RIP Deadliest Warrior

• Hasn’t seen a patch (!!!LOL UNELSS YOU COUNT A NEW SPARTAN SKIN!!!) in half a year.

Hasn’t seen balance ever, like the last balance update I remember = the egg stun removed. In like alpha. Shit man.

Oh well, Torn banner clearly shit this one out and flushed the toilet. I had a lot of fun though telling people that they were full of hot air and should not fart before the spartan skin update. In fact this game was a lot more fun than the FOV 1000000 kiddys that plagued the FFA duel servers that knew all the tricks the bugged piece of shit that MW vanilla (still is one too) had and would kill you 100% of the time unless you feint, which would net you a votekick.

I would say that the only good thing that survived from DW was dat pirate music on Isle. Whoevers manning the fiddle got some srs skill. And the spartan yells. And the samurai yells. And the flaming rum. And the ninja roll that IMO is less buggy than the MAA dodge. In reality the game was pretty decent until it was quickly discovered that the fov 100000 kids from MW came and realized how unbeatable Spartan was and still is. Game just needed a few patches and some more content, which it now clearly will never get.

So, hat off now in respect to Deadliest Warrior, which was most of my 500 hours in Chivalry. If it were any more inbred, it would be a sandwich. Now all I play is Giant Slayers in MW because playing DW just makes me depressed. I was honestly sad to see this as the END of the latest patch notes:

**Knight

• Teutonic Great Helm

What to do next? More skins to sell for 8$/more buggy unbalanced maps that nobody plays instead of releasing content.

• I 100% agree. Got a nice kick out of the game for about 10 hrs. Then the poor balancing, the lack of patches and the obvious lack of shit that the devs give about the game start showing up.

• i played the beta and saw it wasnt going to improve so i never bought it

• Purchased this on release and had a nice game as a Knight whooping the other factions. Due to my boxset addiction
    and Chivalry at weekends I no longer play this mode.

• Yeah back when DW released, MW was in such a poor state that DW was more fun AND arguable more balanced. But TBS said fuck it, and they fixd MW and made it playable again, but the tradeoff was that they threw out DW. Too bad, I still enjoy DW and I think there’s still PLENTY of untapped potential there. DW horde mode anybody? DW giantslayers LOL. Giant pirate with a blunderbuss or giant Viking shield toss killing 9 people. Giant Spartan doing a shield bitchslap and clearing the map.

• As one of the few people who like DW better than MW from the start (mostly due to the skill ceiling still being high while getting rid of a dedicated archer class and infini-drags), a small part of me likes to think that maybe, just maybe, the devs may eventually come back. I know that even if they did, though, there wouldn’t be much to save. Maybe a steam sale or 30 could save it, granted it got some much needed TO or at least a new map.

This silly arcadey thing is responsible for some 350+ hours of my life, and I wouldn’t trade a single one, but goddamn if it isn’t a tragedy. I put this right up with T:A in terms of “What could’ve been.”

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpEasAKd_Gw

Whenever this shit came on I’d always go on a Legendary spree.

Remember when the announcer was ear****? I shit myself the first time I got legendary, fucker just YELLED IT OUT.

• Now that I’m playing on 64 bit, I was thinking of buying DW. The posts on this forum have convinced me not to.

• @Cat1099:

Now that I’m playing on 64 bit, I was thinking of buying DW. The posts on this forum have convinced me not to.

Its fun.

But needs more attention from the devs.

Many players exclusively play DW saying its superior to MW. So its not awful.

• I’ve been reading that there aren’t any active servers for DW - if a couple reliable ones for the US are out there, I might go ahead and get it.

• @Cat1099:

I’ve been reading that there aren’t any active servers for DW - if a couple reliable ones for the US are out there, I might go ahead and get it.

Strange considering there’s active servers in Australia from western Australia to the eastern side. There’s bound to be active servers in a place that as 6 times the population of the population of Australia and New Zealand combined.

• The Colosseum and Colosei Mortis are U.S. servers that are usually fairly active around primetime, and are where the majority of the better N/A players seem to spend much of their time. There’s also several tdm servers that are usually fairly populated around the same time. Definitely playable.

• Good, I hope they never update DW again. Took way too much time away from MW.

• @Flippy:

Good, I hope they never update DW again. Took way too much time away from MW.

No it didn’t. They patched the game tons while they were making deadliest warrior. Sure one of those patches was awful but it was a very large patch as were many others.

It wasn’t till after deadliest warrior was released when patches and communication pretty much stopped.

• @Flippy:

Good, I hope they never update DW again. Took way too much time away from MW.

+1

MW was always better. in DW ripostes make your attacks actually go slower. what the hell?

• @Psyfon:

+1

MW was always better. in DW ripostes make your attacks actually go slower. what the hell?

Again not true lol.

I know you guys hate DW but there’s no use in making shit up about it.

• @lemonater47:

Again not true lol.

I know you guys hate DW but there’s no use in making shit up about it.

Then why was that the exact same thing that happened to me every time i riposted during the most recent free weekend? Its all i have to go off of and its exactly what happened. Everything bad that people said about it was true…i just had to see for myself though.

• Well I can play any time and I know that ripostes are faster and work the same as in MW lol.

• Mod

I remember playing. It felt very clunky and arcadey. The balance wasn’t there. It felt like I had no control over swings. Knight with longsword didn’t feel like the same knight with longsword from MW. I remember saying “This game is shit” in chat. Then some high rank was like “Fuck off then cunt” So I did, and it was on that day I vowed to never return to the abortion that is, Deadliest Warrior.

• @Tyoson:

I remember playing. It felt very clunky and arcadey. The balance wasn’t there. It felt like I had no control over swings. Knight with longsword didn’t feel like the same knight with longsword from MW. I remember saying “This game is shit” in chat. Then some high rank was like “Fuck off then cunt” So I did, and it was on that day I vowed to never return to the abortion that is, Deadliest Warrior.

Maybe because the knight has a sword of war not a longsword.