Steam Summer Sale

• Mod

What kind of games are you guys interested in getting? Any recommendations for games that are a daily or flash sale? Post umm here

Two games that I’ve found that I’ve enjoyed a lot and would recommend.

FTL: Faster Than Light - A single-player roguelike game where you command a ship and fight through various sectors, upgrading your ship and crew, and fight the Rebel flagship. It’s a very thoughtful experience with good tension. It’s got a lot of content, variance, and unique situations and there’s several mods that add a ton of more content to the game. For $4 it’s one of my favorite games on Steam. Plus it runs on a potato.

Here’s a Zero Punctuation on it

Got a 84 on MetaCritic

ARMA II: Combined Operations - A (Relatively old) military simulator with a ton of content and realism, mainly multiplayer and has a great community. Play the original DayZ mod, use realism mods and join a group for an extremely real, intense, and fun missions and Team v. Team combat, or play one of the more casual modes like Wasteland and build bases, hunt down enemies and fly around helicopters and drive BRDMs. Map size is huge, a common map called Chernarus is 225 km2 open world with forests, cities, villages, docks and very detailed. Very awesome with positional audio where you can go from whispering to shouting (Acre), dealing with bullet drop and wind when sniping, disabling enemy vehicles, etc. With the $5 bundle you get the base game Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead (Everyone plays on Operation Arrowhead but you also need the base game). I enjoy the game a lot more then Arma 3.

Here’s just a coop group mission I found, you can skip in a little bit

Got a 77 on MetaCritic

What are some other games you guys have played before and now see on sale? Please provide some info in any recommendations or discouraging of buying a game.

Also, what have you guys bought so far? I’ve got Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theater, waiting on Enemy Front and Wolfenstein the New Order to go on sale.

• Mod

Metro: Last Light is a fantastic first person shooter, though the story spoils the end of the first game (not a big deal if you aren’t interested in playing through Metro: 2033). Really atmospheric and has some of the best graphics I’ve ever seen in a shooter. Gameplay’s a really great blend of stealth and action, where some parts will have you crawling around in the dark tunnels of the metro silently taking down guards, and others pit you up against some crazy mutated bosses. For $6 it’s a steal.

Here’s the trailer for the game.

• you should buy fallout new vegas if you havent already

good game with good mods

• @zombojoe:

you should buy fallout new vegas if you havent already

good game with good mods

Like Skyrim but with guns

• These sale are so addictive tbh. I buy it and it sits in the inventory. Even so went ahead and got something called
    Far Cry 3 deluxe.

• @Chimpanzer:

Like Skyrim but with guns

like oblivion with guns you dirty casual

• I’m still waiting for a good deal for South Park and Wolfenstein

• @zombojoe:

you should buy fallout new vegas if you havent already

good game with good mods

Why would you buy New Vegas when you can buy Fallout 3?
    So much better.

• Brothers is good but very short, Metro 2033 is better than Last Light by a considerable margin, Blackguards is pretty average as far as tactical RPGs go but then good tactical RPGs are few and far between, Torchlight 2 is great if anyone doesn’t have that yet. Just bought Age of Wonders 3 myself.

• @Shack:

Why would you buy New Vegas when you can buy Fallout 3?
    So much better.

you can buy both and play Fallout 3 in New Vegas btw, with all the dlcs and even some of the mods

• I got Stalker: Clear Skies, Beyond Divinity and State of Decay. So far I’m liking stalker the best. Only played Shadow of Chernobyl before, next is Pripyat

• pripyat is the most polished but also the shortest

• Just got Insurgency. Having a blast playing it so far.

• I hear good things about that Mr Knifelegs tbh. Also Pripyat sounds interesting.

• i used to play the mod back in the day with AOC as well

the game is pretty good, kinda like red orchestra but with short range engagements set in modern times

• Mod

Insurgency is decent, albeit some of the community members are awful over voice chat

• @SlyGoat:

Metro 2033 is better than Last Light by a considerable margin

fite me irl m8

They are very different games. I just hate that they made Ranger Mode DLC in LL.

• I think the sale was quite disappointing so far tbh

• well i supported knil and kimiko so far

• Oh yeah I forgot about Tabletop. I’ll have to pick that up too.