Pole axe needs a buff

• recovery time is too long on it, miss a swing either lose all your stamina with CFTP or get a free hit on you

/discuss

• Its better than the double axe and does blunt damage on the overhead. Its the best axe of the 3.

• Pole axe is actually a perfectly balanced weapon since its nerfs, but the class changes made it fundamentally weaker. It’s only weak against vanguards now because of their stupid knockback that needs to be reduced. It’s only weak against MaAs now because of their overbuffed footspeed. It’s still decent against archers because of its fantastic stab. Still a solid weapon against knights.

I think I made a thread awhile ago about what was the most perfectly balanced weapon in the game that needed no changes and most people said the pole axe, myself included.

• Poleaxe is fine, that stab is brutal. I like the long recovery because it encourages good footwork.

• Stab can be hard to aim, but overall that’s a good counter. I think it’s as balanced a weapon as it can get in Chivalry.

• Its lookdowns are bad now since it can’t handle hit. It’s stabs and stab feints can be good but you need to be very accurate. The overhead is so bad you can stab feint into overhead only for the opponent to parry the oh even if he fell for the feint. So you have to stab feint stab.Maybe it is balanced, but balanced weapons look a bit shitty when other weapons aren’t as balanced. Either way, the bastard swords are the best knight primaries, especially SoW and Messer.

• Garbage weapon since handle hit fix probably the worse axe to (and yes bearded sucks to lol).

• Double Axe > all knight weapons

No but really, people would probably use Poleaxe and other knight weapons more if it wasn’t for Messer being so strong right now.

• Bearded axe is actually pretty decent with its speed and damage. It even has a little dragginess to it. Dub axe needs a teeny weeny beeny bit more range. Poleaxe feels fine.

• All pole-weapons got a sizeable nerf since the handle hit nerf.

• The stab animations are almost non-existent. Looks 90% idle.
    Especially when comboing into a stab.

Thats a pretty big perk.

• A handlehit fix is a fix not a nerf. If a weapon crutches on tracers behaving like they shouldn’t behave then you fix the tracers and IF necessary you buff the weapon in other aspects.

The handle hit fix is good because it makes feint reading viable and promotes skill instead of guessing. You can justfiy a handlehit because a weapon crutches on it. You buff the weapon, not use broken game mechanics to make a weapon viable.

In my opinion, double axe, poleaxe and bearded axe have horrible animations compared to the swords. The arcs are just too small to have the same control and range as you do with the swords.

So swords are more versatile than the axes, so naturally the axes should be more powerfull than the swords and perhaps faster in some areas to make up for the versatility but I do think poleaxe is pretty balanced as it is, double axe might need buff and bearded axe is semi fine.

• bearded axe is garbage

it was garbage even before the combo-feint changes.

• @NoVaLombardia:

bearded axe is garbage

it was garbage even before the combo-feint changes.

Meh it’s not great but it has its perks. It’s good for combo feinting and quick interrupts. Not so great against knights but viable against the other classes.

• poleaxe stabs 4 days. it’s actually good weapon, just seems unbalanced seeing the alternatives. too many unbalanced weapons make a good but not OP weapon seem like crud.

• i just hate how fighting vans means that if i parry and riposte ill be hitting the air because of how far ive been knocked back

• @zombojoe:

i just hate how fighting vans means that if i parry and riposte ill be hitting the air because of how far ive been knocked back

not to mention that knockback is inconsistent

• @rumpelstiltskin:

not to mention that knockback is inconsistent

sometimes im 2 poleaxe lengths away sometimes im still right in their face

• Poleaxe is fine, Vg knockback is not. Simple as that. :P

• ROFL pole axe needs a buff. April fools day was almost 3 months ago.