[CMW] Darkforest exploit

• I just played a match on Darkforest with the clan APEX who had an archer who killed all the royal family members in area C without breaking down the door.

They were shooting arrows through the back barrier (wooden pikes I guess) so they couldn’t be seen, then shooting through the wooden barrier in the front somehow. This was either a hack, or some kind of exploit.

• @electricspit:

I just played a match on Darkforest with the clan APEX who had an archer who killed all the royal family members in area C without breaking down the door.

They were shooting arrows through the back barrier (wooden pikes I guess) so they couldn’t be seen, then shooting through the wooden barrier in the front somehow. This was either a hack, or some kind of exploit.

This is extremely common. Archers have always been able to shoot through the palisade. Archers can also shoot through the door when it starts cracking open before it goes down.

• Yeah, you hit the door a few times and holes large enough to easily shoot through show up.

• Its a feature.

• shooting through holes now exploit

• Is this a bug or not? While you can reduce it to “shooting through holes”, the holes only appear to show degradation on breaking down the door, which I understand to be the actual objective. I can kill all of C with minimal damage to the door, and from the other side of the fence where the Agatha team can do almost nothing to stop me, which seems hugely biased towards the few people who know how to do it. I imagine it wasn’t intended, but rather an oversight in the model change, so I’d rather not do it knowing it’s a glitch (even if it’s not, I doubt I’ll continue doing it because it feels so dirty and easy).

Any dev who can weigh in on this? Should there be an invisible wall, so-to-speak, stopping archers from taking out the entirety of the royal family with only one or two hits (if any at all) on the door?

• Update: it is a bug and is being fixed in next update
    From the latest patch notes

Darkforest: fixed an exploit on final objective where you could kill royals before walls are destroyed

Would have been nice for it to have been acknowledged earlier though, a simple “its a bug” post wouldn’t have hurt

• Mod

Shooting through holes is a bug, yet shields accelerating attacks and flinch in release are features. Oh TBS you crack me up.

• @Kim:

Shooting through holes is a bug, yet shields accelerating attacks and flinch in release are features. Oh TBS you crack me up.

For the people who have been living under a rock, did TB actually come out and say this was a feature? I mean, how hard can it really be to fix? I swear it must be the exact same problem that alt overheads had when they were first released when they were faster/reaching the centre of the screen quicker than normal.

• Mod

@DokB:

For the people who have been living under a rock, did TB actually come out and say this was a feature? I mean, how hard can it really be to fix? I swear it must be the exact same problem that alt overheads had when they were first released when they were faster/reaching the centre of the screen quicker than normal.

They haven’t come out and said anything, but a community member found the exact line of code that causes flinch in release two weeks ago and removed it, making a mod that works perfectly. Pretty simple bug that deserves a hotfix.

For the shield thing they’ve said that it wasn’t considered a bug, but I think they’ve realized how lame the speed boost is and are looking into it.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.