The buckler…

• …is using a bigger round shield model, this is very confusing because the shield appears to be intercepting a swing visually; but mechanically its like your holding a shield half the size.

• and stops arrows like it’s a fucking tower shield.

Dat forcefield

• Archers seems to have no trouble getting past it even when crouching, but I’m talking more about while defending melee not ranged.

• I don’t seem to quite understand your point here. Mechanically visually…. are you talking about it costing too much stamina to block with? Or the fact it’s not an actually buckler?

• Shield hit-box sizes for melee blocking purposes are all the same size dude.

• @Martys:

I don’t seem to quite understand your point here. Mechanically visually…. are you talking about it costing too much stamina to block with? Or the fact it’s not an actually buckler?

I mean what I see is the buckler successfully interrupting a swing with its block, but instead the weapon ignores the buckler model and goes right through it and keeps going; as if the game mechanics of the buckler is for a smaller shield than the buckler appears to be. And this with decent fps and latency.

• @Anomaly:

…is using a bigger round shield model, this is very confusing because the shield appears to be intercepting a swing visually; but mechanically its like your holding a shield half the size.

All the shields have this problem. I might be exagerate, but when I try use shields, it feels like only half the shield can be used for block melee. The rest doesn’t count an hits go through it
    I think the key is to always aim the shield to the tip of the opponents weapon when it strikes or something there of
    Against arrows/throwables, the entire shield can block them

• Really wish they’d bring over Viking buckler from DW for MW. One of the very few things I’d want to bring.

• @Toll:

Shield hit-box sizes for melee blocking purposes are all the same size dude.

^ This is correct. The projectile block box is approximately the size of the shield, but it can sometimes appear to be larger because projectiles’ collision boxes are larger than their models (thus the collision box hits the shield but the visual arrow model is floating in mid air)

• @SlyGoat:

^ This is correct. The projectile block box is approximately the size of the shield, but it can sometimes appear to be larger because projectiles’ collision boxes are larger than their models (thus the collision box hits the shield but the visual arrow model is floating in mid air)

How much bigger?

This is something else to add to my list of archer nerfs: reduce projectiles collision box to the size of the actual projectile.

Actually it would work well because it would also solve one of the complaints that archers make; they hate it when a projectile that should have hit someone in the head get’s stuck in the air above a shield.

• From my experience and what I can tell offhand, I’d say the arrow’s hittbox is about/less than a foot thick.

• Its really the melee blocking I’m talking about folks; MELEE.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.