Does this mean I should find a different game? Probably, but I’m going to attempt to give insight as to why I think these things are so anyways.

Weapons:
    1. Mace

• Stab is too fast
    • Drags too well (the ability to change speeds is ridiculous, from instant stab to molasses alt swing).

2. Skeggox
    *Stab is too fast
    (Yeah this is my favorite weapon and I wish I didn’t have to say this but…yeah it’s too fast)

3.Ninja claws
    *Attack too fast in general for the amount of damage and parry avoidance they have
    If these are to be “balanced” the best way I see fit is to make them take tons of stamina to parry with or to take small amounts of damage for parrying.

4.Spartan alternate shield bash

• Is just too quick and hard to block, one or the other please.

5.Dory
    Why can I one shot a knight with a dory? WHY? It’s not even intended to be a projectile weapon. Half health is fair but all I do with a dory is throw it. No point in fighting with it.

6.Falcata
    *Hits nearly as hard as my skeggox on a LMB.

7. Ninjato
    *Hits too hard for it’s speed, one or the other TB. I’d say speed is more important to a ninja. Get in, get out deal some damage.

8.Short spears/Javelins
    *This is just me whining…but why 6 short spears and 4 javelins? I feel like that should be the opposite.

9.Nodachi
    *For such a large weapon, has a crazy quick stab
    *Has messed up tracers that require me to drag to hit in the red on an overhead, or I could hit them in the red on the foot…

10. Metabushi
    *Need a buff. Every good ninja has stars.

11. Throwing stars
    *Do less damage please. It’s annoying to be fighting a ninja and he just hangs back and throws super quick mildly damaging metal things at your face.

12. Saber/Cutlass
    *Have super fast, super damaging overheads. I also tend to be fond of these weapons but I feel it’s only fair they hit slightly less hard.

13. Norse sword
    *Is too easy to alt slash around parries/blocks. (My 2nd fav wep but yeah I can get pretty cheap with alt swings).

14. Naginata
    *SUPER DRAG SUPER SPIN UBER STICK OF DEATH. Seriously, this thing needs reworked.

15. Viking Spear
    *REDUCE KNOCKBACK

16.Halberd
    *REDUCE SUPER DRAGS

17. Sword of War
    *Does a lot of damage on stab and is super draggable. Please nerf drag.

Classes:

Ninja - Has too much life. I hit one twice with a kanabo and he didn’t die. YES I did hit one in the foot(I think) but it was an overhead with a kanabo, followed by a kanabo lmb to the face. I would suggest giving ninjas less life and better utility. What do I mean? Instead of having a class centered around dueling, make them a support role (of all the classes ninjas and spartans are the ones who should be most centered around group play.) Metabushi should drug either longer or make the drugs stronger, the ninja should be fast and able to get in and out of large group situations. Smoke screens should leave VERY thick fog that covers a large area(maybe ninjas can see through it)? What if was possible to give ninjas extra backstab damage like the archer in MW(EXCEPT IT WOULD ONLY BE APPLICABLE IF YOU WERE COMPLETELY BEHIND SOMEONE, NO CHEESY KAMA OVERHEADS HITTING IN THE BACK FOR 50% MORE).

Spartans - As far as life and their mechanics no big complaints(although they survive crossbow directly to the face so they may need pierce damage increase), they just need some weapon work. I think I’ve only seen two people us Kopis (BTW just becuase no one uses doesn’t mean buff it through the roof so that everyone does, it means balance).

Viking - IS GLITCHED. Sometimes I can’t pull out my shield so I have to slash at the air and then I can pull out my shield, or other weapon. Sometimes I’ll throw my weapons and they’ll do no damage on contact(no they didn’t hit a shield or armour I threw a shield at a pirate today and it just bounced harmlessly off). Sometimes I’ll randomly attack at the air because my combo will que up.

Samurai - Is actually fairly balanced. YAY!

Knight - Has some super draggy weapons.

Mechanics:
    Dragging - Is silly, slowing down a swing does not make any logical sense. Make a turning cap or a fixed speed or something!

