Playing Without Parrying or Blocking

• Mod

Has anybody given this a crack? I jammed my parry finger between some heavy bricks and a skip bin when doing some demo work and it inspired me to give it a shot. You’ve really gotta rely on accurate stabs and keeping your distance, but it’s pretty fun if you don’t have to try it on Coldfront…

I made a video of my attempt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNzKtCJphI

• Mod

Can be fun to do in pub duels, though most of the time I get waxed I find it’s good for practicing matrixes and sidestepping.

• sometimes I go into FFA and only parry and kick…. players dont know what to think

• Mod

@Kim:

Can be fun to do in pub duels, though most of the time I get waxed I find it’s good for practicing matrixes and sidestepping.

I might practice some maul matrixing for lol’s haha.

• This is often the way for a true warrior. No blocks or parry

• That’s what 70% pubbies do

• Mod

@Silu:

That’s what 70% pubbies do

Nahhhh, they just spam parry in the hope one of them will work.

• I also use the loin mind technique a mix of spock and vader with my barbarian skin they often stop and stare at my fierce
    knight armour. we don’t need to parry or block so much as most of them now days are just spam cowboys.
    http://www.alaska.net/~royce/spam/spam-can-collection-2013-12.jpg

• 1:43
    Dark Forest
    Citadel map vote fails
    "this isnt a fun map XD"

Permaban him pls

• I did it once with bots, didn’t even use footwork either, went like 70-5, just lmb spamming, didn’t wait for regen.

• Mod

@Chimpanzer:

1:43
    Dark Forest
    Citadel map vote fails
    "this isnt a fun map XD"

Permaban him pls

It’s a worry that players like that even know how to vote change maps :/

• Yeah, I do this with the brandi a lot (and should probably do it a bit less). It is possible, but you need to use great footwork, flinching, range management, target switching, and probably some hit trading. As long as you don’t parry you really don’t need stamina for anything.

• i did this a long time ago in duels, unbound feint and parry buttons and went.

Best classes for it were maa and vanguard… can’t really do it as knight… unless your opponent is terrible.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i did this a long time ago in duels, unbound feint and parry buttons and went.

Best classes for it were maa and vanguard… can’t really do it as knight… unless your opponent is terrible.

or you are playing messer

• @loin:

I also use the loin mind technique a mix of spock and vader with my barbarian skin they often stop and stare at my fierce
    knight armour. we don’t need to parry or block so much as most of them now days are just spam cowboys.
    http://www.alaska.net/~royce/spam/spam-can-collection-2013-12.jpg

Shit there are that many flavors? WTF have I been missing? I love spam!

• I must confess the garlic one is very nice tbh.

• Mod

@50ShadesofClay:

i did this a long time ago in duels, unbound feint and parry buttons and went.

The stuff I recorded earlier I did vanguard and maa but the footage went all crappy and out of sync. I think coldfront crashing me may have caused it. MAA was possibly the best because of dodge. A lot of the good players left after coldfront started up, so me doing half decent with the sword of war was more due to the team I was up against.

• Learn weapons like Norse sword and the fork. Never parry, just LMB instead and flinch them!

• ah you guys are talking about team fight, i did it in duel so if you’re a knight, they can just spam attacks at you and you can’t really do much lol. with a team, i might have to try that. could def do it as maa lol, dodge mang

• Mod

@SOC:

Learn weapons like Norse sword and the fork. Never parry, just LMB instead and flinch them!

I love the fork! Turning first for your LMB swings at the head is really effective. Plus the alternate LMB where you can hit them if they’re behind you slightly. Target switching is also effective. Challenging but wicked fun and it feels like you’ve really worked hard for your kills.

I couldn’t do it in duels. I’m fairly rubbish in duel servers. I haven’t dueled enough to go toe to toe with the veteran duelists.