My opinion on a suggestion

• Hello im Electro.

im a fan of your work and played chivalry for about 1-2 years it was very amazing and i wish you best luck with this and im going to buy this as soon as its released.

anyway down to buisness

i was hopeing that you could possibly implament a 3d person view as this would ‘attract’ more people to the game because people dont want to just see there sword, they also want to see the character/skin that they are using aswell.

another thing do you reackon you could impliment a larger server slot for like a weekly Event. aka linebattle that would be realy cool and in my opinion bring the community closer together.

well i hope you will impliment something along the lines of this and i wish you good luck and please please please bring back helms deep as a map i loved it so much !

Best regards
    Electro
    former chivalrey player
    Agatha Knights

• Bringing back a helms deep map for a commercial game like this wouldn’t go down well as it’s part of lord of the rings, so that’s impossible. Of course it’s not stopping a custom helms deep map being made sooner or later after this is released :)

• You won’t really see specifically line battles in this game, since it’s a medieval game. If you want organized events though you can always join a clan when the game comes out and scrim, loads of fun, i still do it in AoC. The third person is an alright idea, although it would make the combat system rather hard to use, since it’s not being designed for third person, neither are any of the animations.

• Not sure the combat system will work well with third person view when you gotta react fast aka parry and blocking. Feels like it would be too much like M&B warbands if they have this option.

• I think you would lose too much of what Chivalry is if you gave players the option to go third person. Third person also allows you to view much more of the battlefield around you than first person, an annoying advantage that would force everyone to use it or die.

• @Biteme:

I think you would lose too much of what Chivalry is if you gave players the option to go third person. Third person also allows you to view much more of the battlefield around you than first person, an annoying advantage that would force everyone to use it or die.

This is pretty much my thought on it. Locations of archers would be revealed, flank attacks would be less effective, and the way combat works, it is too precise for 3rd person. Parrying would become much harder, as would landing your blows.

• Developer

3rd person sword games are great, the problem is, there are already hundreds of them. Our game is focused around the 1st person element to be more immersive and also to be unique. So the third person camera option will remain cheat-protected as it was in source.

• Yeah 3rd person is a bad idea, there was a way of being able to go 3rd person in AoC if you were on a cheat enabled server I believe.

When in 3rd person the game was just ruined, attacking became very hard, defending became possible, you could see just that little bit extra on the battlefield which was just a bit too much for me and the intensity of the game was utterly lost. I hate that this game keeps getting compared to M & B, but if you were going to go for 3rd person, the melee would have to be as simple as that of M & B’s and the whole point of this game surely is implementing, diverse, skillful and intense fights.

• I personally wouldnt do anything that breaks immersion. It affects gameplay, game balance, even the sounds would have to be different in 1p and 3p. Its a matter of personal taste.

Also, here´s something I repeated quite a few times in the old forums: M&B already exists, there is no point in making chivalry be more like M&B when you can just play that damn game already.

• @Tibberius:

3rd person sword games are great, the problem is, there are already hundreds of them. Our game is focused around the 1st person element to be more immersive and also to be unique. So the third person camera option will remain cheat-protected as it was in source.

Win.

• This talk about the advantages of having a 3rd person perspective of the game, as in advantages in battle, not towards gameplay, made me think of something. What’s the field of view going to be like? I personally would like to see a game like this have a higher FOV than the typical FPS which has a fairly low FOV which I never liked, it made things fairly unrealistic. With that in mind, I think a variable FOV could possibly work given the different types of helmets the characters wear which would definitely affect it. Just something I thought of to be considered.

• This could be interesting.

• You want to kill Chivalry ? Put a 3rd person view in the game !

What are we talking about ?!
    AoC (and Chivarly: mw) are based on 1 thing : a realistic battlefield !

That means : no 3rd person view !

Chivalry = FPS

i subscribed this forum to give my opinion about this horrible suggestion ;)

• Thank you for all your constructive critisisem :)

i still hope that you implament something like it

and i will most likely start up a clan for this game :D