Feinting - We need a larger window to hit the person who’s feinting. ATM it’s very hard to read AND react to a feint in time.

Stamina - When you run out of stamina instead of the long “stun” you get in Medieval Warfare you should simply be staggered (maybe uber staggered where it’s not impossible but it is VERY difficult to parry the next swing). Make it’s knockback less far too please, I can’t even reach people I knockback with a skeggox in time for my quick jab.

Thank you for reading this far if you did. I applaud your mental endurance for putting up with my ideas for that long.
    Please tell me what you think if you made it this far!

• I would agree with everything except feinting. Feinting is extremely easy to counter if you’re not braindead, and the window is already large enough. I would prefer a large window to hit people that miss attacks. Think of feinting as the counter to people without shields, and kicking as the counter to people with shields. Both have the same counter (not blocking), and both are pretty powerful if used properly. Whining about either one is pointless. I have no difficulty avoiding feinters.

Also, I would like to see a slight buff to Sarissa (it does less damage and it’s slower than a Viking spear, which is retarded, it also might as well have the same range, which is also retarded), and a buff to Kopis to make it a bit faster than the Xiphos. It would also be a great idea to buff the Yari to be a stronger thrusting weapon, it’s way too slow atm. I would also like to see Viking health reduced, at the moment they might as well be gigantic tanks of LMB spam.

• You are forgetting to buff things that suck, like the pirates second gun, I was really surprised to find out it does not one shot ninjas, it doesn’t even do enough damage to take them down to sliver of health. Compared to a samurai who is arching it is really quite pathetic considering it takes so long to load, you really have to make that one shot count.

Also buff viking hammer, the weapon is really useless, in most situations skeggox is better.

ie feinting is fine, just attack them if they feint :P

• @TheMightyAltroll:

I would agree with everything except feinting. Feinting is extremely easy to counter if you’re not braindead, and the window is already large enough. I would prefer a large window to hit people that miss attacks. Think of feinting as the counter to people without shields, and kicking as the counter to people with shields. Both have the same counter (not blocking), and both are pretty powerful if used properly. Whining about either one is pointless. I have no difficulty avoiding feinters.

Also, I would like to see a slight buff to Sarissa (it does less damage and it’s slower than a Viking spear, which is retarded, it also might as well have the same range, which is also retarded), and a buff to Kopis to make it a bit faster than the Xiphos. It would also be a great idea to buff the Yari to be a stronger thrusting weapon, it’s way too slow atm. I would also like to see Viking health reduced, at the moment they might as well be gigantic tanks of LMB spam.

Seems shallow to me that two counters should be the majority of gameplay. Seems like feinting should be more of a special move rather than the norm to me. I often find myself predicting a feint and not being able to interrupt fast enough and we both just end up hit trading (which I’m not usually fond of). Kicking someone who knows what they’re doing with a shield is often a fairly difficult task and results in loss of stamina.

I defer to your opinion on the sarissa and viking spear. I only use those weapons when I’m exceptionally bored so I don’t have much practical experience with them.

Speeding up Yari stabs seems good so long as it’s not overly fast.

Viking health reduced? Really? I’ve never heard that complaint. I can’t say I sympathize as I play viking most often (so yes my opinion is biased) but honestly a 1/3rd of my life is taken out by almost any substantial hit. Xiphos thrust, Ninjato overhead, kama, etc. I can also get 1-2 shotted by larger weapons like kanabo,hammer,halberd,dory,crossbow,pirate gun to face, etc.

• @chivalryinterested:

You are forgetting to buff things that suck, like the pirates second gun, I was really surprised to find out it does not one shot ninjas, it doesn’t even do enough damage to take them down to sliver of health. Compared to a samurai who is arching it is really quite pathetic considering it takes so long to load, you really have to make that one shot count.

