Archers + DarkForest - Shoot Family Members Through Barricade Wall

• hey guys
    Call me silly if needed

Is it intended that archers can shoot the family members through the unbroken/not damaged barricades? (as in, just shoot arrows through them & hit/kill the members without having to knock down the barricade wall)

Thanks
    ~Hen

• I don’t believe you’re supposed to be able to do this. I’ve actually never even seen it. Do you have video?

• You’re absolutely sure they weren’t damaged at all? You’re absolutely sure you just weren’t having a weird client-side graphical bug?

• Yeah, I think something changed a while back that lets archers shoot through even when its undamaged. Must be a new hole somewhere.
    Haven’t inspected this myself yet, but recently my teammate killed people in C before anyone hit the barricade.

I’m ok with shooting through damaged walls though.

• @Karasu:

I don’t believe you’re supposed to be able to do this. I’ve actually never even seen it. Do you have video?

Panicragegg specialty.

• @swagfox:

Panicragegg specialty.

Was that what that guy was talking about on reddit? I thought the doors were damaged and he was complaining about Panic doing it.

• I’ve seen this happen a couple times (and I hardly even play TO…) with the door not even touched.

The archer just stands behind the wall by C shoots through the gaps and through some unseen hole (I can’t fucking find it) and kills all the peasants.

No proof but definitely an eye witness.

• Um, mods I don’t know if you can actually delete threads or make them invisible or something but this might be a thread to do that on. If it’s true that archers can shoot straight through the wall before it’s damaged, we probably don’t want info like that to become general knowledge, considering the rate at which TB puts out hotfixes.

• @Karasu:

I don’t believe you’re supposed to be able to do this. I’ve actually never even seen it. Do you have video?

lol na behind on darkforest tactics
    if it’s partly broken you can kill family members with projectiles very easily, if it’s not broken at all it’s much harder.

@Flippy:

Um, mods I don’t know if you can actually delete threads or make them invisible or something but this might be a thread to do that on. If it’s true that archers can shoot straight through the wall before it’s damaged, we probably don’t want info like that to become general knowledge, considering the rate at which TB puts out hotfixes.

He can’t shoot straight through doors, only through gaps.

• @Karasu:

Was that what that guy was talking about on reddit? I thought the doors were damaged and he was complaining about Panic doing it.

Nah I first saw panic do this like 5 months ago at least lol. didnt think it was unknown. ya that must have been what he was complainin about though.

• If it’s through a gap in the door then it makes sense. I haven’t played much archer so I didn’t pay much attention to it when we scrimmed.

• I think it’s the bug where you can’t see the doors. For some reason it has happened 4 scrims in a row that someone can’t see the doors, without any patches lately.

• Oh maybe. I only got that bug once, but I didn’t test to see if projectiles could go through the invisible doors.

• @dudeface:

Oh maybe. I only got that bug once, but I didn’t test to see if projectiles could go through the invisible doors.

I haven’t personally tested it but I heard some clan used throwing axes to kill the peasants when they couldn’t see the door. Which is a dick move IMO.

• Yes, if you cant see the door you cant go through them but you can easily throw axes etc to kill the peasants inside.

And cmon, shooting down the family through palisade and hardly touched door on C is how most of scrims end.

• Global Moderator

You can win the game without breaking down any of the barricades. Did that once. Bamboozled the other team. Called us hackers.

• Yeah I’ve seen it done repeatedly by a well known archer in Aus, won’t say who. Even with no damage to the doors there are gaps.

• ive seen this happen where the doors were not destroyed and all the peasants got killed

never seen it in action though

• Mod

Yeah I’m sure that you can shoot through both the undamaged wall on C and the wooden fence easily if you know what you’re doing. It’s not new stuff.

I assume it’s not intended and I’d like to see it removed. Makes dark forest a pretty bad map

• @Flippy:

Um, mods I don’t know if you can actually delete threads or make them invisible or something but this might be a thread to do that on. If it’s true that archers can shoot straight through the wall before it’s damaged, we probably don’t want info like that to become general knowledge, considering the rate at which TB puts out hotfixes.

More people that find out about, the “faster” it should get fixed. This is the issue that happened with the alt swing animation bug. Problem was that so many people knew about it already, but the devs thought they stopped it from leaking cuz they would hide all the threads, and not fix it until ages later.

lol, nope. Hiding things and hoping they go away is not the solution.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.