Bots Vs Jumping - is it possible?

• Hello there!

My question is fairly simple, is there any way for me to make the bots jump? I need this for being able to apply to the AOCTO-contest.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Jonsson

• Idk if jumping, but teleporting should work

• Bots can jump if an obstacle is low enough, I think it’s also programmed into their AI that if they cannot continue moving forward, they will attempt to jump to see if that will help them move forward.

Unfortunately the AI is a bit silly, so they can pretty much just move and fight, anything more complex than that is a bit of a stretch :P

• whitebots can’t jump tbh.

• Thanks a lot for the replies everyone!

As you all know you have to secure spawns from spawn camping by using one-way exits, this means that ramps or obstacles of some kind are needed to avoid players camping.

However, since I cannot get the bots working with these obstacles where a drop or a jump is needed my map is simply “broken” in terms of bot gameplay. This means that my map is not eligable for the contest. Really sucks.

Anyone have a solution to my problem?

• @Sjonsson:

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone!

As you all know you have to secure spawns from spawn camping by using one-way exits, this means that ramps or obstacles of some kind are needed to avoid players camping.

However, since I cannot get the bots working with these obstacles where a drop or a jump is needed my map is simply “broken” in terms of bot gameplay. This means that my map is not eligable for the contest. Really sucks.

Anyone have a solution to my problem?

Your map is still eligable, the devs said that only very basic bot pathfinding is recommended, but not crucial by the sounds of it.

What I did was whatever object they needed to run over (a ramp for example), I made the ramp have no collisions before I do AI path build in the editor. Then once the paths are created, I would make it full collision for the ramp again, naturally they will just try to run across. It’s a little more work, but better than bots being stuck.

• spawn the bots in a forward position.