Why are only 3 maps going to be added?

• I don’t get the bitching about Citadel. Yes it was horribly unbalanced and optimised but right now it’s my favorite map. It just looks so damn nice.

And the second objective of Outpost was jaw-dropping when I first saw it. Loved the misty atmosphere. More o’ that. :)

• TB should add as many good maps as possible. And remove citadel and coldfront from rotations until they are fixed

• Battlegrounds is a more pressing issue, honestly. After the “fix” it’s now CONSTANTLY around 30 fps, whereas it would dive only if you looked down to the agatha spawn from mason hill.

• Am I the only person that likes Citadel (well not for scrims) I understand some people have fps problems but I like the atmosphere and find it a fun map.

Anyways, agreed as many maps that are fun, balanced and bug free, please TB.

• I just want to scrim on other maps besides DF ATTACK tbh.

• I’d love to see more quality maps. Sounds good to me.

• let’s start a poll for that issue

• i really doubt theres gonna be more than 3 good maps in that contest

• @MonkeyFiend:

I agree they should add more maps - they don’t necessarily have to be included in the official rotation, but at least giving people the option would be nice.

Yes we could add the maps to the servers as custom maps, but for keeping servers populated adding a single custom map into the rotation tends to kill server population (as people don’t want to click the weird colour highlight servers or sit downloading several large maps when they could just be playing).

I personally would rather see around 10 maps added - yeah it will increase the patch size by a gb or so, but once done would give non official servers a bit of flexibility in map rotation and prevent some stagnation of the playerbase

it would also be possible to have the 3 winners in the map rotation and making the other ones official maps but out of the rotation.

• And what’s the point of havin them then there, J-D? :D

90% of the community won’t even KNOW there’s more than these 3 new maps and therefor won’t votechange to these ones. Or am I musunderstanding?

Also, can somebody explain the hatred on Citadel? What about it needs to be “fixed”? Apart from that one fucking stopping point at the second objective when you come from the left to the middle top cage and always ALWAYS get stuck there… -.-
    I’m not having any fps problems on this map whatsoever. Battlegrounds however eats them up for breakfast.

• @TheUndying:

And what’s the point of havin them then there, J-D? :D

90% of the community won’t even KNOW there’s more than these 3 new maps and therefor won’t votechange to these ones. Or am I musunderstanding?

Also, can somebody explain the hatred on Citadel? What about it needs to be “fixed”? Apart from that one fucking stopping point at the second objective when you come from the left to the middle top cage and always ALWAYS get stuck there… -.-
    I’m not having any fps problems on this map whatsoever. Battlegrounds however eats them up for breakfast.

well those maps won and will be played the most if they are really the best ones and in the rotation.
    with the new UI you can vote change map in the menu, so it wil become a lot more accesible for the plebs. I dont know what’s wrong with citadel either but I do like the other maps more.

• Well, if TB thinks Coldfront is a top-notch map worthy of the official servers, I’m sure we can expect the best maps to come out of this competition!

• I thought they chose pretty well in the first round.

• Oh yeah the new UI…forgot about that. :P

Good idea but I’d still prefer to have more than 3 maps if there’s alternatives or other maps which are equally good and professional.

• I like the idea of having all of the solid custom maps installed on official servers but not in rotation thus mapvotes can change to custom maps. This is where an actual UI admin would come in handy……

IKR? only been bitching about having a simple easy admin since day one…