AMD CPU's and Last Gen Games

• I’m well aware of this, but I’d like to open it up for discussion. Apparently when playing “last gen” games, CPU’s with more than 4 logical cores aren’t utilized nearly as well as they could be. I have an AMD FX-8350 (4 cores, 8 logical), and I would like to compare the performance of two very different games in the respect of utilization:Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Watch_Dogs. When running chivalry, for example, 4 out of the 8 cores don’t get above 20% load, while 2 don’t get above 10%! The remaining two cores get about 60% and 40% respectively. Therefore, the CPU is the limiting factor for my system when running Chivalry. It’s a whole other story when playing Watch Dogs. Almost all 8 cores get a relatively even load, thus, Watch Dogs runs perfectly on my system on High settings, and the GPU becomes the limiting factor(HD 7870). I could actually play Watch Dogs on highest settings, but like I said, I would need a better GPU (one with 3GB VRAM).

• I have a bad feeling the old lead programmer molested the optimization code or whatever the technical term for it is. Because he molested it, the code is now traumatized and performs at sub-optimal levels. The new programmers have tried to reach it, but it has rejected the therapy.

I’ve watched way too much Criminal Minds recently.