Also buff viking hammer, the weapon is really useless, in most situations skeggox is better.

ie feinting is fine, just attack them if they feint :P

I replied to TheMightyAltroll already about feint. The blunderbuss lacks punch for the ability to always get a hit-off and is amazing when used as a team IMO. I’ve been in several pirate firing lines and it seems like they’re a very powerful mechanic. I wish shieldwalls, phalanxes, and pike formations etc. all worked as well.

I play Viking and love the hammer but I’m very afraid it could turn in to the next Maul. I’d rather it be an underpowered support weapon than the be all end all viking weapon.

• I agree with all the points above. But I would like to add grunts need to sync with feinting like in MW or to just appear in general as sometimes they dont even come out. And please unless pirates sword swing a little slower we don’t need a pirate gun buff, this isn’t counterstrike.

• NERF EVERYTHING!!!

Very little thought has gone into this thread. Your way of balancing is the way BF3 was balanced for ages until the developer decided to stop listning to the community. The BF3 got miles better.

If you need half the weapons he other half are gonna be OP.

• @lemonater47:

NERF EVERYTHING!!!

Very little thought has gone into this thread. Your way of balancing is the way BF3 was balanced for ages until the developer decided to stop listning to the community. The BF3 got miles better.

How very helpful with the suggestions! And off topic I played bf3 since the beginning(loved it) and it was until the community nagging that they brought better balance to tone down weapons(scar?), such a terrible comparison.

• @lemonater47:

NERF EVERYTHING!!!

No you see the thing is the other half of the weapons are fine as is. Torn Banner has never listened to the community and that’s why it is as is. Obviously either extreme will probably not result in good game mechanics. This is a list to HELP the devs and not the end all be all of what must be balanced. Btw, from my point of view BF3 never got any better it’s always a boring point and click simulator and Chivalry isn’t. Chivalry is also a lot easier to balance than BF3 as player skill is more decisive than the weapons being used unless the players are fairly evenly matched. Did you also happen to notice that I didn’t just say “THIS WEP IS OP LOLOLOLOLO.” but instead pointed out specific things about each item that need fine tuning?

• Yes half the weapons are fine now but after your changes its highly likely they most of them suddenly won’t be fine. So everything gradually gets nerfed. In battlefield 3 it was so bad that from beta to when they changed how to balance the game most weapons took 1-2 extra bullets to kill someone over than time from beta to the balance system change. That’s how bad it got.

1. Mace is fine

2. Skeggox is fine

3. Ninja claws are fine

4. Spartan shield attack needs more parry tracers

5. Dory is fine

6. Falcata needs slower combo times and slower recovery times. To prevent spamming.

7. Ninjato is fine

8. Short spears and javelins are fine

9. No-dachi needs a slower windup for all attacks but a faster release for overheads and LMBs.

10. Metabushi is fine

11. Throwing stars are fine

12. Cutlass/sabre are fine

13. Norse sword is fine

14. Naginata is fine

15. Viking spears needs windup to be slower and recovery to be slower to prevent spamming at to actually make it possible to hit the bastard without hit trades with a one hander.

16. Halberd is fine

17. Sword of war is fine.

All the classes are damn fine as well.

Dragging has been nerfed fool with the new damage system. Dragging isn’t nearly as effective than it is in medival warfare.

Feinting is fine also.

Stamina should stay where it is learn to mange your stamina.

In fact going by your post it seems you don’t even know that deadliest warrior has a different damage system.

• @lemonater47:

Yes half the weapons are fine now but after your changes its highly likely they most of them suddenly won’t be fine. So everything gradually gets nerfed. In battlefield 3 it was so bad that from beta to when they changed how to balance the game most weapons took 1-2 extra bullets to kill someone over than time from beta to the balance system change. That’s how bad it got.

1. Mace is fine

2. Skeggox is fine

3. Ninja claws are fine

5. Dory is fine

6. Falcata needs slower combo times and slower recovery times. To prevent spamming.

7. Ninjato is fine

9. No-dachi needs a slower windup for all attacks but a faster release for overheads and LMBs.

10. Metabushi is fine

13. Norse sword is fine

14. Naginata is fine

15. Viking spears needs windup to be slower and recovery to be slower to prevent spamming at to actually make it possible to hit the bastard without hit trades with a one hander.

