Spawn areas

• I got a msg saying, that spawn areas should be inaccessable. Is this true? If so, were are the main rules for what should be in the map? Because I can’t see it anywhere.

• @Alexenv:

I got a msg saying, that spawn areas should be inaccessable. Is this true? If so, were are the main rules for what should be in the map? Because I can’t see it anywhere.

Ideally you’d want to keep your attackers/Defenders from going in and spawn killing people. I suggest finding a way to do so for your map, either by using the blockade placeables, or other careful means, like using second stories for the insides of buildings and the like.

• Attackers shouldn’t be able to kill defenders inside their (the defenders) spawn. Defenders shouldn’t be able to kill people while inside their own spawn. Nor should defenders be able to shoot from spawn into an objective that needs to be defended.

This allows for better gameplay all round.

• All right I guess. It’s a shame I had no clue before I created the map, cuz now I’ll have to completely restructure it.

• An example of a poor, unprotected spawn would be Outpost 3rd objective (the gate) for the attackers. Masons can shoot in with a ballista, and just rampantly spawn camp / LMB around.