Post your experiences with the noob wave

• I came into a server earlier and pretty much annihilated them whilst spamming obnoxious voice commands and someone who for some reason had learned to votekick, kicked me when my score was 15-0 and the vote ended with 100% yes

It was pretty funny.

• I get almost insta votekicked outta servers for rank, or for k/d ratio cause obvious hax. Then when I find a server I can stay in, my friendly vanguards seem to enjoy jumping into me while the knights finish me off! Then if I am lucky enough to survive that the new friendly archers are sure to practice their bow skills on my head. That is all well and good… but then the server gets bombarded with rank 0’s with ping ranging from 150-900 who teleport behind you and finish you off. I did manage to entertain them with a shiny spectral echo for a while. That kept them busy and let me take a breather.

• I got called an MLG walmart employee basement dweller.

• Well the first few servers, didnt take long to get hated on being a level 54 and was soon kicked. But found a noob with a new server and after I was stomping them, I started to teach them some tricks. Then with the admin on I taught them how to play |Kila| Smear the Queer. This is where everyone plays Maul except 1 pebble archer. If you kill the pebble archer you become the pebble archer. The trick is that the game speed is turned up to 200%. So a good archer basically runs and ducks around while the mauls TK each other. It is one hell of a good time. We played for about 2 hours and all the noobs feel in line and had a blast.

• Mod

I’ve just been stuffing around. Every new map I press random class and random weapons and play the game using those. I got brandistock once, and swapped to my secondary after getting 4 easy kills. I was put up for a votekick once but the vote only gave me about 12% or something small. Seen a lot of high ranks running around with greatswords, messers and brandis still haha.

• @danezcou3:

I came into a server earlier and pretty much annihilated them whilst spamming obnoxious voice commands and someone who for some reason had learned to votekick, kicked me when my score was 15-0 and the vote ended with 100% yes

It was pretty funny.

I don’t think its funny at all. You were trolling and got kicked, on other servers even with highly skilled players I have
    witnessed players starting to kick the voice trolls faster, it must be a sign that many grow tired of that kind of stuff.
    The worst kind you know are groups of 3 players usually man at arms or archers simply running around voice spamming
    with fists in groups and teaming. You are spoiling other players right to have a normal game and fun on servers tbh op.

• @loin:

I don’t think its funny at all. You were trolling and got kicked, on other servers even with highly skilled players I have
    witnessed players starting to kick the voice trolls faster, it must be a sign that many grow tired of that kind of stuff.
    The worst kind you know are groups of 3 players usually man at arms or archers simply running around voice spamming
    with fists in groups and teaming. You are spoiling other players right to have a normal game and fun on servers tbh op.

No, he’s playing the game the way he wants to play the game.
    Only the typical “butthurts” will votekick you for that.

I’m using this topic for another excuse to post about the implementation of votekick immunity because it really needs to be added.
    IMO you shouldn’t be able to get votekicked(on official servers at least) if:
    *No profanity is used in the chat
    *Ping <80
    *Teamdamage <5%
    *Idle time <40 seconds

• i’ve seen rumpel getting kicked for playing like a “jew”. i was explained that playing like a jew means grabbing broadsword, norse, hws or hatchet and facehugging until someone panics.

• I’ve been struggling to find a server that I didn’t immediately leave because playing with low rank isn’t fun at all.

• Mod

• I ran around with mostly a Zwei today. phwhahahahaha. There were some epic games with InTim and friends going Sword and Board Knights. The noobs to good players ratio was roughly equal most maps, the occasional Agatha stack, but you know, agatha.

• Mod

@Toll:

I ran around with mostly a Zwei today. phwhahahahaha. There were some epic games with InTim and friends going Sword and Board Knights. The noobs to good players ratio was roughly equal most maps, the occasional Agatha stack, but you know, agatha.

I saw a claymore for a couple of maps as well. That spartacus dude got votekicked for speed hacking by the way Toll. It wasn’t just me seeing it.

• I’ve been trying to help some of the new players by giving them tips/pointers and playing with a few. I don’t want people to miss out on this game just because it’s frustrating to learn. It’s interesting hearing what new players think. Reminds me of when I first got the game, I would just run into the enemies swinging trying to deal as much damage as possible. Also, LMB was THE only button I used xD. Feint LMB, feint LMB, feint LMB.

• ive been referring new players to moepork’s channel

• I’ve been referring new players to F10 to drink a health potion mid-battle.

You’d be surprised to see how many people still buy that after reading the keyboard layout loading screen.

• My experience was (as always) half a million players who can’t read DUEL ONLY (yes it is in caps) on the name of my server. Being an admin on sale weekends makes me cry.

• @gndo:

My experience was (as always) half a million players who can’t read DUEL ONLY (yes it is in caps) on the name of my server. Being an admin on sale weekends makes me cry.

What, your server is duel only?
    Wtf that weird spine twitching while saying “yes” wasn’t a combat mechanic, then?

• This seems like a good crop of noobs, for a change. Been getting cricket scores in TO, but not vote kicked once. A bunch of them (virtually the whole team) playing Agatha on Battlegrounds yesterday, all took broad and tower and advanced in formation!. It was refreshing to see, and at least they were all communicating and having fun; they even did quite well with it.

Classic duel servers are like the wild west as usual during sale time though, the whole time is spent policing them and hunting down the transgressors (which is also fun).

• @Harry:

This seems like a good crop of noobs, for a change. Been getting cricket scores in TO, but not vote kicked once. A bunch of them (virtually the whole team) playing Agatha on Battlegrounds yesterday, all took broad and tower and advanced in formation!. It was refreshing to see, and at least they were all communicating and having fun; they even did quite well with it.

I joined the lowrank servers under a new Steam acount(which is, sadly, quite easy to do) and I’ve got to say I’m surprised.
    The players say “gl hf” at the start of every single pub match and apologize for almost every single teamkill.

Of course, there’s the usual idiot who starts attacking his own team genuinely thinking they are the enemies. (mostly happens on Argon’s Wall, where the same team spawns at 2 different houses facing each other) and they didn’t know how to votekick him.

When I stopped spectating and played a match throwing in as many cftp’s, reverse overheads, ripostes and voice commands as much as I could just to test, I still received little hate.

Confused me greatly, because if I pubstomp to a much lower degree in normal servers I receive all kinds of profanity.
    So I gotta admit that the current batch of new players isn’t all that bad.