Hit trading is great

• I don’t see why so many of you don’t like hit trading after all its what attracts many players.
    The word is f u n. In my many pub games draws don’t happen in combat simply because Two
    players trade hits. This is not a first person shooter so hit trading was/is/mean’t to be a nice
    part of the game and enjoyed.

• This post is deleted!

• Loin deserves a spot in the new, new balance council.

No but seriously, hit trading is great? Wot?

Hit trading is when don’t hit your opponent in time to flinch his attack, so you’ll end up hitting each other. Or when your combo casually takes it’s time only to be interrupted/hittraded by something like a Messer or Greatsword.
    I don’t know about you Loin, but I’d prefer a skill-based game where you can do very well if you’re experienced instead of a game where you take guaranteed damage for each opponent making it nearly impossible to do well in one run.

• You can’t even comprehend the level of play that Loin is @ right now.

#stepoffh8ers

• Loin confirmed as maul user.

• Excuse me? I have never used a maul as imo they are just op animated toys for the plebs.

• @loin:

Excuse me? I have never used a maul as imo they are just op animated toys for the plebs.

Maybe you shouldn’t get involved in balance topics if you think maul is OP and hit-trading is fun.

• I don’t hang around in balance topics tbh, you will find me on the battlefield hit trading with other knights and
    taking cool screenshots of each others armours and saluting each other. Having fun in Chivalry, that thing most
    of you forgot how to do long ago.

• @loin:

I don’t hand around in balance topics tbh, you will find me on the battlefield hit trading with other knights and
    taking cool screenshots of each others armours and saluting each other. Having fun in Chivalry, that thing most
    of you forgot how to do long ago.

Sadly there are many hit trade gamblers around these days. Even ones that don’t even attempt to read feints and just gamble every hit instead. Whatever happened to attacking in turn when you have the initiative?

• yeah but caveman strats are fun

• I consider myself lucky to get a hit trade if I go for the second hit of a combo.

Most people (pros, noobs, amateurs alike) just go straight to the spam and I get flinched.

I wish I could hit trade better.

• GS lookdowning every time someone tries to hit you requires great tactic, guys! Come on!

• I’m sorry to say but if you’re playing defensive MaA and I’m playing knight I’m going to try and attack when you’re attacking. This ensures that you’re in range and won’t dodge away.

I think hit trading is a fine portion of the game, especially so now that CFTP is back to stay.

That said I think Gmace needs more windup or something, but that’s just a personal opinion.

Also with Rick here- that GS lookdown needs to go. But I think the GS needs balancing altogether, and I also think that’s agreed upon by a majority of us.

• People want to play without getting hit. Hittrading is the same as mudslinging dragging each other down. Hittrading also decreases your survival rate. If every opponent hittrades you barely kill more than 1 opponent in 1 life. Unless you don’t play this competitively and you consider this to be another Super Mario 64 then extensive hittrading is playstyle that dumbs down the game.

• Not all the high ranked pub players want to be top banana tbh. Bring me a donut.

• i think steam has chivalry under “competitive” games during the community choice

• @loin:

Not all the high ranked pub players want to be top banana tbh. Bring me a donut.

The game, by very definition, is intended to be played competitive. Playing competitive just means that you try to win efficiently using the game mechanics. Hittrading isn’t realy competitive or fun and just drags both players down.

Not trying to be competitive and try to roleplay in this game and forcing it on other people is not the right way to play this game.

• We can agree to disagree amicably. My Chivalry biscuit is different to yours. Its rather like finding your self in a
    large group of people. People tend to look for like minded types and such is Chivalry. No body is forced to do
    anything if players/people find the are infact not alike then they usually just part and find somebody who is.

• I disagree with you Loin, I get mad when I get hittraded by a messer knight :(

• @loin:

We can agree to disagree amicably. My Chivalry biscuit is different to yours. Its rather like finding your self in a
    large group of people. People tend to look for like minded types and such is Chivalry. No body is forced to do
    anything if players/people find the are infact not alike then they usually just part and find somebody who is.

The thing is that Chivalry is one biscuit of which we all take a bit from once in a while. The ingredients and texture of the biscuit always remain the same so its difficult trying to enjoy a biscuit as it were a pink waffer.