Duel Menu Feedback

• Hi Guys, I am the new UI artist doing the new UI for chivalry. I’m about to begin redesigning the duel mode menus and I wanted to get some feedback from the community. If anyone has any ideas on how to streamline or enhance the current experience please let me know.

• Well, fix the obvious bugs like the chat jamming and add the stuff that’s on the normal gamemodes’ scoreboards like mute, votekick, ping and damage stuff.

• First off, the Duel UI should never cancel out the chat function the way it currently does.
    Secondly, player ping is very important to include in the scoreboard for every player.
    I’d also like spectating specific players to be easier.
    Less double-clicking in the menu would also be nice, since that’s nothing that exists outside of the current duel UI. (I think) It’s especially confusing when most prompts in the menu are delayed.

A feature I’d like to see implemented in duel mode would be blocking players in the pool, i.e. making sure you will not have to face the players you’ve blocked when waiting for combatants in the pool. Would be useful for both experienced and inexperienced players.

• If anyone has any ideas on how to streamline or enhance the current experience please let me know.

-Remove duel mode
    -Remplace with chiv+ ffa old duel mode
    (-custom scoreboard for showing number of victory/defeat / K/D for ratio ******s)

gg 5 mins of hard work and you got a clean and simple duel mode without all the waiting time of the duel mode.

• First person spectator mode please, this would give dueling tourneys a reason to use official duel mode.

• Player ping
    Votekick option
    Mute option
    Option to spectate a specific player
    Fix the bugs

• @Edmund:

-Remove duel mode
    (-custom scoreboard for showing number of victory/defeat / K/D for ratio ******s)

gg 5 mins of hard work and you got a clean and simple duel mode without all the waiting time of the duel mode.

I actually agree 100%

• Challenging and accepting challenges is really confusing, make a separate challenges -list where you can manage challenges.

I hate when you have to start moving again after checking the scoreboard/duel menu = can’t run/move and check score etc.

• We want as little waiting time as possible while dueling, and this includes menus. Please no clicking around to fight players we want to fight. Just doing it the Chiv+ route (you bow to the player you wish to duel and if he wants to accept, he bows back) would be the easiest and the best way imho. The other players should disappear during a duel though, so no one can interrupt you. Matchmaking like in the current duel isn’t good, it’s slow and cumbersome, so just leave it out. Simply bow to duel people.

The normal scoreboard will suffice I think, as it has all the most important features: ping, kills, deaths and rank. Some additional statistics wouldn’t hurt though:
    -average amount of feints per duel
    -average amount of kicks per duel
    -average accuracy
    -average surviving health
    -average rank of the enemy player
    -average loadout you fight against
    -your favourite loadout
    -total wins
    -total losses

After a fight show these things per the latest duel instead of average. In a pop-up separate from the scoreboard preferably.

The info should all fit neatly in the screen as well. If it becomes too cramped for smaller resolutions, create an enlarge button. All these stats should be availiable to you with a glance, though. Perhaps you could be shown the enemy player’s average stats when he challenges you? That’d be neat.

Also what the others have said: bug-free, should never interrupt chat, quick to use, pretty but not obtrusive.

• @Hakaeshar:

Hi Guys, I am the new UI artist doing the new UI for chivalry. I’m about to begin redesigning the duel mode menus and I wanted to get some feedback from the community. If anyone has any ideas on how to streamline or enhance the current experience please let me know.

Hello Hakaeshar tbh I have no clue as have never played that duel thingybob

• Whatever you draw up, please do so in a way that allows it to display ping.

• Mod

Here’s a thred on the subreddit when someone psoted some new pics of the UI

http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/289d2p/new_chivalry_ui_in_beta/

Lots of really positive stuff, and that it looks great. Seems like the bug with chat seems to be kinda big.

Personally I think it looks quite nice, a huge upgrade for sure

• @UnbornAssassin:

Here’s a thred on the subreddit when someone psoted some new pics of the UI

http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/289d2p/new_chivalry_ui_in_beta/

Lots of really positive stuff, and that it looks great. Seems like the bug with chat seems to be kinda big.

Personally I think it looks quite nice, a huge upgrade for sure

Lol, Unborn, this literally has nothing to do with improving the Duel Mode UI.

But yeah, fix the chat. The menu itself is just really unresponsive, seems like you have to click buttons multiple times until it actually works. It needs to be streamlined.

• @Edmund:

-Remove duel mode

This please.

Even if you guys did it like Deadliest Warrior I’d be happy.

• I agree with almost everything that has been said so far. I add that the number of duels should be increased to 20-30 in a match.

• Even if you guys did it like Deadliest Warrior I’d be happy.

It was a bit of a mess lol

• Mod

Oh. I msiread that, I thought it was just general comments on the UI. My bad.

• @Edmund:

It was a bit of a mess lol

But still better then our current duel mode.

• Mod

This is the best thing ever and it relies on completely existing tech and easy to access stats. I love chiv+ and I duel all the time since its my favorite part of chiv but I wish I could really play in the official duel mode since getting random killed in an honor based ffa duel just makes you feel bad.

Branching off into the ui of chiv overall I wish I could see kill cams and final kills, now before I get flamed out hear me. Chivalry is full of amazing moments but without a way to enjoy them properly not everyone gets to see it so obviously as more experienced players do and as a whole we can gauge the flow of a battle so much better from round to round perspective to create more fluidity between games. This also clues in new players so much more easily, actually seeing what’s happening by your opponent creates such a lovely slice of information how can it not be worth it.

Plus no more hax :chuncky:

@Monsteri:

We want as little waiting time as possible while dueling, and this includes menus. Please no clicking around to fight players we want to fight. Just doing it the Chiv+ route (you bow to the player you wish to duel and if he wants to accept, he bows back) would be the easiest and the best way imho. The other players should disappear during a duel though, so no one can interrupt you. Matchmaking like in the current duel isn’t good, it’s slow and cumbersome, so just leave it out. Simply bow to duel people.

The normal scoreboard will suffice I think, as it has all the most important features: ping, kills, deaths and rank. Some additional statistics wouldn’t hurt though:
    -average amount of feints per duel
    -average amount of kicks per duel
    -average accuracy
    -average surviving health
    -average rank of the enemy player
    -average loadout you fight against
    -your favourite loadout
    -total wins
    -total losses

After a fight show these things per the latest duel instead of average. In a pop-up separate from the scoreboard preferably.

The info should all fit neatly in the screen as well. If it becomes too cramped for smaller resolutions, create an enlarge button. All these stats should be availiable to you with a glance, though. Perhaps you could be shown the enemy player’s average stats when he challenges you? That’d be neat.

Also what the others have said: bug-free, should never interrupt chat, quick to use, pretty but not obtrusive.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.