16. Halberd is fine

Dragging has been nerfed fool with the new damage system. Dragging isn’t nearly as effective than it is in medival warfare.

Feinting is fine also.

In fact going by your post it seems you don’t even know that deadliest warrior has a different damage system.

I’m going to start with the bottom here. You don’t have to manage your stamina and that’s the problem. Also I’m completely aware that tracers do different damage in different zones of the attack, if you’d read the post you’d know I said nodachi tracers are messed up on an overhead as you have to drag it to hit in the red. Also based on your post of it’s “fine” it’s “fine” without any explanation or counter argument as to why it’s “fine” I’m beginning to think you didn’t read the post. You said Short Spear/Javelin is “fine” as if I’d suggested some kind of fix for it. Did you read the post? I just said the ammo count should be swapped, nothing game changing. Please back up your arguments to feint and classes being fine along with the mace stab, because atm I am left in the dark as to why you think those things. I’m well aware dragging isn’t as strong in DW as it is in MW and is why I play DW. I wish to see as little of dragging as possible because it’s a silly game mechanic.

• @Lemonater, you just said that Naginata, Halberd, and Mace are fine. When they are incredibly broken. I have gone 30-1 running in circles with a Halberd just to prove a point to people, while outnumbered I might add. I’m almost unstoppable in 1v1 duels with the Naginata, to people that would normally destroy me if I had anything else.

While I agree that feinting is fine, and people just need to l2p instead of whining about it, I can’t agree with hardly anything else you’ve said.

@Jackie:

I agree with all the points above. But I would like to add grunts need to sync with feinting like in MW or to just appear in general as sometimes they dont even come out. And please unless pirates sword swing a little slower we don’t need a pirate gun buff, this isn’t counterstrike.

They already are synced. You can literally fight a Samurai with a blindfold on, and avoid feints because of it.

Feinting = No sound
    Reposte = No sound
    Any other attack including kick = Shout

All with the exception of Ninja, which makes absolutely no sound.

-Also, do you have any idea how powerful it is to land maybe one or two thrusts with the sabre, then kick the opponent and immediately swap to pistol and shoot? It’s ridiculous. And it’s one of my favorite things.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

@Lemonater, you just said that Naginata, Halberd, and Mace are fine. When they are incredibly broken. I have gone 30-1 running in circles with a Halberd just to prove a point to people, while outnumbered I might add. I’m almost unstoppable in 1v1 duels with the Naginata, to people that would normally destroy me if I had anything else.

While I agree that feinting is fine, and people just need to l2p instead of whining about it, I can’t agree with hardly anything else you’ve said.

They already are synced. You can literally fight a Samurai with a blindfold on, and avoid feints because of it.

Feinting = No sound
    Reposte = No sound

-Also, do you have any idea how powerful it is to land maybe one or two thrusts with the sabre, then kick the opponent and immediately swap to pistol and shoot? It’s ridiculous. And it’s one of my favorite things.

My bad I worded that pretty terribly. I mean that grunts need to sync more often for example i seen many times where viking spear feints doesnt make any grunts or too early as it can be to their unique ability. It works mostly, just need to happen more often.

I agree with your points and cannot figure out why lemon at the very least think mace is fine, the stab animation is very broken.

• @lemonater47:

Yes half the weapons are fine now but after your changes its highly likely they most of them suddenly won’t be fine. So everything gradually gets nerfed. In battlefield 3 it was so bad that from beta to when they changed how to balance the game most weapons took 1-2 extra bullets to kill someone over than time from beta to the balance system change. That’s how bad it got.

1. Mace is fine

2. Skeggox is fine

3. Ninja claws are fine

5. Dory is fine

7. Ninjato is fine

10. Metabushi is fine

13. Norse sword is fine

14. Naginata is fine

16. Halberd is fine

Feinting is fine also.

