Getting hit during release…

• …leaves you unable to combo and consequently unable to defend yourself until the recovery phase is over.
    Sort of a major annoyance, especially considering you can’t prevent all of these situations. (for example, some fast weapons can easily force a trade during your attack after you’re able to ftp, you can get shot by an arrow, etc) Very frustrating not being able to block incoming attacks from other players, or in some cases the same player in situations like these.

The suggestion to considerably lower the recovery times after landing a successful hit, or to just allow panic parry after doing so has been made a number of times on this forum, and it would certainly diminish what I presented as a problem.

• I think this suggestion was already made.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20440-Heads-up-TB

• Intentional, was added long ago to alleviate some hit trading. I’m in support of lower recovery time after a successful hit but a lot of people aren’t.

• how about increasing flinch times so you have to parry the next attack after getting hit?

that worked for most of the game’s lifespan, once things got changed things went awry

• A simple recovery parry with no reposte after a successful hit would perfectly would perfectly fit into the current balance.

• @randomlvl40+:

A simple recovery parry with no reposte after a successful hit would perfectly would perfectly fit into the current balance.

That sounds awfully familiar.

Oh wait, wasn’t that just called “Panic Parry” which most people came to hate?

• Mod

@DokB:

That sounds awfully familiar.

Oh wait, wasn’t that just called “Panic Parry” which most people came to hate?

Bloody archers and their bloody panic parry…

• panic parry with shortsword was OP

• Recovery Parry (or panic parry w/e recovery makes more sense) is just an EZ mode CFtP.

People hated it cause any noob could miss and the just parry cause he had Combo Parry AND Recovery parry. Takes no skill whatsoever.

But what I’m talking about is a Recovery Parry after a successful hit.

This idea came from our OP, B4RK, in another thread.

• @randomlvl40+:

Recovery Parry (or panic parry w/e recovery makes more sense) is just an EZ mode CFtP.

People hated it cause any noob could miss and the just parry cause he had Combo Parry AND Recovery parry. Takes no skill whatsoever.

But what I’m talking about is a Recovery Parry after a successful hit.

This idea came from our OP, B4RK, in another thread.

Why should you be rewarded for hitting someone? If you’ve hit them, that’s reward enough. If you want to quickly parry afterwards to either parry another persons attack in a 2v1 situation, or if you want to parry before their hit trade hits you (only 1h could pull this off I believe, 2h would be too slow to enter their recovery phrase) then you should still be utilizing CFtP.

CFtP is good because the skill level to do it is still high. I don’t see any reason to make it any easier.

• Tbh, this thread wasn’t really about panic parry/shorter recovery after successful hit, (nor is it about flinch times) but about the inability to defend yourself in some infuriating situations due to being unable to keep comboing after getting hit in release.
    Having shorter recovery times or allowing panic parry after a successful hit is an idea that I think would make the game more fluent in many situations, the topic of this thread being one of them. Also, I take no credit for the idea; I read it on the forums months ago.

• This post is deleted!