LAN event possibilities

• http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/293xsy/lan_event_possibilities_la_area/

Read the link because I don’t feel like typing something again.

Feel free to discuss here as well. What would people think of events like this?

• eh games not competitive and popular enough to warrant its own LAN event

ive seen mini duel tournaments do well at bigger LAN events for multiple games b4

• @zombojoe:

eh games not competitive and popular enough to warrant its own LAN event

ive seen mini duel tournaments do well at bigger LAN events for multiple games b4

You are clearly the type of person who doesn’t want to put an ounce of effort in, i understand.

If you were into smash, you probably don’t remember how ‘unpopular’ that was as well.

You are also probably thinking “LAN event” as a minimum “medium-sized” event. Small fests were, and still are a thing. Obviously it would start from there. If anything, a game like this has a bigger chance to become more popular with small events such as these, as long as they are consistent as a way to bring a community of gamers together.

And it’s probably not even about getting it more popular. LAN environments are a great gaming and social experience. But it might become more popular, however slightly, just by doing it for fun.

• I think this has potential risks.

…archers getting beat up IRL.

• @dudeface:

I think this has potential risks.

…archers getting beat up IRL.

LOL, i thought you might be mentioning about people trying to steal rigs… until I read the second line.

• I would be 100% behind a LAN event once the game is in a better state. Archer nerf, .8 flinch fix, FiR fix and some weapon balance.

If all of those were met, I’d throw in a lot of money into the pot.

• Hum but i thought the majority of comp NA player was like 15/16 yo so it’s hard to go in a lan at this age with money problem etc lol, though i did one when i was 17 or something maybe, but france is not that big so it was not to hard to find a player that could take me there lol.

Anyway competitive chiv would be cool but i don’t see TO as potential thing for esport lan etc, first it takes to much times to play a fuking TO, second it’s super boring to watch cause respawn, no real strategie like cs and only third person spec mode lol, a mode like duels, in the format of like first to 7/10 CHIV+ old duel mode could work though.

• A Toronto area LAN would be awesome. TBS office anyone?

• Anyway competitive chiv would be cool but i don’t see TO as potential thing for esport lan etc, first it takes to much times to play a fuking TO, second is super boring to watch cause respawn, no real strategie like cs and only third person spec mode lol, a mode like duels, in the format of like first to 7/10 CHIV+ old duel mode could work though.

It doesn’t have to be super competitive with livestreams and stuff. It could just be for fun and to finally settle NA vs EU.

• It’s about having fun. Get together, play some chiv. Games are always more fun in a crowd.

• @dudeface:

It’s about having fun. Get together, play some chiv. Games are always more fun in a crowd.

Dudeface you could get an Asian team together and wreck everyone :]

I wonder what the Asian meta would be.

• @Flippy:

I would be 100% behind a LAN event once the game is in a better state. Archer nerf, .8 flinch fix, FiR fix and some weapon balance.

If all of those were met, I’d throw in a lot of money into the pot.

The format for these types of events would most likely be 1v1 and 2v2s like the fighting games, so no projectiles (maybe javs?). In smash’s case there were usually both singles and doubles. It most likely wouldn’t be big enough for anything more, unless you luck out.

Just out of curiosity, how many people that play Chiv that we all know of are in SoCal besides half of faucheur?

• @Flippy:

Dudeface you could get an Asian team together and wreck everyone :]

It would be disingenuous. I am a whitey 'murrcan.

• A LAN would be sweet, but what we should really focus on is getting a legitimate Tournament community in action. Without people who infect it with negativity griping about every aspect. This would represent to ourselves and the more generalized public that the game is on a stable enough platform with a wide enough base to further increase the likelihood of an LAN even such as this. At the time, it may be too small for a community wide post. I would recommend trying to get together some of the established members, if you can tolerate enough to want to get together.

The young-lings could be a potential area of “lack” when it comes to getting people together. This game model is young, this specific game is still a bit unbalanced. That’s just my opinion tho…

• @NoVaLombardia:

The format for these types of events would most likely be 1v1 and 2v2s like the fighting games, so no projectiles (maybe javs?). In smash’s case there were usually both singles and doubles. It most likely wouldn’t be big enough for anything more, unless you luck out.

Just out of curiosity, how many people that play Chiv that we all know of are in SoCal besides half of faucheur?

i think height does, just dont ask him to run ur tourny lawlz

• @Killendel:

A LAN would be sweet, but what we should really focus on is getting a legitimate Tournament community in action. Without people who infect it with negativity griping about every aspect. This would represent to ourselves and the more generalized public that the game is on a stable enough platform with a wide enough base to further increase the likelihood of an LAN even such as this. At the time, it may be too small for a community wide post. I would recommend trying to get together some of the established members, if you can tolerate enough to want to get together.

The young-lings could be a potential area of “lack” when it comes to getting people together. This game model is young, this specific game is still a bit unbalanced. That’s just my opinion tho…

Yep. If i can find more chiv fans in the LA area. Universities tend to be the best places to find gamers, and I’ll take a gander or two to find some students who have played or like playing chivalry. It may even re-kindle their love for it. I’m sure you can bet me, Root, Dolo, and Stan to be there; so that’d be minimum 4 people. If I can find someone at UCLA that loves chivalry, that would be great too, cuz I know theres a lot of people there.

Every game is unbalanced in one way or another, especially fighting games. You always had a tier list, and most people would use whatever was in the higher tier list. The basic concepts still apply. The only issues are inconsistencies and bugs, which may not be as prevalent in a 0 ping environment, or perhaps not at all.

As far as Height, his requirement would be to bring Kitty. Depending on how big the event is, its always good at have as much help as possible, especially people that would need to keep an eye on the equipment.

• I live in orange county and would be down as fuck for this.

• @swagfox:

I live in orange county and would be down as fuck for this.

There you go!

Do you go to school? If so, do you know of others at your uni that like to play chiv?

• @NoVaLombardia:

There you go!

Do you go to school? If so, do you know of others at your uni that like to play chiv?

Nah, no one : |

• I live in Butte County, it’s a few hours away from San Lorenzo Valley if you’ve ever been there.