Several questions. Need help from experienced UDK/SDK users.

• EDIT: Original problems are resolved! thank everyone!

Also, one more question. In my map I use the Hud extension (the same one for ammo boxes) on some destroyables. After they are destroyed I turn them off in kismet but the HUD marker stays. I have tried the “toggle HUD” kismet action but it did not work. I tried the “hide” action and the “turn off” action as well. I wish I could get rid of the annoying markers after its destroyed. Minor nuisance but a nuisance none the less.

First:
    I want people to be able to get drunk in my map, like in the Tavern map. I have tried copying the kismet from Tavern but it did not work. DuelYard also allows you to get drunk. I copied the kismet from Duelyard and it did not work as well. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Seeing as my map is named DrunkenBazaar I really wanted people to be able to get drunk during it :( The only thing I can think of that may be causing the issue is that my map is Team Objective, whereas Tavern and DuelYard are both FFA. But I don’t see how that can be an issue?

Second:
    I have a cart in my map, and I followed the SDK tutorial for how to make the wheels spin but no matter what I do they do not seem to work at all. The SDK is very brief and really does not tell you what to do other than “click (broad term), use this animation package”. I have added the animation track and the proper animation in to the track, but it is a very short ‘clip’ in the overall matinee (about 8 seconds out of 100 seconds) and it does nothing even during that short ‘clip’.

Third:
    Another cart problem. I want to make my cart play a sound when it is moving, the same sound as the one in DarkForest. I have made a new sound track in the matinee and added the sound file. What happens now is that when I push the cart for the first time the sound starts playing, but it will not stop after I step away from the cart. As far as I can tell the sound should stop playing when the matinee stops playing, otherwise what is the point of having a sound track for it? The only problem I can think of is that the sound file is an infinite loop and maybe it is somehow overriding the matinee telling it to stop.

Fourth:
    I have a destroyable objective in my map (several actually), but I can not figure out how to award people objective points for destroying things. I have used a AOCpointvolume for the pushable and the capture objectives, but the destroyable objectives need something else to give points. In kismet there is something like “award objective points” action, but no matter how I use it I can not get it to give people points.

Any insight on these problems would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

• 1. idk
    2. Matinee: Add your cart anim set to “Group Anim sets” in the Properties
    add anim track
    add move animation
    set looping (right click the small triangle)
    3. use a “play sound” outside of the matinee
    4. should look like this:
    “destroyed/take damage event”: instigator to ???, out to “award points”
    “award points”: to ???

good luck :)

• Hey thank you for your quick reply joff!

for 2 is it necessary to add the animation track before the move track? Because I already have the cart path made and I really do not want to redo the whole thing. It would take a lot of time. But other than that I did it the same way you explained to no avail.

for 3 I can’t seem to find a way to turn on/off sounds through kismet. perhaps there is a way though.

4 I actually figured out last night, I tried using every category of points at the same time (by using like 8 different nodes) and when I tried it it worked. So I know it does work I just have to figure out what category is the working one.

• @FartTender:

Hey thank you for your quick reply joff!for 2 is it necessary to add the animation track before the move track? Because I already have the cart path made and I really do not want to redo the whole thing. It would take a lot of time. But other than that I did it the same way you explained to no avail.for 3 I can’t seem to find a way to turn on/off sounds through kismet. perhaps there is a way though.4 I actually figured out last night, I tried using every category of points at the same time (by using like 8 different nodes) and when I tried it it worked. So I know it does work I just have to figure out what category is the working one.

2. no it is not necessary. 3. u can start and stop music^^. open the map coldfront: look for the carts with ballistas.

• yeah that is weird for #2 because I am pretty sure I did it exactly as you explained, except for the looping part. I guess I will try to make it looping and see if it fixes

• @FartTender:

yeah that is weird for #2 because I am pretty sure I did it exactly as you explained, except for the looping part. I guess I will try to make it looping and see if it fixes

Without looping it should spin at least for some seconds.

Have you set up your Mesh Actor Properties?
    Skeletal Mesh Component > Anim Sets [0] = AnimSet….
    and maybe
    Skeletal Mesh Component > Animations > Anim Node Sequence > Anim Seq Name = Move + Looping true

• You are a brilliant man Joff. That turned out to be the issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

I can not believe I missed something so simple. I put the cart in very early in development and I guess I just overlooked it.

Thanks again.

• Also Joff, if you have any knowledge of the TB HUD extension that comes with every mesh I would love some insight.

In my map I use the Hud extension (the same one for ammo boxes) on some destroyables. After they are destroyed I turn them off in kismet but the HUD marker stays. I have tried the “toggle HUD” kismet action but it did not work. I tried the “hide” action and the “turn off” action as well. I wish I could get rid of the annoying markers after its destroyed. Minor nuisance but a nuisance none the less.

• For the drunkenness I’m not 100% sure but you’ll need to set up the trigger actor to activate said drunken effect in kismet. Don’t know what the other levels have set up for it but you’ll typically want to have the trigger setup with a dynamic trigger volume to display activation text and “display hud message”. And use a empty Object variable for the instigator (player who uses it). Same goes for actually applying the drunk effect, just hook the target actor to the same empty Object variable. (should have “???”) in the middle of it.

• You could use AOCHUDMarkers + (in kismet Atach to Actor if needed) instead of HUD extensions. They are “toggleable”.

Your welcome
    Believe me i had the same questions a while ago. :)

• Joff:
    But I do not want to use the HUDmarkers because I only want the HUD to be seen from a certain close distance.
    The normal HUDmarkers are seen across the entire map.

Nexus:
    That is precisely what I have done, and every aspect works except for the actual drunkenness. The text shows up properly, the sound plays, but there is no drunken effect.

• 1. You have to ensure that your post process chain has the right settings in because they are used by the drunk effect. Also I guess that you wont see it if you have post process effects turned off (not tested that though)

If you want another example of getting drunk there is a wine cellar in Grail you can look at the kismet - I think its pretty much the same as TBs though. Miine didn’t work till I noticed that post process thing.

• ok
    you could toggle them off and if the player enters a triggervolume (distance) toggle them on :)

• Massive! Thank you so much for your expertise.

You are a brilliant man.

Thank you again.

It worked perfectly.