Fix your broken flinch system

• -Flinch in release
    -No flinch during kick recovery
    -No flinch during weapon switch
    -.8 Flinch

At this point, I’d say remove the fucking mechanic if you can’t implement it properly. It has been dicked around with since day 1 and it’s still not right. Just give everyone 200 health to offset flinch meta and remove it.

• just make everything flinch in release

• “Features”

HEXEN and Zombo confirmed for being elitists who want to be competitive in this fun and casual game. Its like a card game realy.

• @Mr.Lion:

“Features”

HEXEN and Zombo confirmed for being elitists who want to be competitive in this fun and casual game. Its like a card game realy.

eww this is nothing like hearthstone

• I kinda like flinch in release… idk

• cuz u rely on it as a maa

• @zombojoe:

just make everything flinch in release

thissssssssssss

• Flinch in Release is cool for 80+ damage

No flinch during kick is hilarious. I vote we keep it.

I thought they made is so the flinch happens AFTER you switched weapons…
    (But what do I know? I’m just a scatterbrained stoner.)

.8 flinch definitely does not help tone down the spam meta.

• @randomlvl40+:

.8 flinch definitely does not help tone down the spam meta.

The more and more I think about it and use it in practice, the more I actually like 0.8 flinch.

Reason is because it gives an alternate risk to instant hits. Since this is not deadliest warrior, where insta-hits don’t do much damage at all, the 0.8 flinch gives more risk to being interrupted on your next combo swing against most weapons when performing an insta-hit attack.

I like to use the 0.8 flinch as is, because many people who think they understand it, actually don’t. They assume because they get hit by a 2h that they can just simply interrupt the next combo attack, especially if they have a fast 1-hander, regardless of what point in the release they were hit by. Or if I do an insta-hit, I’m prepared for a possible yolo attack in between the combo and CFTP-riposte for usually a free hit (at least until more people start learning this shit).

Will 0.9 flinch be better? Hard to say. It might still make 2handers overpowered still as they once were with 1.0 flinch.

• I have to agree with Nova about the flinch time. I think short flinch times is a great system where the later you land a strike, the more initiative you have for consequent comboing. I don’t like the concept of forcing your opponents to go all defensive until you feel like you’re finished attacking, no matter how you do it. As long as you understand the timings, you’re seldom at risk while comboing with most weapons, imo.

I just have a few problems with the flinch:
    -You can’t go into recovery with some slow weapons after a successful hit without leaving yourself open to guaranteed hits against some weapons. Very annoying that you have to combo with some weapons all the time even in duels, and waste that extra chunk of stamina to stay safe, especially with the short flinch time. A solution that would benefit everyone in other situations as well would be to allow panic parry after a successful ht, or have reduced recovery times after a successful hit.
    -Could be a tad longer. Currently a little bit too easy for some weapons to hit trade or even interrupt combos that are good. I’m all for trying out 0.9s.

• @B4RK:

A solution that would benefit everyone in other situations as well would be to allow recovery parry after a successful ht, or have reduced recovery times after a successful hit.

This is the best idea I’ve heard all month.

Somebody needs to fund this!

They should probably allow for repostes for these recovery parries, too.

Imagine that…

A buff for 1vXers…

• I don’t understand why some people want flinch in release suddenly. Unless they main HWS or something.

• @dudeface:

I don’t understand why some people want flinch in release suddenly. Unless they main HWS or something.

They main MAA.

Also, I can’t believe people are now defending 0.8 flinch and flinch in release. Disgusting.

• Do you two even read posts?

The only flinch in release that has support is 80+ damage.

No one wants sprint flinch.

And B4RK makes an excellent point about .8 flinch.

If they added recovery parry after a successful hit, then you would have absolutely no reason to whine about .8 flinch, unless of course you are already shit at timing your parries.

• against hit traders I CFTP after every hit I get on them if they have fast weapons.

Its a bad a habit but sometimes its the only way to parry their attacks

• The only aspect of the flinch system that’s “broken” is the flinch in release. Anything else is preference. Whether it’s .8 or .9 I couldn’t care less.

• The problem I have with 0.8 flinch is it just seems to encourage the many hit trade gamblers we have these days. Not really sure why we need to be restricted to comboing a certain way (or cftp every time) to be safe from these guys. IMO if you get hit you shouldn’t automatically think to hit back for a free hit, why should they regain the initiative in such a way?

• @Mr.Lion:

“Features”

excuse me sir, I’m trying to bring casual fun to millions by removing flinch.

all you did was your little “quotation” thing

@parkrangerstan:

The only aspect of the flinch system that’s “broken” is the flinch in release.

And no flinch during weapon switch and no flinch during kick recovery, just fyi tbh

• @randomlvl40+:

Do you two even read posts?

Only you were saying that.

Perhaps it is you who should be reading those posts?

• @randomlvl40+:

Do you two even read posts?

And B4RK makes an excellent point about .8 flinch.

If they added recovery parry after a successful hit, then you would have absolutely no reason to whine about .8 flinch, unless of course you are already shit at timing your parries.

I thought you wanted to nerf archers?