Need a more intuitive way for contacting mods

• Right now the only way to message them is to add them as a friend on steam or leave a message which doesn’t get seen on the steam group. There needs to be an easier way to contact them from in-game, where the reports can be dealt with immediately.

Also, if I take screenshots of racism/homophobia, would they be able to be dealt with later? such as a global mute on all official servers for so many days, or permanently if they’re repeat offenders? It’s pretty disheartening to see so many people casually throw racist and homophobic terms around because they know there are no repercussions and due to the nature of the game being very instantly gratifying so they think it doesn’t matter as much as using those same terms in other places (or because they really are hateful and vitriol).

• Sorry, we haven’t really taken over the old server admin steam group (yet?). I think going forward the mods who are currently online will be spending time in that or the official group chat, whichever one is easier for people to use to contact us.

• Getplayerinfo command enabled again.

That way you can have reports with 100% concrete evidence. If no mod is available you can just do that instead and report the guy later.

• DaGGyzo is actually planning on making a new group so we’ll be able to help out with servers more efficiently very soon.

• @Karasu:

DaGGyzo is actually planning on making a new group so we’ll be able to help out with servers more efficiently very soon.

A steam group is a steam group. How would it be more efficient than the last steam group.

• This one will be udpated so it only has new, official moderators

• @UnbornAssassin:

This one will be udpated so it only has new, official moderators

Right.

I thought you meant somehow the process was to be more efficient.

From my point of view its already less efficient. As we can’t join the group we could the last one. Made it easy to find people. We cant report players because we have to be a member to post a thread.

• @Karasu:

DaGGyzo is actually planning on making a new group so we’ll be able to help out with servers more efficiently very soon.

It’s been days. When is this happening? With the steam summer sale we have tons of new players. This needs to be a thing asap.

• Sorry, shoulda posted this sooner.
    Here is the new group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

• How does that group help players report abuses? We can’t join it or message anyone in it without adding them as a friend…

• @Tummeh:

How does that group help players report abuses? We can’t join it or message anyone in it without adding them as a friend…

Whoops I’ll tell DaGGyzo to make it public like the last one. Thanks for pointing this out.

• Making it public may be a bad call, can confuse people on who is infact moderators…

• @UnbornAssassin:

Making it public may be a bad call, can confuse people on who is infact moderators…

That’s not hard make all moderators moderators in the group.

• @Tummeh:

How does that group help players report abuses? We can’t join it or message anyone in it without adding them as a friend…

Enter the chat for that group.
    If mods are online we will be waiting in the chat.

• @dudeface:

Enter the chat for that group.
    If mods are online we will be waiting in the chat.

I think you gotta work on that one.

• Why don’t you leave them alone mr lemon they know what they are doing without your bs.

• My clan also has a contact page for people needing an admin for the SM when there are none ingame, just a basic we page that sends a mail. Maybe we could add something similar ?

• I said IF mods are online.

• @dudeface:

I said IF mods are online.

There seemed to be 5 online.

• Well I leave my steam online pretty much all day, but I don’t stay in the chat room unless I’m on hand to actually respond.