Any tips for making daggers effective as maa?

• Been trying get them to work for me as maa class but haven’t had much great luck. Any tips? It would be hugely satisfying to beat a skilled knight from full health with one!

• first, how much hours do you have in the game?

• Use thrusting dagger, spam overhead, never combo. Just single strikes.

• it’s probably his footwork that makes him fail also comboing can work if you near miss your combo on purpose your opponent will block but wont be able to block fast enough to block your next combo. this should be used in moderation though.

• @Kreittis:

Use thrusting dagger, spam overhead, never combo. Just single strikes.

combo feint the overheads for bonus points

• @J-D:

first, how much hours do you have in the game?

Pineapple’s not some n00b, although I generally see him play Van.

• Lookdown dagger overhead spam with the occasional feint.

• @SHH_:

Lookdown dagger overhead spam with the occasional feint.

destroys everyone on lg duels at least idk about EU

• @zombojoe:

destroys everyone on lg duels at least idk about EU

you act like Lg duels these days is full of the best players lel

that shit is overrun by noobs now

• The only MAA dagger users that kill me are the ones that surprise the shit out of you by stabbing you in the back and stabbing and slashing, they usually get in 2 good hits then you can’t tell if they are missing on purpose or not all in your face dodging around. If they are met before they get that first attack in, it’s usually much easier.

• @JimmyTryhard:

its always been like that

very few players i cant beat and im not even good

• This post is deleted!

• Like 1.5k but as z0b said, im mostly guarding vans.

• @JimmyTryhard:

I hardly duel any longer, i used to like to duel but i think they’re pretty much a joke now. I’ll preface by saying that i know they still involve a certain amount of skill, but i think that amount of skill required is far outweighed by simply weapon/class choice. I feel duels now are more determined by weapon/class balance than anything, i guess how it’s always been… but worse.

Going against knight? grab an maa.

Going against maa, grab a vanguard or be maa yourself.

going against archer, be anything. Maybe maa

going against vanguard, be a knight SoW or maa.

Well, you could be maa against everything since they counter all classes.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Remember when you were a noob dueling on int? Learn some fucking humility, damn. People still duel there, and it’s how a lot of players learn the intricacies of the game. Even during it’s prime, half the time int duels was filled with random people who came because of the reputation it had, even when no one worthwhile was on. Some of those people are the better players now.

• @Naleaus:

Remember when you were a noob dueling on int? Learn some fucking humility, damn. People still duel there, and it’s how a lot of players learn the intricacies of the game. Even during it’s prime, half the time int duels was filled with random people who came because of the reputation it had, even when no one worthwhile was on. Some of those people are the better players now.

nuff said…

• @Naleaus:

i spent my chivalry youth in int duels… erryday! now i’m best scrub NA

• i went on int duels as a shortsword archer to get better at archer melee

i had surprisingly even fights i gotta say

• I pretty much dueled on Int Duels exclusively for 2 1/2 months before I started playing comp. I remember when Dolo scared me :[

• DX

was not trying to trash on noobs

Of course we were all noobies at one time… and I respect those who are willing to learn the game on a deep level, just as I am. This game needs as many regulars as possible.

But Naleaus, it isn’t the same as before, the newer players constantly random each other and votekick anyone who beats them. Back when int duels was in it’s prime, there were active admins who kicked randomers, respectful people, and a much more positive environment.

I know that it looked like I was just trashing noobs, but what I really meant to say was that Lg duels is not a good duel server to hang out in anymore, at least for me. Sure, there are the few good days, but it needs some more admin activity, people need to stop randoming, and etc. Whenever I go in there people are quite negative and the dueling is interrupted almost 1/3 of the time.

I also admit though that as a result of me not going there much anymore, I may not know what the current Lg duels is like as a whole. Maybe I bit the bad end of the apple, and threw it away before giving the rest a try.

Man, I used to go to Int duels every day, all day. I still remember the first time I ever dueled you, Nal, you were a white greatsword Vanguard with blue stripes I think (customization was not in, though) and I was a broadsword MAA. I didn’t stand a chance. I also remember the time when everyone was like MAA OP and refused to duel me forever but you were still up for some duels. I had to switch to knight after that… but yeah…

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.