New Videos Released!

• Developer

We’re running around a bit crazy right now from PAX so a proper post will likely be made later but for now just checkout the new videos either from our main page or via youtube:

Alpha Ingame Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0sl0fZ0EPg&hd=1

2D Lore Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpyI8Upbxg&hd=1

• let me be the first to say: fucking awesome

• Well done with this trailer! Real teasy for people ;)

• Pretty impressive.

• I just wanted to say WOW…
    It is awsome

• Absolutely stunning, beautiful work.
    I must say that the combat looks so fluid and responsive, especially for an Alpha video. Keep up the great work!

• one of my initial reactions to seeing this trailer was : Nice you could kick people off of ledges!

• hey,s o first up, your forum is kinda broken on firefox, I keep getting the top bit of the usable page going transparent when I scroll around.

second, watched the videos. And I’m not going to just praise you, I think I need to give you some critisicm(constructive or not).

So, at the end, when those 2… knights, I think, were charging at each other, they seem kinda fat, and blob like. Just telling it like it is, hooray for jelly blog knights.

Edit:

I’m going to get someone who didn’t like Age of Chivalry, and generally doesn’t play fps games to watch it, then get him to tell me his oppinion. To see if the trailer is successful or not.

SUBEDIT: so I got someone to watch it, and they thought it looks awesome, and want the game. But, the bit at the end with the blobby knights, they thought that was boring (they didnt mention anything about blobs, just boring).

Edit again:

before I do that, because he’s not on, heres a natural selection 2 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9STE1m2ug

and the ns2 trailer is really good. The new Chivalry Trailer didn’t have that same effect, perhaps it’s because it took 50% of the video before it actually showed any gameplay (and I know, those environments are gorgeous).

Mind you, the ns2 game has a lot of problems and isn’t looking nearly as polished as chivalry. But perhaps you should focus more on showing gameplay, than having long intros and outros. Or do some story cutscenes in a similar way to ns2.

• Unfortunately I must agree with Ironclaw about that 2 knights. It doesn’t look right.
    If you do that in 1on1 combat you would probably be stabbed, but it may be useful when charging on multiple troops.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that the trailer is not good, because it’s awesome. I can’t stop watching it, I’m watching it right now…

I just realised something, there is no shield(and arrows, but I don’t care about that) in the trailer.
    I love shields. :( I guess we just need to wait for it…

• Looking good already :]

• so far so good :D

• Looks awesome.
    To add some criticism, maybe the blood should be reworked to be darker, and make it feels like it is actually coming from an aimed injury (where the sword actually hits) and not just coming from nowhere.
    Also, make the block’s effects more visible and catchy by making them bigger and shinier like it was already in age of chivalry.
    It’s the only things i can judge for the moment, show more ingame footage and we could actually add more criticism (in answer to Tibberius’s “Shaping our Community” topic).

• So this was the trailer you were gonna upload once the countdown was down to zero? Too bad. I was hoping for a longer one :P Still awesome though!

• @Ironclaw:

hey,s o first up, your forum is kinda broken on firefox, I keep getting the top bit of the usable page going transparent when I scroll around.

second, watched the videos. And I’m not going to just praise you, I think I need to give you some critisicm(constructive or not).

So, at the end, when those 2… knights, I think, were charging at each other, they seem kinda fat, and blob like. Just telling it like it is, hooray for jelly blog knights.

Edit:

I’m going to get someone who didn’t like Age of Chivalry, and generally doesn’t play fps games to watch it, then get him to tell me his oppinion. To see if the trailer is successful or not.

SUBEDIT: so I got someone to watch it, and they thought it looks awesome, and want the game. But, the bit at the end with the blobby knights, they thought that was boring (they didnt mention anything about blobs, just boring).

Edit again:

before I do that, because he’s not on, heres a natural selection 2 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9STE1m2ug

and the ns2 trailer is really good. The new Chivalry Trailer didn’t have that same effect, perhaps it’s because it took 50% of the video before it actually showed any gameplay (and I know, those environments are gorgeous).

Mind you, the ns2 game has a lot of problems and isn’t looking nearly as polished as chivalry. But perhaps you should focus more on showing gameplay, than having long intros and outros. Or do some story cutscenes in a similar way to ns2.

My brother Has tried many Fps games and so far has not liked any of them but not because they suck (in fact he actually like the battlefield franchise) but because he himself sucks at Fps’s so wenever a new FPS comes out he probably is not interested at all. BUT i showed him this trailer and he said it was awsome, so similar situation to what happened to you except we didnt notice anything in the end, i thought that that it was suppose to be like that.

• congratz on having a good video out, you guys are really wetting my appetite.

really want to see the changes you guys have made, hoping you guys kept the old parry system.

mabe 3d would be the way to go in chivalry 2?

• Very cool!

• DUDE…… How can ik participate from Alpha Test? i really want to ITS AWESOME

• I, too, had an issue with the ending of the trailer…they didn’t look fat or blobby to me, it just looked wrong. It seemed like a really cheesy use of slomo, and the animations weren’t up to par with the rest of the trailer. It looked like they were from the FMV intro to AoC, kinda rough and not realistic at all.

Another thing is that I really would have liked to have seen overviews and cinematic angles on the combat. It’s great to show gameplay, but in a huge battle like that, it’s hard to follow the action sometimes. Some people, like me, wanna know what that stuff looks like if you’re, say, a reenforcement that’s just coming in. See the battle before you join the fray.

All in all, I liked the trailer, but it did seem a bit boring at times.