Bad tutorial/training level

• Bug report:
    The part where you need to hit the guy around his shield (no kick allowed) is near impossible. I’m a veteran and I was only able to do it after a few dozen tries, it was not easy. I don’t think ANY new player can do that part. So basically the rest of the tutorial is inaccessible for them.

When are you going to update the tutorial? I feel it is so important for growing the community.

• well that is strange as I managed that on day of release. Although my fail was not being able to do a vanguard charge
    in tutorial so after a while that was given up on. Hence I never tried to play vanguard in servers to this day.
    Out of interest did you manage that vanguard charge ok ?

• It can be quite hard to get around the shield sometimes, but I still think it’s an important skill to teach. It’s surprising the amount of times I’ve hit people to have them complain about going through their shield when in fact I’ve come close and alt attacked around the side of them.

Maybe an option to skip it after a number of failed attempts would be good though

• @Loin, same, I did that ages ago but then I tried again today after watching a new player struggled with in on twitch.tv stream, she eventually gave up. I had no problem with the vanguard charge thing.
    @MonkeyFiend yes that’s probably good idea.

• @MonkeyFiend:

It can be quite hard to get around the shield sometimes, but I still think it’s an important skill to teach. It’s surprising the amount of times I’ve hit people to have them complain about going through their shield when in fact I’ve come close and alt attacked around the side of them.

Maybe an option to skip it after a number of failed attempts would be good though

The problem here though is (at least when you are playing above 120 fov) ATTACKS LITERALLY GO THROUGH THE SHIELD MODEL on your screen. I have also had stabs go straight through the middle of the shield after it has been held up completely already. Its quite ridiculous.

• But why would someone (especially someone doing the tutorial, implying they are new to the game) have a FOV >120? (especially since that requires ini edits). While super high FOV’s haven’t been totally locked down, I argue that you use them at your own risk.

To my knowledge only FOVs up to 120 are supported.

It’s like asking a dev to fix the character models at fov 150 because you can see gaps between the rerebrace and pauldrons :P

• @MonkeyFiend:

To my knowledge only FOVs up to 120 are supported.

One of the devs said they wont be removing the option to play above 120fov so id say its legit. Cant find that exact post doe.
    @MonkeyFiend:

(especially since that requires ini edits).

you can just type fov x like fov 150 and switch your weapons, no need for ini edits