Awarding objective points

• So I found an “Award Objective Points” AOC action. It has several attributes. Team Restrict, Points Category, and Custom Points Value.

Team Restrict is obvious.

Points Category is not so clear. There are several categories of points but as far as I know there is only 1 type of objective points in game. What are the categories for?

Custom Points Value seems to be the amount of points awarded for doing something. Seeing as most objectives give you a small amount of points for being in a certain area, such as pushing a cart or destroying a trebuchet, I assume the best way to do this is to just loop the Award Objective Points action with a delay of 2 or 3 seconds. Does this sound correct?

Lastly, I am not sure how to connect the “Target” node to the correct player. So if someone is standing behind a cart how do I get a variable of that person to hook into the “Target” node?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you for reading.

• I use PointVolumes for my pushcarts. Everyone inside the volume get a bonus for kills.

• jeah mee too

Pointvolume is easy to comprehend, use and is reliable

I have no experinece with "Award Objective Points" AOC action"

• Sorry I should have specified that the thing I am talking about is a kismet action.

What is pointvolume? Some sort of volume that automatically awards points to whoever is in it?
    Is it a Chivalry volume or a standard UDK volume?

• yes its AOCPointsVolume

it does exactly what you said it grants points to players in
    you can to toggle it on / off
    and you can set there bonus points for kill in this area

use this if u can
    its simple and it works 100% (woooo what a rare thing in UDK xD)

• Oh I forgot to use those volumes! but for the defenders, were to place the volumes?

(If your tam are better than the others and you are killing before they reach the objective, you lost points, then is better to wait to the bonus zone?

• @leynadix:

Oh I forgot to use those volumes! but for the defenders, were to place the volumes?

(If your tam are better than the others and you are killing before they reach the objective, you lost points, then is better to wait to the bonus zone?

I noticed “Award Objective Points” is used for players on ballista destroying some important stuff.

I have pointvolumes/killbonus on my pushobjectives, capture point, ballista areas for attackers and defenders. I should add more maybe for killing villagers.

• jj

I have it on pushable objective too

• So the AOCpointvolume worked perfectly.

But I have an objective where people need to destroy things. They should be awarded points after destroying things. But the pointvolume can not accomplish this. I have tried to tinker around with the “Award Objective Points” AOC action but I have had NO success.

Anyone who knows how to use this please speak up!

• Whats the problem that you’re having with it? It works fine on my end. As far as I know the category just determines how many points the player gets. EOPI PartialComplete being 1, MajorComplete being 10, etc. EOPI Custom lets you pick your own.

• yeah I don’t know why it was not working before but it is okay now.