Playtesting for the Contest

• Since we’re talking about maps that people have sunk alot of their time and dedication in would it be only fair if we gave them a fair and thourough testing proces as possible.

You have listed the minimum qualifications that the map has to have, but things like “flow” and “balance” cannot be properly judged with a few dev only playtests with bots.

There needs to be rigoures playtestings done where the devs either play incognito with the rest and/or spectate how others. This needs to happen MORE than once.

Point being you have to experience the maps to their fullest potential, when they are in action, in order to have a good understanding and experience to base your judging on.

Another point is that worries me is that the makers of maps such as Coldfront, Citadel and to a lesser extent Outpost will also be judging these maps. I highly doubt their skills that came in hand when they made the aforementioned maps. I think they aren’t qualified to be judging maps that far outshine their own.

This leads me to believe that the playerbase also has to play a role in the judging of certain maps that get picked since TB has a history of completely ignoring their playerbase, misunderstanding it or giving and changing things that the playerbase did not ask for or just making maps of a poor quality technically wise AND gameplay wise.

The precise role should be some format of voting process that should indicate what maps are wanted.

• Global Moderator

They all get tested with 32 people down here. All you gotta do is name a server after Yarnu the dog and everyone comes.

Next patch also apparently reduces the load time for custom map. They don’t have to extract every time you load the map.

• The developpers decide not we. Look at neuschwatzein (? ) the community said that it was a good map because : O MY GOD SO BEAUTIFUL. And the devs had good critics for the maps. I think that community speak too much for this game. It is TBS project not ours. But you are probably right for the bots testing.

• @Bardaf:

The developpers decide not we. Look at neuschwatzein (? ) the community said that it was a good map because : O MY GOD SO BEAUTIFUL. And the devs had good critics for the maps. I think that community speak too much for this game. It is TBS project not ours. But you are probably right for the bots testing.

There should be both is what I am saying.

TB thus far has only made 2 good, balanced and optimized maps and these are Darkforest and Stoneshill;

Neuschwanstein is a masterpeice compared to Coldront an Citadel. Maybe they’re good at criticising other maps but not their own.

• I do agree with Sophax here.

I played some maps and they look and feel awesome. But we’ve just been 8vs8 on best times, 4vs4 at the worst. A full 24 or even 32 player server full of people playing the game “normally” would provide the map creators a ton of useful hints, bugs, quirks, opinions about flow and difficulty etcetc.

I’ve only seen like 3 servers running these Contest maps which is a shame because every single one of them looks awesome.

• No, even if coldfront etc are shit, they know more things about map than a large part of the community and i don’t think people are mature enough to vote for something like this “yehh i vote for crushed cuz he’s my buddy -sophax 2014”

• @Edmund:

No, even if coldfront etc are shit, they know more things about map than a large part of the community and i don’t think people are mature enough to vote for something like this “yehh i vote for crushed cuz he’s my buddy -sophax 2014”

Firstly read my entire post.

You can’t talk on behalf of “the community” because you’re not constructive part of “the community”. Just looking at the maps that the “community” in this map contest is making more than enough proof for your lackluster argument.

Stop assuming people who follow this contest don’t know what a good map is.

Secondly you’re the last person to talk about maturity. The “community” and I despise you and your pathetic attempts at being abusive or trying to troll people all the time wholeheardtely. You’re the guy who thinks hes being cool and funny while you’re making a fool out of yourself and being nothing more than annoying.

I just wonder why I don’t run into people like you IRL, oh thats right you’ll have to face the consequences for being a douche.

Thirdly, the community consist more out of more people besides me and Crushed. You don’t have to be all obsessed about me or Crushed. Stop making all these assumptions like you do nothing else but think about other people in your free time, like some asocial creep.

People vote for the maps they like and so do I. If a map is good then its good, if its bad then its bad, regardless of the connections.

inb4 another infraction and ban. So be it

• Stop assuming people who follow this contest don’t know what a good map is.

Most of the people don’t know a shit how to made map and what make a good map regarding visual, performance, balance etc because the majority didn’t even play something else than chiv and have 0 experience about this, so yeah tbs is a better option, they know better than the vast majority of people in this forums and of course they don’t have preference regarding who made the maps lol, deal with it.

Secondly you’re the last person to talk about maturity. The “community” and I despise you and your pathetic attempts at being abusive or trying to troll people all the time wholeheardtely. You’re the guy who thinks hes being cool and funny while you’re making a fool out of yourself and being nothing more than annoying.

See what i was talking about with maturity, i make a simple post and the guy take it as a personal attack and start to insult me lol, every clown like you would vote for his buddy and not objectively choose the better map.

I just wonder why I don’t run into people like you IRL, oh thats right you’ll have to face the consequences for being a douche.

You don’t do it because every random guy with 70kg destroy you with your little arms and i would to, believe me haha, i have some years of boxing so calm your tits.

• That was pretty much the most articulate “Go fuck yourself you immature retard and hopeless assholish misantrope” I’ve ever read.

Power to you Sophax! :D

• I’m sure you are all capable of having a civilized discourse if you really put your minds to it.