Mistaking blood for Mason colours at higher rank

• This mistake is perfectly forgiveable for newer players but I think it’s pretty silly to still be doing it past, say, rank 35. Regularly doing it past rank 40 is plain old retarded. Actually, you shouldn’t be doing it at all past rank 40 tbh, even when they come round a corner and surprise you.

• Still happens to me sometimes. Sometimes when your screen is saturated in tomato sauce when on low HP and an Agatha covered in tomato sauce is in your face suddenly when you’ve recently killed a Mason in the last second. I can usually drag it out of harm’s way most of the time though.

The blue looked red.

• @DokB:

Still happens to me sometimes. Sometimes when your screen is saturated in tomato sauce when on low HP and an Agatha covered in tomato sauce is in your face suddenly when you’ve recently killed a Mason in the last second. I can usually drag it out of harm’s way most of the time though.

The blue looked red.

• when they use custom skins and helmets.

Happens to me very rarely though.

• Makes for a good excuse when the votekicks start. You thought THEY were doing it on accident?

• Mod

@INerevar:

• when they use custom skins and helmets.

Happens to me very rarely though.

Barbarians still screw me over sometimes. I don’t feel bad for accidentally teamkilling them though…

• Global Moderator

@Tyoson:

Barbarians still screw me over sometimes. I don’t feel bad for accidentally teamkilling them though…

Masons don’t wear shirts. They are the easiest to tell apart lol.

• I will never forget my first kill in Chivalry.

Hillside, stage 1 as an Agatha Knight with Longsword. I leave the boats and spot an archer on top of a hill, with his back turned towards me.

I rush him and, with my mighty Longsword, release a mighty overhead on him, killing him in one fell swoop.

It was a teammate. Damn bloodied uniform.

Had someone defending me, “well, that’s what you get for wearing all white.”

• @a:

I will never forget my first kill in Chivalry.

Hillside, stage 1 as an Agatha Knight with Longsword. I leave the boats and spot an archer on top of a hill, with his back turned towards me.

I rush him and, with my mighty Longsword, release a mighty overhead on him, killing him in one fell swoop.

It was a teammate. Damn bloodied uniform.

Had someone defending me, “well, that’s what you get for wearing all white.”

Still makes you better than 90% of the new players nowadays for getting your first kill with an attack other than a LMB swing.

• Happened to me all the time before that low HP desaturation effect was significantly toned down. Thank goodness for that change.

• @DaciaJC:

Happened to me all the time before that low HP desaturation effect was significantly toned down. Thank goodness for that change.

yeah i just learned to look at people’s helmets especially on vanguards

• Mod

@Rickvs:

Still makes you better than 90% of the new players nowadays for getting your first kill with an attack other than a LMB swing.

haha, yeah good point. I can’t remember my first kill. Should’ve noted it!

• @Tyoson:

haha, yeah good point. I can’t remember my first kill. Should’ve noted it!

Im pretty sure my first kill was with a vanguard and his secondary axe. I choped the head of someone with an overhead :P

It can happen that you mistake agathas for mason but shouldnt happen too many time though.

• Damn, wish I could remember my first kill.

I remember little from my first weeks(or even months) playing Chivalry, but I do still remember the precious moment when I unlocked the Zweihander in my first week(it was also one of the first weapons I unlocked) and the following thrill of using it. It immediately became my favorite weapon.

Those times were great. Unlocking weapons, getting excited about a rank up, and just the overall feel of the game at that moment. I wish I could play Stoneshill or Darkforest for the very first time again.

Sorry for going a bit too off topic there.
    I usually don’t mistake blood for Mason colors, but that’s because I never really mindlessly fight instinctively. Every single time I watch for the cursor if it’s a barbarian, I’m too lazy to finally learn the difference between factions.

• my first kill i blew someones head off with a warhammer

• I don’t think I ever killed a teammate cause of that but it can be confusing especially when you play on potato graphics

• Never really had problems with that myself. I’m getting shot by friendly archers quite regularly tho.

When in doubt I check if the dot turns red.

• One of my first kills wound up being an assist. I chucked a javelin up in the air and followed it with arrow cam, and watched it hit an archer in the leg. But when I closed in for the kill an enemy vanguard charge attacked and killed me, also tking the archer. He got votekicked and I got decapitated, then I was a jav monster for an hour. :)

old chiv should be re-released as a mod like DW.

• Totally depends on how bloody they are and what their color scheme is. I even do it on occasion and the badbadbadbararians as well.

• bloody barbarians are impossible to tell apart

especially MAAs

• Honestly I’m more likely to momentarily forget what team I’m on than ever mistake someone’s colours for another.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.