Flinch in release hotfix

• Do you think TBS should hotfix flinch in release, or should they wait until the next full patch?

It’s a big issue that many people have complained about for over a year now and we now know exactly what causes it (a whopping one line of code). A community member already removed flinch in release and made a mod (which works perfectly by the way), so it shouldn’t take much manpower to fix.

Personally I think it’s worthy of a hotfix as it makes gameplay inconsistent and kinda frustrating (especially as a maul user). Thoughts?

Also pro typo in the poll.

• Where’s the option “I’m so sick of those useless polls, TB ain’t gonna fix it anyway.”?

• @elwebbaro:

Where’s the option “I’m so sick of those useless polls, TB ain’t gonna fix it anyway.”?

I want to believe.

• I guess it’s a big issue if your playstyle consists on trying to hitrade a lot lol “omagad i started attack at the same time i should have hitrade, my play was amazing fuck this game hue” hotfix it i guess, /care.

• @Edmund:

I guess it’s a big issue if your playstyle consists on trying to hitrade a lot lol “omagad i started attack at the same time i should have hitrade, my play was amazing fuck this game hue” hotfix it i guess, /care.

It’s a big issue if your playstyle consists of sprinting.

• lol i don’t give a fuck about getting flinched in release, if this happen it’s just that i made a mistake of either position, type of attack slow or fast or timing, but you should never hitrade lol

• @Edmund:

lol i don’t give a fuck about getting flinched in release, if this happen it’s just that i made a mistake of either position, type of attack slow or fast or timing, but you should never hitrade lol

thissssssssss

• @Edmund:

I guess it’s a big issue if your playstyle consists on trying to hitrade a lot lol “omagad i started attack at the same time i should have hitrade, my play was amazing fuck this game hue” hotfix it i guess, /care.

If you started attack at the same time, you just ftp. If you are already in release and they decide to attack you can get flinched when they hit you, and there is nothing you can do except stand still to hope you at least get a hit trade.

It’s annoying for people that don’t hit trade as a playstyle also.

Personally I’d rather they addressed 0.8 flinch as hotfix rather than flinch in release, although both would take 2 minutes to fix anyways.

• It should be fixed, but it’s not something you can hotfix instantly even though it’s just one line of code. It has to go through everyone on the team and then through Steam and all these other things that wouldn’t make it worth putting in without a bunch of other stuff like the UI patch.

As a gamer, I want it hot fixed immediately right now just like you. As a game designer, I understand it probably has to wait for the next patch.

• I think it should be fixed immediately, it allows players with faster weapons just to cancel the hit trade with slower weapons quite often. Which makes it quite easy to win since you can’t even hit trade normally with them, since your swing will be nullified by their hit. No matter how far into release, I’ve seen my weapon just go through em a lot when I get. Not even flinched sometimes, just makes me swing through em.

• I think it should really be fixed immediately, players with faster weapons have a huge advantage over players with a slower one. They can swing as you swing and nullify your hit, allowing them to hit trade with you quite often but they don’t get hit. Only you do. I’ve see my sword swing just be nullified by being hit a lot, I’ll swing then they do and when I get hit my sword will usually just go straight through them, if not canceled. This is well into release. It’s very annoying and is a pretty major problem IMO.

• We’ve lived with the bug long enough, I don’t see a problem with it being included in the upcoming UI Update.

If the solution has been found, surely the next patch is the most realistic time to expect it to be fixed?

• @Pbnjay:

I think it should really be fixed immediately, players with faster weapons have a huge advantage over players with a slower one. They can swing as you swing and nullify your hit, allowing them to hit trade with you quite often but they don’t get hit. Only you do. I’ve see my sword swing just be nullified by being hit a lot, I’ll swing then they do and when I get hit my sword will usually just go straight through them, if not canceled. This is well into release. It’s very annoying and is a pretty major problem IMO.

In this situation, stop sprinting when swinging, all you can do for now. Also try ftp if you have enough time.

• @Edmund:

lol i don’t give a fuck about getting flinched in release, if this happen it’s just that i made a mistake of either position, type of attack slow or fast or timing, but you should never hitrade lol

if i have a messer vs. man at arms, or if you were a zwei against an archer, i don’t think it would be a bad idea to go for a hit regardless if they are swinging at you. Better option sure would be to feint to parry or somethnig, but that’ just gives say someone with a daggar or short weapon initiative. instead, you could just trade and kill them. I wouldn’t say there is NO situation in where a hit trade makes sense. Especially if it involves you killing someone, and them maybe doing hardly any damage to you and you have time to heal afterward.

plus, you have to sprint a lot forward, especially as a knight since you are the slowest class. I can see people playing all the kiter classes, dodge class, or long weapon+speed class, or range class not giving a fuck because why would you? Class being affected the most are knight class. Slow speed means you need to sprint or you wont hit anything.

and what if you combo… since the .8 flinch doesn’t allow many weapons to combo normally, a fast weapon class can flinch you out of your combo in release when you would have already had 1 hit on them, then your second one is cancelled out and you take damage even though it could be the killing blow on them and a shit trade for you, but you live.

Many scenarios out there which this fucks up now guys… lets be real. Shit needs to be fixed or implemented EVERY time with every attack. If this was fair… then the charge attacks could be flinched in release, but since they don’t … my attacks should not either.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, whatever way the community wants it implemented, it needs to have some sort of consistent rule it follows.

Even this “learn to play” mentality shit is bullshit. If it’s not consistent, how do you learn to play random shit? I would liek to learn to play a game that follows rules… and not rules that are the result of bad coding. Seems to me it would be pretty easy to fix quickly.

• if your ping isnt good and you are using a slow weapon you’ll get hit traded a lot

• @SOC:

It should be fixed, but it’s not something you can hotfix instantly even though it’s just one line of code. It has to go through everyone on the team and then through Steam and all these other things that wouldn’t make it worth putting in without a bunch of other stuff like the UI patch.

As a gamer, I want it hot fixed immediately right now just like you. As a game designer, I understand it probably has to wait for the next patch.

A hotfix is a hotfix. Its hot and should fix things that are horribly broken. From a game designer’s perspective you should have your game and its content in a respectable state at all times as you’ve marketed it.

As for the feauture itself I would like to see only the flinch in release while sprinting gone. Slow hard hitting weapons would be realy gimped against faster weapons.

• yus hotfix please, we need hotfixes. Very nice post Clay, I feel bad for the knights out there :(

Poor fatasses get flich everytime

• if i have a messer vs. man at arms, or if you were a zwei against an archer, i don’t think it would be a bad idea to go for a hit regardless if they are swinging at you.

Yeah you’re pretty right in your post this time my bald friend, those situation are of course a bit extreme, very fast weapon vs slow weapon, i was thinking about the playing style in general tbh, the only reason i would go for a hitrade is if i have more life and i can kill my opponent in one blow, the problem with a lot of people complaining about flinch in release is that they try to hitrade a lot, most of the people i know who main knight, really don’t give a fuck about this flinch, only the playstyle can make it a real issue lol but anyway as i said i don’t care, fix it yeah.

Even this “learn to play” mentality shit is bullshit. If it’s not consistent, how do you learn to play random shit?

Huh this almost never happen so thats a bad example.

• Who says hit trades are not a valid strategy when facing stronger opponents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLVeVl5Eyw
    2:00

all dem misses tho