What class do you think is currently the strongest and why?

• I would be very interested in hearing people rank classes from strongest to weakest and listing their reasons why. I saw that there is a thread for weapon and thought this could be fun as well.

Enjoy,
    Midas

• Depends on the skill and playstyle of the enemy but I tend to jump between all the classes. Pirate is pretty unstoppable with a gun and saber though. A good ninja is annoying but tuey don’t have the range or the insta-hp rum bottle like pirates, so ninja tends to be too squishy. Knight is probably the most durable class, especially with an MW vet playing. Samurai is the duel master and Spartan is the “god damnit it’s a Spartan” class. Viking is fun because of the beserker swing speed and the thrown weps. They all have unique strengths.

• 1. Spartan
    2. Ninja
    3. Viking
    4. Samurai
    5. Pirate
    6. Knight

I’m at least rank 25 with every class. Most of them are 30+. Every class is OP in their right situations, but Spartan has most of those situations.

• Thanks for the information SOC. I would love to hear why you ranked them in that order. I personally have been playing a lot of knight with SoW and halberd occasionally. Perhaps I should look into trying some other classes out.

• @I_Am_King_Midas:

I would be very interested in hearing people rank classes from strongest to weakest and listing their reasons why. I saw that there is a thread for weapon and thought this could be fun as well.

Enjoy,
    Midas

1. Knight
    2. Ninja
    3. Viking/Spartan (Tied)
    4. Samurai
    5. Pirate

Knight has the health, and tools, to be incredibly effective in almost all situations. Ninja is very good in the right hands, and it has the tools to make almost any situation go in their favor, the only thing restricting them from 1st is their low health imo. Viking is incredibly easy, and unfortunately extremely versatile, they excel in fighting multiple opponents, and they secure 3rd place with just Spear alone. Spartan is borderline OP with answers to almost everything, however their restriction to shield makes them less effective than some other classes. Samurai is well rounded and a balanced class with alot of tools… some more effective than others. Pirate might as well be dory fodder, the only thing Pirate seems to be good for is 1v1s with Pistol, or standing 40 feet away on a rock and spamming a shotgun.

• Fucking hate ninjas, they are so versatile it hurts and I’m really not usued to their attack animations, so it’s a bitch to parry. Pirates are also a pain in the ass with those molotovs and guns + sabre. Never saw spartans as a problem tho.

I like to play Knight because Halberd, and Samurai because Nodachi. I like big weapons that allows you to dance like John Travolta on the face of your opponents.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Pirate might as well be dory fodder, the only thing Pirate seems to be good for is 1v1s with Pistol, or standing 40 feet away on a rock and spamming a shotgun.

You gotta be joking. Pirate is amazing, probably the best class. A good Pirate can stomp anyone. Instant health regen and ranged weapons, with the saber, king of ripostes. I can’t believe you’d rank Ninja above Pirate.

• Global Moderator

I wouldn’t order them in anyway as they are all so marginally close to one another. It all depends on the player.

Spartan can just shield bash himself to victory though.

And ninja is probably the best at killing a pirate. Provided he doesn’t get shot first.

• @Oy:

You gotta be joking. Pirate is amazing, probably the best class. A good Pirate can stomp anyone. Instant health regen and ranged weapons, with the saber, king of ripostes. I can’t believe you’d rank Ninja above Pirate.

Yes. They can beat anyone, in a 1v1, if they’re good enough. But then again, if a Spartan is good enough, he can just land a dory on a Pirate every single time.

With that in mind, I hope your comment was sarcastic.

• @I_Am_King_Midas:

Thanks for the information SOC. I would love to hear why you ranked them in that order. I personally have been playing a lot of knight with SoW and halberd occasionally. Perhaps I should look into trying some other classes out.

Whoops sorry man, I posted it from my phone and meant to come back when I was back on PC for editing.

1. Spartan - Most versatile class in the game and has the best of everything. Has amazing armor and health. Has an amazing shield that’s impossible to get around and almost impossible to kick stun. Has best range in the game. Has amazing combos with speed, damage and range on many weapons. Has ranged. Can oneshot any class in the game from great range, and pick the spear back up. If you lose your primary, can still pick up any other thrown Spartan primary. Has arguably the best secondaries in the game as well, with fantastic tracers, speed, damage, range and even animations. Even work best in group play, on top of their amazing solo play. Nothing beats Spartans. Has the best weapon in the game: dory.

2. Ninja - Amazing like MaAs without archers to shut them down. Has access to second best weapon in the game: bo staff. Has extremely versatile and useful quick throwables. Ninjato and claws are also very very good in duels and thriving in chaotic battles. Has extremely hard to read feints. Has great tracers. Very hard to punish mistakes. Controls fights very easily with foot speed and roll. Makes no sound which plays a major role in this game.

3. Viking - Has great throwables and access to third best weapon in the game: spear. Comboing the spear makes them very strong and hard to punish sometimes. Pretty tanky and versatile, but more like a watered down Spartan. Skeggy is decent, hammer is okay and all other weapons are pretty weak honestly. I main dual Norse swords primiarly with Viking and I love it, especially with the double stab, but against good opponents I don’t see it being very viable.

4. Samurai - Has access to fourth best weapon in the game: naginata. Some versatility with the bow but its usefulness is limited. Yumi spear is also great. Nodachi is pretty bad since its nerfs, wakizashi is very good in duels. Katana is okay.

5. Pirate - Can be very strong in certain situations but those are pretty few. Their usefulness is pretty limited. Guns, firepot and swords are all pretty good but they’re not good like the other classes.

6. Knight - Has access to fifth best weapon in the game: halberd. Flanged mace is also very strong. It’s hard to call them the worst but they just feel the least useful most often. Yes you can wreck face with halberd or flanged mace or SoW, and you have good shields and crossbow but, you’re just a watered down version of every other class. They don’t have a real solid purpose usually. They’re supposed to be tanky and versatile but Spartan fulfills that role so much better.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Yes. They can beat anyone, in a 1v1, if they’re good enough. But then again, if a Spartan is good enough, he can just land a dory on a Pirate every single time.

With that in mind, I hope your comment was sarcastic.

Your false sense of security will allow me to kick your shield then blow your head off with a blunderbuss. Also, when I play pirate in tdm or lts, I tend to play like a ninja. Hit-and-run. It’s the funnest, trolliest way to play, especially baked. I love sneaking up on people and putting my shotgun to their head. It’s even better if they’re fighting someone, cause the other guy sees you sneaking up behind his opponent and just stops to watch the show. Sure, Spartans are powerful, but even if you have incredible accuracy with a dory, and you can hit 60% of the time, that won’t help you when 3 pirates come up from behind you. Especially when so much damage from guns go right through Spartan’s shitty bronze shields. Again though, it all depends on the player. I bounce around to all the classes, just had to make sure the Trolly Buttpirate playstyle was well represented.

• Global Moderator

I remember when you could parry with the blunderbuss.

Instakill unblockable ripostes.

• @lemonater47:

I remember when you could parry with the blunderbuss.

Instakill unblockable ripostes.

tbs pls

also bring back beta shield toss. Frisby Shield>Everything Else.

• Global Moderator

Hell its been a year since the deadliest warrior alpha just thinking. Time flies.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.