Weapon idea

• Maybe for chiv 2

A slow, hard hitting weapon where there are some extra hit tracers in the recovery (like 0.05 or 0.1 going from release into recovery). Long recovery time, so there would be a pretty sizable risk vs reward for it.

• Sortof interesting. So your logic is you could fake people out by dragging and going into recovery rather than comboing?

• Mod

There’s a sword a black knight guy uses in Dark Souls 1 which sort of reminds me of this. He hits the ground with it and then drags it back up again.

• @SlyGoat:

Sortof interesting. So your logic is you could fake people out by dragging and going into recovery rather than comboing?

something like that

Noooooo your blue name is gone.

• Mod

@NoVaLombardia:

something like that

Noooooo your blue name is gone.

Starts chanting
    One of us, one of us, one of us!

• Actually, this seems like an idea to do with 2 handed weapons in general now that I’ve thought about it more.

• I definitely like the idea of going into recovery having some advantage over comboing.

• @Tyoson:

There’s a sword a black knight guy uses in Dark Souls 1 which sort of reminds me of this. He hits the ground with it and then drags it back up again.

Hah, silly Tyoson, you must be drunk. Blacks can’t be Knights.

• @SlyGoat:

I definitely like the idea of going into recovery having some advantage over comboing.

Either that or bring back the old release times, because I bet there would be an issue with hit-tracers in recovery state.

So bring back the un-nerfed release times and add in a “no-combo” window (like the no-feint window)… so comboing would end up “shortening” the release time to the times they are now. Windows could be varied based on the weapon.

Sounds like it might be over-complicating things in theory, but maybe not. Just throwing out ideas anyway… doesn’t hurt to, especially if it hasn’t been suggested before.

My other question would be how might that affect combo-parry?

• I’m kinda confused. Do you mean that when you go into recovery after release, the weapon deals damage as it animates back to the default stance? So it’s just another animation for an attack but you can’t combo. What’s the point?

• I really like this idea. Please implement it!

• @Coaster_Man:

So it’s just another animation for an attack but you can’t combo. What’s the point?

Let’s say Weapon-X has a release time of 0.4 seconds.

So, comboing will use a release of 0.4 seconds.

But going into recovery will continue the hit tracers for about 0.1 seconds extra.

So hit-tracer times while comboing would be 0.4 seconds, but the total duration of hit-tracers when going into recovery would be 0.5 seconds (0.4 release + 0.1 during recovery state).

Adds an extra element to dragging. Same animations, just increasing the duration of hit-tracers when going into recovery slightly.

This would be for 2H only, or specific weapons.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.