Do we need to delete the beta client?

• (title) Or does the release upgrade from the beta?

In other words, does everything need to be downloaded again?

• asking myself the same question. I preordered to get instant access. After playing the beta for 70 + hours I can say that this is the game I’ve been waiting for a long long time :)

• You’ll have to download it again. You can expedite the process by going to steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare and copying the files from there over to the release version folder once it’s created (I.E. once Steam starts downloading it).

• @SlyGoat:

You’ll have to download it again. You can expedite the process by going to steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare and copying the files from there over to the release version folder once it’s created (I.E. once Steam starts downloading it).

Talking of which; since there dosn’t seem to be any pre-loading available (on Steam or otherwise) and I’d still like to get in and play as soon as possible on release later today, is it possible to get a hold of the current beta client (or at least the bulk data packages) to - as you say - help quicken the download?

I did not get invited to the Beta and thus don’t have access to any of the related forums/downloads… :(

• Will there be a patch post-release? Or will it be a while until the next patch?

• @Staminix:

Will there be a patch post-release? Or will it be a while until the next patch?

I read somewhere that they expected to put out a first patch after about 2 weeks (which dosn’t include hotfixes I guess).

• So I have to reinstall the complete game if I have played the beta (if I don’t copy any file)? And what’s with the ~800MB patch that released yesterday? It resetet the stats, but it wasn’t the full version if I understood what you all meant

• To be honest, I’m not quite sure what the exact process will be if you only had a beta key. I doubt Steam will delete all your files though so I’m assuming that as long as you just activate the new key on release you’ll be fine.

• @b3h47pte:

To be honest, I’m not quite sure what the exact process will be if you only had a beta key. I doubt Steam will delete all your files though so I’m assuming that as long as you just activate the new key on release you’ll be fine.

I only ever got a instant access key, we are suppose to get another key for release?

• Nvm

• The $50 instant access key is valid after release so there shouldn’t be anything you have to do there.

You should be fine, just let steam continue to download and it should be okay. All stats are wiped anyways.

• :cheers: thank you :cheers: