The Stamina System

• Stamina is very limiting as it is now.
    It is almost impossible to fight more than one person with a full stamina pool, even if they don’t have high stamina draining weapons.
    My suggestion is to:
    1.Buff Stamina by 25-30% on all classes.
    2.Increase the stamina drain for Feinting,Dodging,Missing,Combo-Feinting and Kicking.
    The reason i suggest this is because i think that you shouldn’t be punished as hard as you are now for simply successfully parrying an Attack.
    This would greatly help fighting multiple opponents and somewhat balance out high stamina draining weapons.
    Note: Some weapons need stamina-drain tweaks, but that should be a separate thread.

• This post is deleted!

• Basically, you want to reduce the stamina cost for parrying.

• Agree

/10 agree

• @dudeface:

Basically, you want to reduce the stamina cost for parrying.

Yup.
    But there is no universal stamina cost for parrying.
    It’s stamina drain vs. parry strength of each weapon.

• Yeah, though it might be easiest for them to add a multiplier into the relevant part of the parry code, rather than adjust either all the weapons, or all the non-weapon things. That way stamina drain for weapons could stay proportional but we could test out various values (0.8x, etc).

• @dudeface:

Yeah, though it might be easiest for them to add a multiplier into the relevant part of the parry code, rather than adjust either all the weapons, or all the non-weapon things. That way stamina drain for weapons could stay proportional but we could test out various values (0.8x, etc).

Yes.
    That’s why i suggested upping the overall stamina by 25-30% and increasing stamina drain for feints,dodges etc. based on that buff instead of tweaking every weapon.

• Yeah I understood. Just tossing alternative methods out there.

I’d also like to see the kick’s stamina drain (for the victim) removed.

• @dudeface:

Yeah I understood. Just tossing alternative methods out there.

But the Maul’s niche will be gone :(

• Please do it.

/10 chars

• @dudeface:

I completely agree.
    I already posted that in another thread, but it got ignored like everything else i guess.
    And of course the flinch in release on kicks and when sprinting or taking 80+ damage from a single instance.

• The post length must also be no less than 10 characters long, an attempt to circumvent this will be responded with disciplinary measures.

Guys, please stop with the /10 characters stuff.

On the topic of the post, I think some tweaking needs to be done for a few of the weapons. But in general I like the current system personally.

• Do you realize buffing stamina like you suggest just allows more spamming ? You really want to see vanguard slashing in melee more and more ? People playing like that are already annoying and ridiculous, don’t give them more stamina ! As it is, imagine a vanguard with claymore slashing his sword faster than a saber with more stamina than he has now…

Stamina needs some tweaks here and there maybe (maa dodge ?), but not a general buff imho.

• I agree.

-Cut the overal parry drain by 40% on 2h and 20% on 1handers.

So 40% less stamina drain for example when a maul hits a longsword and 20% less stamina drain for when a maul hits a broadsword.

If you parry your opponent you shouldn’t be punished as much as you are now stamina wise.

-Kicks shouldn’t do stamina damage.

-Keep the cost of everything else the same

-Feinting multiple times in a row should cost more than just the sum of the individual feints, for example your first feint should cost 100% of the feint cost but your second feint in a row should cost something like 125% or something.

-Nerf stab feints

@LaPoutre:

Do you realize buffing stamina like you suggest just allows more spamming ? You really want to see vanguard slashing in melee more and more ? People playing like that are already annoying and ridiculous, don’t give them more stamina ! As it is, imagine a vanguard with claymore slashing his sword faster than a saber with more stamina than he has now…

Stamina needs some tweaks here and there maybe (maa dodge ?), but not a general buff imho.

@Shard:

1.Buff Stamina by 25-30% on all classes.
    2.Increase the stamina drain for Feinting,Dodging,Missing,Combo-Feinting and Kicking.

You can either increase the general stamina pool AND the cost of each action except parrying OR you can just decrease the overal parry drain on the board by a certain percentage.

Anyways what hes saying you shouldn’t get more stamina to make missing and spamming for a hit (dr0gs, b0ckswings) more viable but that you shouldn’t be punished for parrying. Thats why hes suggesting to also increase the drain for the other actions while increasing the general pool.

• @LaPoutre:

Do you realize buffing stamina like you suggest just allows more spamming ? You really want to see vanguard slashing in melee more and more ? People playing like that are already annoying and ridiculous, don’t give them more stamina ! As it is, imagine a vanguard with claymore slashing his sword faster than a saber with more stamina than he has now…

You are either stupid or didn’t read through what i said.
    I said you would only get more stamina for actual successful parries.
    By upping the stamina drain on everything else it balances itself out.
    If you have more stamina but misses,feints,dodges and kicks cost more stamina, it stays the same in that regard.
    @unbornassassin
    That just might be the most retarded and unnecessary rule on this forum.
    Seriously, if somebody asks me a simple yes or no question, i am gonna reply with a simple yes or no + /10char.
    If you think there is something wrong with that, you need to get your brain checked.

• Could do that. But it wouldn’t be easy evening it all out.

And yeah that 10 character rule is pretty dumb. Why is it there? To stop spamming posts. Are we spamming posts? NO.

Vesanus said /10characters even though that post had 11 characters lol.

• i find it hilarious one of the main reason why some people want the stamina system changed is “fighting 1vX”

it’s like you guys don’t want to be punished for getting yourselves in retarded situations

• @kwazi:

it’s like you guys don’t want to be punished for getting yourselves in retarded situations

Sometimes you can’t do anything about it (losing an engagement and being the last alive against just a few guys), and it’s nice to have a chance in those situations.

• @Kim:

Sometimes you can’t do anything about it (losing an engagement and being the last alive against just a few guys), and it’s nice to have a chance in those situations.

Sure you can do something about it. It’s called not losing the engagement. >.>

Are you saying that the people who overall won the engagement shouldn’t have an advantage? Chances are that they are low on stamina and/or health, too.

• @Kim:

why should you get a “chance” when your team exploded and they have “just a few guys” left, that’s even a worse excuse because you expect a comeback situation AFTER your team has basically lost the engagement

if it was a close engagement and you’re facing down 2 hurt people (aka a situation where a 1v2 comeback might happen more than not happen) you can still win it without running yourself out of stamina