Thanks for replying so I didn’t have to. These kids just wanna nerf everything and totally overkill the whole balance thing. The game needs some balancing, but not THAT much, come on. Ninjas need less health? REALLY? There’s a git gud statement for ya. This is the type of people who ruined bf3, and other games, like you said, by whining too much. Play MW, get good, come back to DW. Problem solved.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

@Lemonater, you just said that Naginata, Halberd, and Mace are fine. When they are incredibly broken. I have gone 30-1 running in circles with a Halberd just to prove a point to people, while outnumbered I might add. I’m almost unstoppable in 1v1 duels with the Naginata, to people that would normally destroy me if I had anything else.

Feinting = No sound
    Reposte = No sound

Most derps don’t know how to combat running in circles. Its called standing still. Works wonders.

Mace is good 1v1. Not the best at much else.

Ever considered the fact that you are good with polarms? That the tactic/ you described are great tactics for polearms. Unless you run into players who know how to combat it.

And helrin short spear and javelin shouldn’t have swapped ammo. They have different stats than in MW.

If there was no dragging what would the game be. Boring. Everyone drags you drag without knowing. You move your mouse anywhere while swing you dragged your attack. If you don’t want to drag your attacks ever time you click to attack let go of your mouse. That’s what the game will be like without dragging.

• no but seriously spartan is op. and a few other things need buff.

• Hey, is there CFTP in DW?

• @lemonater47:

Most derps don’t know how to combat running in circles. Its called standing still. Works wonders.

Mace is good 1v1. Not the best at much else.

Ever considered the fact that you are good with polarms? That the tactic/ you described are great tactics for polearms. Unless you run into players who know how to combat it.

And helrin short spear and javelin shouldn’t have swapped ammo. They have different stats than in MW.

If there was no dragging what would the game be. Boring. Everyone drags you drag without knowing. You move your mouse anywhere while swing you dragged your attack. If you don’t want to drag your attacks ever time you click to attack let go of your mouse. That’s what the game will be like without dragging.

Really so mace broken stab animation is ok because its just 1v1? or claw spam without delay? It hits like dagger(mw) overheads except faster and even glitcher. No one complained about dragging thats just you. Not sure if anyone even plays in your region but once a group of players just stack long polearms weapons the game gets a little less dull to play against. They need a little nerfing to damage overall at least so close weapons have a benefit of trading blows.

And for the love of god stop mentioning battlefield 3, they had balance patches. This game have NONE, battlefield 3 was great the first half a year or so until they took it to the next level with the nerfs and terrible terrible netcoding.

• Claws aren’t that hard to fight, just stop panic-parrying. They’re harder to use effectively than to fight against, especially with the shit damage. Also, claws are a good counter to polearms, try it out. Wait, you’ll get rekt and come back and whine more. Again, it’s true that some weapons need tweaking, but it’s not as if certain weapons are so OP they beat anyone. Halberd is a great weapon for team fights and 1v2s l, but a good player can also use a Kanabo to VERY effectively counter him. Or claws, or blunderbuss, or any viking weapon, or dory, blah blah blah. The skill determines the true potential of a weapon. Sure, the halberd and claws are two that really stick out as high-skill high-reward weapons, but are they really OP? No.

• @Oy:

Claws aren’t that hard to fight, just stop panic-parrying. They’re harder to use effectively than to fight against, especially with the shit damage. Also, claws are a good counter to polearms, try it out. Wait, you’ll get rekt and come back and whine more. Again, it’s true that some weapons need tweaking, but it’s not as if certain weapons are so OP they beat anyone. Halberd is a great weapon for team fights and 1v2s l, but a good player can also use a Kanabo to VERY effectively counter him. Or claws, or blunderbuss, or any viking weapon, or dory, blah blah blah. The skill determines the true potential of a weapon. Sure, the halberd and claws are two that really stick out as high-skill high-reward weapons, but are they really OP? No.

Claws are a good counter to polearm because it glitchy to parry against especially those that uses rolls correctly and the fact ninjs can run toward the sides and hit through parrys. You can fight against it but it still a glitchy mess that need toning down at the very least. And Kanabo? even if it has good attacks its very readable.