NERF charge, NERF archers, REMOVE FIR

• remove vanguard charge or just replace the sword charge animation with a stab charge animation
    • remove or reduce archer backstab bonus
    • reduce ranged weapons damage
    • remove flinch in release

I would be ultimately happy to see those in the new patch, idc about fancy menus.

• Yes please!

• Change .8 flinch and decrease parry stamina drain too.

• So… I hear everyone complaining about flinch in release lately, and it’s annoying, I agree. But I’m a little concerned, I’m experiencing a looooooot more of hits that are NOT interrupted when they should have. It drives me crazy, happens a lot when I’m playing with faster weapon than my opponent. I hit him first at the very beginning of his attack, during the wind up, and half of the time, I get hit back…
    It may be due to slight latency, causing a little shift between the attack and the animation… I don’t know, but it’s a bigger problem than flinch in release for me.

Completely agree with you on the charge nerf, but not on projectiles… Damage is not the problem, it’s that fucking crossbow which can OS almost every class without any effort. Projectiles are fast, weapon is disturbingly steady even if you move and fire/reload rate is insane with light crossbow. When I play shortbow, I hate to see crossbowman reloading faster than me…

And please, don’t nerf slings !

@Xanith:

decrease parry stamina drain too.

Why ?

• Nerf MAA. I need more characters.

• Overhead charge please, not a stab! Everything else stabs, having a cool unique overhead charge with vanguards would be, well, cooler.

• @LaPeutre Don’t forget that the FIR relies on running or much damage. They still won’t get stopped by your attacks although they should in your opinion if they just don’t run… So it’s just a big inconsistence which is bad imo.
    Sure flinch could be adjusted a bit so you’d like it better, but highest priority is to remove FIR atm imo.

@SOC I just proposed it because they already have that stab animation so they can do a charge hotfix and do that overhead attack later. I do agree, that an overhead would suit the swords best.

• @INerevar:

@LaPeutre Don’t forget that the FIR relies on running or much damage. They still won’t get stopped by your attacks although they should in your opinion if they just don’t run… So it’s just a big inconsistence which is bad imo.
    Sure flinch could be adjusted a bit so you’d like it better, but highest priority is to remove FIR atm imo.

Well, it seems that you misunderstood. Flinch in release happens after the wind up, that’s a problem. Your attack is interrupted during the release.

But my problem is that I hit clearly during the wind up, and when you take damage during the wind up of your attack it should interrupt you. But that doesn’t happen every time for me, don’t know what’s the problem.

• @LaPoutre:

But my problem is that I hit clearly during the wind up, and when you take damage during the wind up of your attack it should interrupt you. But that doesn’t happen every time for me, don’t know what’s the problem.

I’ve never seen that happen on anything other than ripostes, which are hit or miss when it comes to flinching them.

• @Kim:

I’ve never seen that happen on anything other than ripostes, which are hit or miss when it comes to flinching them.

Isn’t riposte unflinchable as long as you’re not sprinting or hit for over 80 damage?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Isn’t riposte unflinchable as long as you’re not sprinting or hit for over 80 damage?

I always thought that ripostes were supposed to be flinchable, but sometimes they bug out and don’t get flinched.

Might be the other way around and flinch in release might have something to do with it, no idea though.

• Why would you nerf Charge? It is laughably easy to defend against and often leaves the vanguard in a crap position.

• @Toll:

Why would you nerf Charge? It is laughably easy to defend against and often leaves the vanguard in a crap position.

Just what…. I can’t even…

• Just what…. I can’t even…

Well he’s half-right. Charge is pretty shit and is normally used as a funny novelty when people go YOLO mode.

But it’s so janky and inconsistent it can make it really difficult to deal with.

• @Toll:

Why would you nerf Charge? It is laughably easy to defend against and often leaves the vanguard in a crap position.

Nobody ever said charge is OP. It’s buggy and inconsistent.

• @Chimpanzer:

Nobody ever said charge is OP. It’s buggy and inconsistent.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Just remove it already, just like firepots. Both are cheap, inconsistent and add only frustration to the game.

• Charge does not need to be removed or nerfed, it just needs to be made consistent.

• @Cerebral:

Charge does not need to be removed or nerfed, it just needs to be made consistent.

^this. Standardize the distance covered.

• Reducing archer damaging would mean archer would no longer shoot each other.

People don’t think.

Charge is also the easiest shit to parry in the game.

• @lemonater47:

Reducing archer damaging would mean archer would no longer shoot each other.

People don’t think.

Charge is also the easiest shit to parry in the game.

except when it goes through your block