Team Flinch

• ok so, more testing is needed, but team attacks are not supposed to flinch you, yet i get cancelled out of my attack VERY often by teammates. I’m pretty sure the whole flinch in release bug happens with team attacks as well. I know it’s not supposed to, but it’s happened to me so often that i KNOW for a fact it does.

I’ll try and get a test going and video it… but if anyone else wants to do it as well before i can get around to it, post a vid.

it’s a bug. and it happens.

• It’s not really a bug as much as it is (called) a feature.

IIRC, the flinch in release code made it only happen if you were either sprinting or if the attack did over 80 damage.
    It doesn’t check whether or not the attack came from a member of the same team.

So if you sprint a lot or FF is set to 100%, you can expect a lot of flinches in release happening.
    Which should still just be removed entirely in my opinion.

• So if you sprint a lot or FF is set to 100%, you can expect a lot of flinches in release happening.

It has got to be old code from the alpha that was never double-checked or something. It’s just so stupid and counter-intuitive I refuse to believe TB’s programmers are that terrible.

I’m becoming less and less optimistic though.

• @Flippy:

It has got to be old code from the alpha that was never double-checked or something. It’s just so stupid and counter-intuitive I refuse to believe TB’s programmers are that terrible.

I’m becoming less and less optimistic though.

Mind if I inform you that the lead coder was fired at one point? The guy that was building the core behind the codes and ect, then all the work was left behind for the other coders of Torn Banner. And reading and understanding the rules that a coder made isn’t always easy. but yeah.

Lead coder was fired if I remember correctly, so there is bound to be tons of errors and bugs yet remaining in their codings, least there is a lot of code lines that are not used.

• should recode the entire game tbh

can you imagine how consistent the game could be?

• or re-hire the guy, hehe

• They should just bring back team flinching as everything else is stupid

• One of the worst things about lack of team flinching is that there is still knockback, which means teammates can actually launch each other into enemies. Having a SOW knight launch his Dubaxe teammate 10 feet into you while he is in windup is just not right.

• haha ive been launched into the enemy by teammates so many times in TO clusterfucks

• @zombojoe:

haha ive been launched into the enemy by teammates so many times in TO clusterfucks

Not me personally, but at least twice it happened to me, that I accidentally hit a friendly knight with a maul that was clearly attacking out of range and it launched him right at the enemy popping his head.

But it’s bloody annoying when it happens against you. You get your ranges right, but nope, vanguard catapults. Also there’s this thing during fights, you await your chance and when you see someone get hit in windup, you automatically assume they won’t be of a threat for a while but nope, teamdamage does not flinch….

Just reintroduce team-flinch. It’s annoying either way but current state seems more annoying, as well as confusing (I often get confused when my attack continues even though I somehow got hit, not a big thing but that second of “wuh?” is what causes loss of control).

• the team flinch thing happens because of the sprint-flinch ‘feature’

Regardless, I think team flinch should be added, or should at least be a server option. Would help make 1vX+1 situations have a little more depth. It should definitely be a competitive mode standard.

• Regardless, I think team flinch should be added, or should at least be a server option. Would help make 1vX+1 situations have a little more depth. It should definitely be a competitive mode standard.

This could be used for something like a competitive mode similar to CS:GO with the casual and competitive mode. Competitive mode w/ 100% team damage, 50% class limit & team flinch.

• The flinch in release ‘feature’ about 80% damage. If I was shot by a team mates Heavy Crossbow, the damage it does would be greater than 80% in most cases before team damage reduction. If the reduction happens after this ‘feature’ line of code, then it would very much explain why sometimes I get flinched in release/whenever by projectiles from my own team which I swear happens from time to time.

Anyone know the facts of this?

• One of the worst things about lack of team flinching is that there is still knockback, which means teammates can actually launch each other into enemies. Having a SOW knight launch his Dubaxe teammate 10 feet into you while he is in windup is just not right.

But it is oh so sweet when you do it on purpose to help your buddy get a kill he would have otherwise missed…

• The >80 damage and sprint code also checks to make sure you’re not on the same team (one of the many conditions inside that if statement)

• @dudeface:

The >80 damage and sprint code also checks to make sure you’re not on the same team (one of the many conditions inside that if statement)

This is correct.

As you can see, it should check if the players are on the same team:

else if ((ActualDamage >= 80.0f || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprinting || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Deflect') || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Feint') || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Windup') && AOCRangeWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon) == none) || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Active') || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Flinch') || Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Transition') || Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsManualJumpDodge || (Info.HitActor.Weapon.IsInState('Recovery') && AOCWeapon(Info.HitActor.Weapon).GetFlinchAnimLength(true) >= WeaponAnimationTimeLeft()) ) && !bParry && !bSameTeam &&    !Info.HitActor.StateVariables.bIsSprintAttack) 

So if team flinch does happen it is a legit bug this time. And unless those Unrealscript logic operators need an extra set of parentheses, the bug is somewhere else in the code.

• O well,
    I swear on occasion I get flinched by my teams arrows. I’ll be hit from behind and flinched and not much damage is done.

• its definitely a bug, and i’m more inclined to think it’s the ‘while sprinting’ portion and not the damage. If it was damage it would have to ignore the whole team damage percentage first, and also do 80 damage. It happens to me enough to where i’m pretty certain it’s because i’m sprinting… but one thing is for damn sure, it happens.

• @50ShadesofClay:

its definitely a bug, and i’m more inclined to think it’s the ‘while sprinting’ portion and not the damage. If it was damage it would have to ignore the whole team damage percentage first, and also do 80 damage. It happens to me enough to where i’m pretty certain it’s because i’m sprinting… but one thing is for damn sure, it happens.

Well, as Campones said, it technically can’t happen. The part “&& !bSameTeam” should prevent it from happening.

• @Stuffy:

Well, as Campones said, it technically can’t happen. The part “&& !bSameTeam” should prevent it from happening.

what is bug? baby don’t hurt me.

bug= thing that shouldn’t happen but does.

campones didn’t say that it can’t happen. he says in that particular bit of code that checks are done to prevent it, and that it’s a bug if it’s happening and perhaps it is elsewhere in the code.