Parry Into Parry

• I like parry into parry, i think its a great addition to create more skillful moves and trickery, but i MISS that you used to be able to parry 2 or more incoming strikes landing at the same spot and being able to parry both. Now… with PIP, you have to double click or more for any incoming strikes at the same point hitting the same parry box.

I think PiP is fine, i just think that if the 2 strikes are hitting the same spot, you should be able to parry both with one parry as it used to be, and not double or triple click to parry the same area.

• You can still do that.

• yeah you can still do that

i just dont like how if you parry into parry you are just going to run out of stamina and die anyway most of the time

needs a buff

• @lemonater47:

You can still do that.

idk man, its like the parry stays up for a split second… and in that timeframe you could parry two strikes even if they were a little apart and drag your parry basically. And now, the majority of the time the 2nd strike will hit even though it’s in the smae parry box. However, if the same thing happened and you double click, you’ll parry both. The PiP makes it now so that you have to double click same area parries.

• @zombojoe:

yeah you can still do that

i just dont like how if you parry into parry you are just going to run out of stamina and die anyway most of the time

needs a buff

Consecutive parries use less stamina maybe?

• parries in general need a buff lol. stamina wise, yes.

and as far as what i’m saying, not sure if it’s just me but say like 2 vanguards are comin at ya, and thy both have greatsword, one pokes, one overheads but they are both going to hit the same spot of your parry… i swear that one of those attacks is goingto hit you unless you double click.

i can do the dub parry sometimes, way less consistent. But I guess with all the butt parrys and nonsense it’s probably good that if 2 ppl are attacking it takes some skill to parry both :/

• i can still double parry fine

• I can’t. If I parry 2 GS lookdowns at the same time, one of them still just goes through 50% of the time.

Edit: Not another anti-GS post, I have the same problem versus daggers, for example.

• Actually it’s way too easy currently to parry multiple hits with one parry ATM. I see it happening all the time: you and a team mate go to hit an enemy and swing at the same time and he parries both of you with one parry.

• I think if you parry 2 attacks at once, your riposte should be unblockable and cause f10 effect on people.

• Yeah I remember after the PiP patch some rank zero got 4 parries in one parry. He immediate got the double decapitaion achievement straight afterwards as the 4 of is just stood there while he swung.

• Mod

I double parry all the time. Works good.

• I’m pretty sure parrying several strikes with the same parry was always the result of latency. Not a feature of the older parry staying up longer.

• I’d personally like to see parry in to parry use a little less stamina too :)

• @MonkeyFiend:

I’d personally like to see parry in to parry use a little less stamina too :)

I’d like to see the same for the Parry after a Combo Feint.

But that is a bit less likely to happen.

• I love Parry into parry, but it makes me sad when the 1st numpty misses his attack and you expect to parry off it into parry for the other bloke and it all just falls into a pile monkey shit.

• I find it pretty inconsistent. A lot of the time I see two strikes coming at me from slightly different angles, so I quickly block the first and turn to block the second just to realize I somehow blocked both and then I am stuck parrying nothing. I proceed to get owned.

Other times I parry the first attack and press parry to parry the other guys attack, but somehow he has already hit me (maybe bad timing on my part, maybe just stupid latency) so I am just stuck parrying while I get hit. Then the guy I parried has time to hit me and I proceed to get fucked up.

Other times I press parry but for some reason it does not come up right away (Assumedly recovery times from a missed swing or some other stun) so I press parry a second time or a third time as I panic and try to get my parry up. Somehow the first parry comes up and blocks instantly (with no animation) and then my PiP comes up and I am stuck blocking. I then get fucked up.

So yeah, PiP is really odd and more times than not it gets me locked into a block I don’t want to be doing. But when it does work I feel like a chivalry god, pull out a lightning fast riposte, and make the two bastards that attacked me shit themselves.

• @Toll:

I love Parry into parry, but it makes me sad when the 1st numpty misses his attack and you expect to parry off it into parry for the other bloke and it all just falls into a pile monkey shit.

haha i’d say about 20% of my deaths is because of this.

• yeah im also all too common with those scenarios