Why are only 3 maps going to be added?

• There are ALOT of good looking maps out there. It would be a shame and A WASTE OF EFFORT if they didn’t get to see any action in the official rotations.

I’d argue to say that people put way more effort into the second round because of the lure of the great prize money thus making the overal maps of the second round more of “high quality” and “grandeur” than the maps who won and entered ithe first round.

This is clear when you see alot compare some of these grand projects with custom AI’s and boats and what not compared the the maps of the first round. Who are respecatbly still good but not AS good I would say, because of the higher competition and higher prize money.

Its only fair that you’d allow more winners, instead of only 3.

Again if the maps meet the requirments but still not get picked because they’re outshined they still should be feautured.

Regardless of prizes I think if maps are realy good but outshined by the top 3 they still should be added to the game even though they didn’t win a prize IF the makers would allow it.

Why don’t you take this opportunity to expand the game with more maps.

Again if the maps meet the requirments but still not get picked because they’re outshined they still should be feautured or you could just increase the amount of winners and make everyone happy.

• I agree that more good maps in rotation is a good thing, but at the very least they should continue to allow us to votechangemap all really good custom maps in official servers. Really wanna play some Belmez more often.

• Global Moderator

Yeah stick the first round map winners in too.

• 7 is the minimum I will tolerate. :P

Seriously I’ve seen at least a dozen maps so far I’d like to play with others. 3 maps are not doing anyone justice and you no favour. More variety is always good TBS! ;)

• Mod

Would be good to see. They’d have to be well polished though. A large number of buggy maps will cause all hell to break loose.

• 10 should be added if the majority of submissions are considered playable and worthy.

A N Y T H I N G is better than Coldfront though (=^・ω・^=)

• Even though you brought up good points and I entirely agree, I do not believe you’ll ever get to play them considering:

@Sophax:

“MAA is fine bandwagon” hop on mongols. How can you call yourself competitive and say that nonsense.

I’m not playing until they get nerfed. No reason to play any other class except MUH MAA’S.

They’re probably not going to get a nerf soon enough for you to enjoy them :P
    Come back to us Sophax. Don’t let the maa community keep you away from the experience.

• They should run a voting contest to appoint a community rep as part of the map panel. Since so far TB’s choices have been lacking some what.

• @Tyoson:

They’d have to be well polished though.

Coldfront would like a word with you.

• Mod

@Chimpanzer:

Coldfront would like a word with you.

Me and Coldfront do not wish to speak to each other right now.

• Global Moderator

@Tyoson:

Me and Coldfront do not wish to speak to each other right now.

What about coldfront’s sister?

Citadel?

• +1

adding only 3 maps is a sin.

OR get rid of citadel and coldfront and we have 2 more slots available.

• haha yeah just get rid of coldfront and outpost

they are both crap maps compared to some of the contest maps

coldfront is unplayable, unbalanced, and has way too many ballistas

outpost has bad objectives and awful graphics, looks almost like AOC in some areas

• @zombojoe:

outpost … awful graphics

Outpost second objective is still the best looking area in the game. It probably looks terrible on low graphics but with maximum it looks bloody gorgeous.

• @Kreittis:

Outpost second objective is still the best looking area in the game. It probably looks terrible on low graphics but with maximum it looks bloody gorgeous.

o i hope thats sarcasm

• @zombojoe:

o i hope thats sarcasm

im srs bby

I mean, sure it’s annoying to fight in it since you can’t see shit because everything is too dark and foggy and littered with rocks and bushes but it does look awesome.

It’s great to look at but not great to play at if you know what I mean.

• @Kreittis:

u best be jesting m8, it looks fookin horrible. Blue fog out of nowhere, you take down the wall and its gone.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

u best be jesting m8, it looks fookin horrible. Blue fog out of nowhere, you take down the wall and its gone.

Hear ye, hear ye, clearly the work of mischievous mason wizard! We must immediately prepare countermeasures for future sorcery milord, I want that magical fog down when the wall breaks!

But seriously, I like it. Maybe because I like high fantasy enviroments in general like this.

• Mod

I agree they should add more maps - they don’t necessarily have to be included in the official rotation, but at least giving people the option would be nice.

Yes we could add the maps to the servers as custom maps, but for keeping servers populated adding a single custom map into the rotation tends to kill server population (as people don’t want to click the weird colour highlight servers or sit downloading several large maps when they could just be playing).

I personally would rather see around 10 maps added - yeah it will increase the patch size by a gb or so, but once done would give non official servers a bit of flexibility in map rotation and prevent some stagnation of the playerbase

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.