Bye for now.

• Hello wonderful community members.

It seems my services are no longer needed due to being inactive. Working as many hours as I have, it made it hard to be active. After the summer, I will be fully focused on continuing the development of my own game.

So just for now, I’ll say bye to all your wonderful…uhh avatars. I hope the community continues to grow and stay as awesome as it is. :)

Ta Ta for now.

• Keith

• Well I think you were a decent chap tbh. If you go the kickstarter way let me know as I have an account in the background.

• be sure to post here if you kickstart

• Spoiler: the game is called Keithvalry: Keitheval Keithfare.

• Keith you banned me once. FUCKING SCUMBAG.

I jest, I love you. Remember when Nohbdy was raging at you in PM after you banned him? Good times.

• Later brah. These forums are no place for a level headed chap like yourself anyway.

Fly free my friend, fly free.

• Avatar? I prefer the term Anthropomorphic Personification of the Eternal Truth.
    Hope the game works out. You can tell me about it when I see you again.

• As long as your game has capes and pump-action shotguns I’ll gladly playtest it and leave behind this steaming shitpile of a game. There aren’t even bears despite my polls and off-topic ramblings.

• I’m actually sorry to see you go as I honestly think you’re one of the old mods that cared about the game/community.

Adminning on the servers can be a time consuming thankless task though and combined with work can often be unmanageable (I tend to manage because I can admin while in work :P) however am sure many people will be sad to see you go.

Anyhoo, keep us posted with this game you’re developing :D

Monkey

• Farewell and GL.

• Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words.

Monkey, it makes me happy knowing that you’ll be ushering in the new mods and showing them the ropes. I still care about the community and the game but unfortunately for the last while, I haven’t been able to be as active as I’d like.

My weekdays normally consist of:

5:30 AM - Wake up
    5:35 AM - 6:30 - Wash up, shower, eat, get ready for work.
    6:35 AM - leave for work
    7:30 AM - arrive at work
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - work, sometimes work past 5.
    6:00 PM - 7:00 PM arrive home, sometimes later if I work past 5.
    6 or 7 PM - 8 or 9 PM - do anything that needs to be done
    8 or 9 PM - 10:00 PM - relax
    10:00 PM - 10:30 PM - fall asleep

So as much as I’d like to, if I’m lucky, I could get roughly 10-20 minutes on the site every now and then. Some days I just come home, eat, sleep and repeat.

On weekends, I’m mostly doing things I can’t get done during the week, or out with family, or out with the girlfriend and sometimes her family. There has been very little alone time and I’m used to it from doing this for quite a few years before I decided to go back to school, however it has affected how much I can be active here.

I have faith that the team have selected new mods that will continue to do their best to make sure this place is an enjoyable place to be.

If there is any advice I would offer to the new mods, it’s just to be fair. Always look at both sides of the coin and its always best to not let personal feelings get in the way. There are a bunch of times I wanted to ban someone because they have rubbed me the wrong way but I can’t. I’d have to look at the situation and see what I can do to make sure both sides are equal and have resolve. Unless one side is breaking the rules.

Use common sense too. If you’re not sure about something, don’t be afraid to ask someone on the team, but generally, 99% of the time, you’ll know what to do. These forums can be rowdy sometimes and people can get out of hand, but it’s just part of it. Also, expect to get an absurd amount of messages both on here and Steam. I can’t even begin to count how many times people have added me or messaged me with help so if you don’t have patience or don’t like helping people, then you better start now.

It’s always best to see yourself as the middle man. You interact with both the team and the community, so do what you can to help out both.

As for the team, it’s been awesome to watch the game and community grow due to the continuous effort that you have put in. I can’t wait till I’m able to sit down again for a few hours and really enjoy everything that has been added to the game in the last little while. As always, I wish you all success and I can’t wait to see what you do from here.

With all that said, whether we got along or not, whether you agreed with my actions or not, I wish each and one of you the best. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here and enjoy the game as much as you can. Be the passionate community you always have been and help Torn Banner shape the game into something that everyone wants to see.

It’s been a pleasure and a honor being here and doing all I can for the community. I look forward to the day that I can continue to be active again and maybe if all works well, I’ll be able to continue to assist people with their problems and anything else, whether I’m a moderator or not. Because at the end of the day, being moderator is really just a title, but anyone can still do their best to make sure the community is a good one and anyone can still lend out a helping hand.

May I see you all on the battlefield someday.

• Keith