Good knight weapons

• I have recently started playing chivalry and i like playing knight. I average about 5-7 kills per game. If I have a good game I get like 12, if I have a bad game I get like 2. I’m wondering what would be a suitable weapon. I like speed because I’m accustomed to playing Man at arms and besides the sword of war what would be a good option. I would also like a little bit of reach but I’m fine with damage. Also I’m wondering I’ve seen the stats for the knight mace and falchion and the falchion has better or equal stats all around. I’m also sure that both deal blunt damage. Is there any downside in wielding a falchion instead of a mace?

Oh yeah, this is an edit, can I have the good reach/damage weapons for vanguard.

• Most knight weapons are viable, so I’ll just list the crap ones.

• Bearded Axe
    • Warhammer
    • Falchion
    • Flails
      Arguably Longsword too.

PS: The ingame stats aren’t accurate, use this spreadsheet to find all the values for damage, timings, range, damage type, etc.

• I like speed because I’m accustomed to playing Man at arms and besides the sword of war what would be a good option. I would also like a little bit of reach but I’m fine with damage.

Sounds like you’d want the Longsword. Messer is also a good alternative, its lookdowns are supremely quick and do a lot of damage. It’s the most popular Knight weapon in competitive meta right now.

• I doubt the messer because how are you supposed to get close enough with it to vanguards. Also the spreadsheet is really helpful, thx.

• I doubt the messer because how are you supposed to get close enough with it to vanguards.

You sprint into their facehole. Then you make a bigger hole where their facehole used to be.

• @Chivalier:

I doubt the messer because how are you supposed to get close enough with it to vanguards. Also the spreadsheet is really helpful, thx.

Vanguards have an increased knockback on most of their weapons so it will be especially hard for a Knight, the slowest of classes, to get up close to them if you are constantly getting knocked back. To make knock back not so punishing, make sure when you parry that you are holding forward (sprinting also helps) so that your momentum stops a tiny bit of the knock back effect.

If you prefer to avoid up close and personal range fighting (we call it face hugging) then I would still recommend the Messer/Sword of War. They can deal with people who like to face hug easy enough, have decent damage and are relatively quick.

Messer can one shot MaA with headshot slash.
    Sword of War has a great stab.

• I like to take messer or SoW, with the morning star as my secondary. It’s quite a handy little tool. You might like it.

• And what do you guys use as your 3rd item.mi usually take tower shield cause you need it in some situations. I may also take showing axes if needed.

• Take a tower shield if there are a lot of archers.

You can always sling it on your back and your back will be protected from projectiles from archers. The one handed bastard swords aren’t too crash hot to be honest, you’re better to two hand your swords. Throwing axes are fun, but not too reliable. Having more protection versus archers is better than having two situational throwing weapons. More survivability = more time to kill people.

• I’m just wondering I saw a guy beasting with the second axe in the knight weapons. I decided I would give it a try but I needed to unlock it so I started fighting with the first axe. I went on a 6 man kill streak as soon as I got it and I did well with the the whole game. Is this just luck or are the axes good.

• @Chivalier:

I’m just wondering I saw a guy beasting with the second axe in the knight weapons. I decided I would give it a try but I needed to unlock it so I started fighting with the first axe. I went on a 6 man kill streak as soon as I got it and I did well with the the whole game. Is this just luck or are the axes good.

Probably just luck to be honest, the Double Axe is only good if you can manage to hit people with it. Therein lies the challenge.

• People hate on the longsword too much. It’s pretty solid. The sword animations alone make it solid. It’s not the op monster that messer is, and if you want a bastard sword, thats the one to play with, but the longsword becomes very viable if you can get headshots consistently, the stab feint is also pretty tough to call, relative to most knight weapons at least. the overhead drags nicely, combo times are good. All around solid imo, and its enjoyable to play with on top of that.

• I love the double axe. It’s hard to land hits on skilled players who are aware of you but if you do it, they are going to feel it.

Lot of people think that the stab is terrible but I find it very useful because nobody expects it. Overhead + stab can kill a knight if you land that stab on head.

It also has that sexy one hit kill on archers if you land overhead on torso.

Dubaxe is also decent against waves of steam sale squires because of 2htk everything.

@OP, don’t be fooled by someone doing great with poleaxe. That weapon is an precision tool, it has one of the worst drag speeds and somewhat long recovery time. It’s not an easy weapon for squires but once you learn it, it’s pretty darn deadly. Especially that stab.

• @Chivalier:

And what do you guys use as your 3rd item.mi usually take tower shield cause you need it in some situations. I may also take showing axes if needed.

Kite shield all day err’day.

• Messer, SoW, Broadsword and HWS are the best knight weapons

Dubaxe is great for pubstomps

• Mod

Poleaxe is awesome. Highly underrated. Stab, stab, stab. Of the three swords, I normally score best with the sword of war, then the messer, then the longsword. Longsword is better one handed with a kite shield imo.

• Actually I’m really good at stabs, one of the few things I’m good at, partially because of the other games I’ve played and because I’ve used the broadsword, sword of war and bill hook extensively in stabbing for a beginner(300 kills all together) and I’m really good at aiming stabs (I’ve only missed like 30 hits with stabs ever. And I’m so used to stabs when I should be doing other things i still stab, that sometimes makes me fail with the messer.

• Ok I’ve learned the lesson with the pole axe, I wont touch it, it’s super hard. what’s preferred: SOW or messer

• If you like stabs, then go for SoW.

• Or, stab-wise, I second the poleaxe (second knight axe). It has a really nasty deceptive stab and can 2 shot any class with well placed stab to overhead combo.

Right now the overhead is seeing some issues, though- be warned. I think it has something to do with the handle hit “fix”- you will occasionally see an overhead pass through an opponent when attacking very close.