Inconspicuous speedhackers

• I have noticed a few times while playing on either official of unofficial VAC-protected servers that some players are obviously using a speedhack that makes their swings look normal but the actual hit tracers are either accelerated or slowed down. This is usually done by manipulating the swing speed by 25-50 %, what is just about enough to use lag as an excuse. I have been votekicked out for trying to get these obvious hackers out of the server. Enough inexperienced players started flaming that I have to git gud and votekicked me out when they didn’t realise that a one guy keeps comboing everyone constantly with a polehammer at the speed of a hunting knife (without dragging), it isnt’ lag.

I stumbled upon this scene in the Two Trees FFA (Duel) server where a guy started messing around with a speedhack to do different types of swings - he didn’t use any cheats while he was fighting. In the video you can see an example of a maul overhead being slowed down to 10 % speed.

swing
    goes through
    opponent keeps parrying
    a few seconds later opponent parries the swing

It has been a few months and still sometimes I see people using a cheat engine to change the speed of their attacks, and it’s beyond me how this is not detected by VAC. A hack like this is apparently too hard to notice unless you have played this game for hundreds of hours and I can only imagine how many people use it to their advantage.

Am I the only one who has had many encounters such as this, and if not, how hard can it be to prevent them from happening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3UxonQZBL8

• i have never seen a speedhacker in this game lol

or well, maybe 1-2 tried to speedhack legit, but its really easy to see so i called them out and now everyone knowsa

• @CRUSHED:

i have never seen a speedhacker in this game lol

or well, maybe 1-2 tried to speedhack legit, but its really easy to see so i called them out and now everyone knowsa

The real problem are the hackers who are so subtle that you may not even notice it at first.

• @Fang:

The real problem are the hackers who are so subtle that you may not even notice it at first.

you can notice a very subtle speedhack easily though

• I saw someone from Kila moving on lightspeed on a public duel server a few months ago. Looked a bit like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8
    But this is fixed, I actually tested it a few weeks ago :P

• @CRUSHED:

Not everybody can because they are not too bright, like some players who think 150 ping is still “good”. So when I notice a speedhacker, there’s maybe one or two more guys who can notice it, but still not enough to votekick them out.

• I have to agree with the op on this. Let us not forget a niche cheat spends years perfecting this stuff and hiding it well.
    the subtle ones never get caught and know configs very well. One slip up though and its over. Its not worth it tbh.

• @CRUSHED:

Really? How?
    The easiest way is to check if the hacker is running faster than you, but you can enable/disable it on the fly. Meaning you can conceal your running speed at will or enable it when you definitely need a hit. With fast weapons, like Norse, Claymore, they could always argue it was lag or Chivalry being inconsistent.

Seriously, fuck that shit.
    Last time I encountered a speed hacker it was in Duel mode and he was using Zwei and swinging it at Greatsword-like speeds, but I only realized the speed was really off in round 2. It was duel, so I couldn’t just run behind him to see if I could catch up to him. And he was very careful to only throw attacks that could be accelerated.

• My concern is the drive hackers get out of this. Seriously, why the hell would you want to win at a game you know good and well you’re hacking?

• @Fang:

Even if they are trying to do it subtly, spectate them and pop up the debug menu and look at their walking speeds or max sprint speeds. Easily detectable to anyone who isn’t experienced enough. And even for the experienced, you get solid irrefutable proof.

But yeah. The amount of hackers in this game is close to none. There’s no real market for it.

• @Goregasm:

My concern is the drive hackers get out of this. Seriously, why the hell would you want to win at a game you know good and well you’re hacking?

Yea I agree. Its like playing MAA and still enjoying it even though its not fair.

• Are there actually wallhacks or aimbots for this game? On old openGL games 50% of all players use wallhacks heh
    Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJppgLcDehI

• @afiNity:

Are there actually wallhacks or aimbots for this game? On old openGL games 50% of all players use wallhacks heh
    Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJppgLcDehI

There’s most likely wallhacks since those are easy to make, but I doubt there are aimbots. Aimbots in chiv would be pretty useless for projectiles. And the only thing I could see an advanced aimbot do for melee is getting frame perfect drags and parries every time (unfeintable!).

EDIT: And lol @ that video claiming that for aimbot, probably just trying to make money off of dumb people.

• Global Moderator

I have seen aimbots and they are hilariously bad. Some archer was twitching. Doing instead 180 turns and firing. But an aimbot aims at the target. 95% of targets are moving and he aim of didn’t compensate for that.

Wallhacks are probably around but they wouldn’t be much use in this game as they would be in counterstrike.

The last two hackers I saw in this game were the subtle speed hackers. Ones who’s animations look fine but their tracers hit way before the animation does and they had normal ping. They ran just a little but faster than everyone else that was the same class. They both used claymores which made it more noticeable. A claymore hitting you and Norse sword speed. The more they comboed the more obvious it got.

The perfect thing was neither of them spoke English. Both French speaking New Caledonians. So everyone else could openly talk as long as you didn’t mention their usernames otherwise they jumped servers. I told everyone not to kick them as I filmed them.

They were both VAC banned the next day anyway.

• we should ask bigs for info

• @Sophax:

Yea I agree. Its like playing MAA and still enjoying it even though its not fair.

How about releasing that sand in your vagina ?

• @Edmund:

How about releasing that sand in your vagina ?

• hatchet buckler maa

• @afiNity:

I saw someone from Kila moving on lightspeed on a public duel server a few months ago. Looked a bit like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8
    But this is fixed, I actually tested it a few weeks ago :P

As the leader of KILA… . you are full of shit… Thanks for playing… No one in my clan is speed hacking… you are either too stupid to know the difference or you are a lagging pos. Either way you are an idiot or a liar… thanks for playing.

In addition, there are a lot of people that Overclock their PCs UDK is not Over clocking friendly if you have the HPET timer turned off. This gives a slight speed boost and is well known bug in UDK and I for one was one of the persons that discovered it by pure accident last year because I had a dinosaur potato that I had to OC just to play the game. Many people who OC have no idea about the HPET timer. It is not a hack it is just pushing your machine to it’s max potential and many players have no idea or intent to hack or cheat.

This game is so poorly optimised that the avg to less than avg PC can barely run it. There are shit tons of threads about shitty fps. So before you start calling out people for speed hacking, you better have some god damn proof other than… “well I saw so and so, kicking my ass…they must be speed hacking” and not even looking at your god damn ping differentials.

• a lot of hackers in the past have impersonated clan players

there was a speedhacker once who impersonated various players in LG

• ^ that too…. Thanks ZJ