What would you choose?

• I don’t get the reference for Linux. Is it trying to show that Linux uses multi-user shells vs. Window’s single user system?

I’m suprised someone like you who seems to be a PC enthusiast based off your build has no interest in Linux systems.

• Its just a bit of fun. I was going to make one the other way around also but to tired atm.
    you sneaky bugger you :) , hey but you do get exceedingly nice cakes with Mr windows =p

• I do like your picture so just made a lighter one.
    http://i.imgur.com/sUyfect.jpg

• linux is great for doing business related stuff like running servers and shite

for the average user its pure shit

• I agree but after actually setting up a few rigs last year the gaming side was lacking tbh. All that fuss with drivers, wine,
    scripts in some bin. Must gamers just want to install effortlessly and click play with nps. They don’t need to spend
    hours at forums looking for the way to actually run a game that works in windows the first time you click play.

• Global Moderator

@loin:

I agree but after actually setting up a few rigs last year the gaming side was lacking tbh. All that fuss with drivers, wine,
    scripts in some bin. Must gamers just want to install effortlessly and click play with nps. They don’t need to spend
    hours at forums looking for the way to actually run a game that works in windows the first time you click play.

Mac.

Mac has far less problems. Even with games. The mac games you can find anyway.

• @lemonater47:

Mac.

• @Kreittis:

doesn’t use wireless mice, keyboards, webcams, monitors and computers

• Man I don’t trust wireless. How do I know no ones intercepting my mouse signals?

• @lemonater47:

Mac.

If you’re having issues running anything on a Windows computer then you’re doing something wrong. Almost every single program/application is designed for Windows or has a Windows counterpart.

I agree Loin. All Linux system’s in their current state are not good for tasks such as gaming. I don’t blame them though, the problem is game makers aren’t making Linux versions (TB where are the chiv Linux servers). I’ve been hoping that with SteamOS and Steamboxes that more games will be ported over, but steambox has been now delayed to 2015 due to Steam redesigning their controllers, putting steambox designers in a bind. Hopefully they’ll all hit the market soon and game makers make the port to pander to a new audience; the rather sit on a couch and game community.

• Obviously windows is the best for games, but for everything else Mac is so much better in every way, other than the price!

I’ve recently started using a mac for my development machine, and I’m SO much more productive it’s insane. Linux is fun to fiddle with if you’re an enthusiast, but I’d never go back to a Linux box for work or leisure, although to be fair I’d never go back to windows for anything other than games either.

• @Harry:

Obviously windows is the best for games, but for everything else Mac is so much better in every way, other than the price!

I’ve recently started using a mac for my development machine, and I’m SO much more productive it’s insane. Linux is fun to fiddle with if you’re an enthusiast, but I’d never go back to a Linux box for work or leisure, although to be fair I’d never go back to windows for anything other than games either.

Could you explain why you feel Mac’s are superior to Linux when it comes to your personal dev work? Genuinely curious.

• Just to make if fair how about the other around.
    http://imgur.com/CwLriWF

On the first picture the Linux crowd knocked it down to -12 on imgur hehe.
    Lets see the result now picture is the other way round.

• Amazing scores at -15 already. You would think it would be +15 as it puts Linux first.

• Crass turds tbh

And where is the Earl Grey tea hehe

• Earl Grey is only for the sophisticated tbh =p. I was toying with purchasing a Dual processor setup for a server
    Super Micro X7DVL-E 2 x Xeon X5420 2.50ghz. All it needs is an os, ram, and hard drive the rest is in case.
    I have 16gb of FB server ram here doing nothing and a spare drive. Does one of you experts know the best os?
    for a dual processor board.

• Personally for a server I only use Debian unless It’ll be game hosting. Overall I don’t think the OS matters as long as it can make use of that power, so I wouldn’t use Windows 95 =P Are those parts actually in the case this time or ontop of it?

• @AmishInsurgent:

Could you explain why you feel Mac’s are superior to Linux when it comes to your personal dev work? Genuinely curious.

I just find it allows me to get on with my work instead of having to fix/configure/grok the dev environment all the time. I’ll admit I’m not a linux guru so I have no doubt someone with serious nix skills could get the same levels of productivity as I do with a mac, but to be honest those people aren’t that common, and they usually end up as operation engineers or sys admins anyway! Mac + homebrew and I can spend all my time coding and not having to google for why package X isn’t working how it should etc.