Official servers need more admins/Admins need an easier way to be contacted

• I personally think this is becoming an issue. Every FFA server I’ve been on lately has had people teaming up for multiple rounds and just flat out being toxic in the chat. Among other things like TKing.

Plus with the summer sale, we have a lot more new players. Well maintained servers are vital to the health of a game.

• I just posted this in the other thread too:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

• I think the servers are pretty steady the way they are. There is certainly no way that their can be an admin in every single server, too many servers and not enough admins. Honestly though, you’re always going to have people teaming in ffa, happens very often. It is natural too, think of the hunger games, how people formed alliances to take down other people. It is always going to happen. If someone is being rude in the chat, or flat out being ‘toxic’, then you can disable the chat box in the settings.

• @DDR:

Every FFA server I’ve been on lately has had people teaming up for multiple rounds

I am 110% sure that this isn’t bannable offense.

• @Kreittis:

I am 110% sure that this isn’t bannable offense.

But don’t dare to feint

• How do they TK in an ffa server? Teaming up isn’t against the rules either. Would depend what you mean by being toxic, but feel free to contact any admin in the group that Dudeface posted.

• Teaming would count as having fun at the expense of others. No one likes it.

• @lemonater47:

Teaming would count as having fun at the expense of others. No one likes it.

Except the people doing it. They like it.

• While this is an issue, there’s not really been any actual suggestions for improvements. At the moment there is the server admins steam group; often people don’t join the group chat by default, however you can contact the mods directly through steam this process does work - I tend to get contacted most days when I’m online however also have messages waiting for me overnight etc.,

it does work, but it’s certainly not perfect.

id be happy to hear better suggestions though. As I mentioned in the other thread referenced above, my clan has a contact and admin link on our home page; very basic form that sends an email to a couple of our admins. Not sure if something similar could work here

• @MonkeyFiend:

While this is an issue, there’s not really been any actual suggestions for improvements. At the moment there is the server admins steam group; often people don’t join the group chat by default, however you can contact the mods directly through steam this process does work - I tend to get contacted most days when I’m online however also have messages waiting for me overnight etc.,

it does work, but it’s certainly not perfect.

id be happy to hear better suggestions though. As I mentioned in the other thread referenced above, my clan has a contact and admin link on our home page; very basic form that sends an email to a couple of our admins. Not sure if something similar could work here

Getplayerinfo command. Get that enabled on your servers again. If you want people to report others that command means that the report won’t be faked. It gets the steam ID of the person in game and there’s the rest of the console which contains the chatlog.

• While I agree getplayerinfo would be useful, it’s still not sufficient as proof in all cases. Although would certainly be useful for people recording videos as proof, but not so much for screenshots.

I could join a server with you on and getplayerinfo on you, then create an alt and set it to your name and get up to shenanigans. I would then submit screenshot evidence of said shenanigans and the former getplayerinfo. getplayer screenshot info only works alongside info from the console e.g. showing a record of dodgy chat + playerinfo. Although thanks to the black console screen this too can be photoshopped in a matter of seconds.

With that caveat, I do still think getplayerinfo should be re-enabled, providing it discloses only steam guid and not IP info (and by default I think we get steam sockets anyway).

However still leaves the original issue of contacting mods

• Well there’s no reason for it to be disabled. And its a hell of a lot better than shift tab player list the only other way of getting the players ID. It only does the steam ID. The IP address part of it is bugged and shows everyone’s IP address as 127.0.0.0.

• @lemonater47:

Teaming would count as having fun at the expense of others. No one likes it.

Don’t tell me you kick people for that on your servers.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Don’t tell me you kick people for that on your servers.

Haven’t needed to. Yet. Simply logging is as admin and explaining the errors of their ways solves the problem.

But there are many kinds of teaming most of which are fine. Aggressive teaming is the only bad one. Where you get in a group and murder everyone going around the map.

Passively teaming is fine.
    Refusing to attack someone is fine.
    Holding one spot is fine.
    Teaming going fists or slings only is fine.

• I have not been contacted once for server moderation. Though I’m usually available, and I have shadowplay running in the background so I can video capture whatever incident for evidence. So please, feel free to contact me.

• @Gauntlet:

I have not been contacted once for server moderation. Though I’m usually available, and I have shadowplay running in the background so I can video capture whatever incident for evidence. So please, feel free to contact me.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin
    Well on your lovely little steam group there’s a big blue button called enter chat room. Put that button and people will contact you. There are currently 6 mods online out of 8 1 in game which is you and no one in that chat room.

Forever alone.

• I was in there for hours today!

• @dudeface:

I was in there for hours today!

Goddamn Singapore timezone.

• Yeah it’s pretty convenient. :D

• There is a certain someone on our servers who TKs people for “getting in his way”, tries to votekick people for beating him, kicks teammates off bridges and ledges and then rages about there never being any admins around!