New players

• So since the steam summer sale, there is a great number of new players. And the thing I see the most is old vets just completely alienating new players and demolishing them at all times. I mean I’m rank 46 and I have my moments of being pretty unfair. but I try to spend most of my time in matches just hanging back, protecting archers or something, just observing the new guys. These people are our new players guys, they’re the new generation and all the old guys around level 50 or 40 who just demolish the new guys mercilessly are not helping. We’re just gonna scare away the new players and kill this game faster.

I really believe that this post is not gonna change a thing but I just thought I would vent, I mean really the worst thing about this game is it’s community. Everything else is great, I just wish we could have people who we’re more constructive than destructive to the whole.

• you’re doing this wrong…

• Well, I see a fair amount of posts from new players who think the game is basic and easy, yet their experience is mostly based on the low rank servers. I guess it’s not a bad thing for them to get smashed from some high ranks just to give them some perspective.

• Did you wait 19 months to post this?

• You’re not helping someone by going easy on him.

• You’re not helping by protecting noob archers. They need to lern2melee, otherwise they will always be terrible.

• @Rickvs:

Did you wait 19 months to post this?

lol

Perhaps I’ve been lucky but most of the servers I joined had few high levels, and those that were would switch classes and weapons and have some fun with the noobs.

• What Rumpel said. It sounds like you really want to help new players, that’s great. What I’ve been doing is just pointing things out to them after I kill them. Simple stuff like “you need to turn more when parrying/blocking”.

• The op has some valid points though. I usually let the new players kill me a few times and have never been kicked off
    a server with new players because of my rank yet. Let them have a few kills, take some knight armour snapshots, they
    even pose for them if you ask in chat tbh. Then you can kill one here and there in jest and they don’t mind. If you go
    in as a high rank trying to be thor or odin and slaughtering them then expect a boot by kick vote tbh.

• @loin:

If you goin as a high rank trying to be thor or odin and slaughtering them then expect a boot by kick vote tbh.

How is that justifyable?

• @Rickvs:

How is that justifyable?

Yeah, sorry loin, gotta disagree with you on that one. I don’t think people should be forced to adjust their play-style to accommodate new players. That’s what low rank servers are for. Given the influx of new players due to the sale, hopefully TB had the foresight to add a few more of them.

• Its okay guys, Loin is just trying to hide that fact that he is a terrible player. Let him have this pink wafer tbh hehe.

• it’s lke they just throw themselves on to your messer, or run under your maul, they’re so silly.

• @Kreittis:

Its okay guys, Loin is just trying to hide that fact that he is a terrible player. Let him have this pink wafer tbh hehe.

He knows me well hehe. Its not justifiable being kicked off servers by new players
    I just have more fun then you other high ranks and don’t get kicked. If they are coming
    of the rank 15 servers after a nice few months they are not equipped to deal with
    rank 30 plus players and its you who needs to adjust to stay in the server with
    them or go else square or find a high rank server. I would suggest TB raises the
    rank to 30 limit on new servers. After all I just saw steam said near 9000 in game.
    It makes sense to increase official servers to rank 30 which should contain the situation
    keeping the new and old players happy atm.

• @loin:

It makes sense to increase official servers to rank 30 which should contain the situation

In two weeks that would mean you would never find a game.

• @loin:

He knows me well hehe. Its not justifiable being kicked off servers by new players
    I just have more fun then you other high ranks and don’t get kicked. If they are coming
    of the rank 15 servers after a nice few months they are not equipped to deal with
    rank 30 plus players and its you who needs to adjust to stay in the server with
    them or go else square or find a high rank server. I would suggest TB raises the
    rank to 30 limit on new servers. After all I just saw steam said near 9000 in game.

1. How do you know who has most fun?
    2. A few months to get rank 15? That’s around 10 kills a day. It doesn’t take that long.
    3. If they are not equipped to deal with more skilled players, raising the low rank servers to 30 will just mean they are even less capable.
    4. Best way to learn is against the best players you can find, adjusting playstyles and going easy isn’t really going to help them in the long run.
    5. As Gregcau said, it would make it harder to find a server if you are rank 30+.

• There’s no point in complaining about good players rekking noobs. Rank means nothing in terms of skill since it’s just a kill-tracker. There aren’t any ladders, matchmaking or anything of the sorts so there’s no fair competition and there’s no reason for skill brackets like low rank servers.

The more noobs get destroyed by good players perhaps they’ll see there’s more to the game than LMB. If there aren’t any good players to rek them, they’ll assume LMB spam is the best thing to do, get bored and quit.

Anyway I’ve never heard of someone quitting the game just because they got stomped in a pub. People will rage quit the server maybe. The main reason the playerbase is so small is because TB let the rank and weapon unlock bugs stay in the game for over a year.

• What I mean’t by increasing the Rank to level 30 one some official servers was to A give the last new intake of players
    who are by now approaching the Rank 15 limit another 15 ranks and also the Recent players can also have a stomping
    ground to play against the prior players ranked 15. So by the time they reach Rank 30 themselves and have to move
    on they won’t be such an easy kill on the no rank limit servers with Rank 35’s upwards. This gives TB the room to
    contain the very recent intake of new players and keeps the last intake at 10 or above contained. This also means
    they won’t have to shuffle servers to make room every time they have sales. All around its quite a good idea imo.

• @loin:

What I mean’t by increasing the Rank to level 30 one some official servers was to A give the last new intake of players
    who are by now approaching the Rank 15 limit another 15 ranks and also the Recent players can also have a stomping
    ground to play against the prior players ranked 15. So by the time they reach Rank 30 themselves and have to move
    on they won’t be such an easy kill on the no rank limit servers with Rank 35’s upwards. This gives TB the room to
    contain the very recent intake of new players and keeps the last intake at 10 or above contained. This also means
    they won’t have to shuffle servers to make room every time they have sales. All around its quite a good idea imo.

This still means the player base will be divided, more so than it is now. Also the new players will learn more slowly if they are fighting against inexperienced players, so will only result in more bad mid-level players than we have already. You can’t keep new players sectioned off indefinitely.

• By the time they reach 30 imo they will be quite good players. They can dip into unranked servers when ever they want
    but retain the safe retreat if needed until Rank 30. Nobody is sectioned off as they have the freedom to jump on any
    server from day of purchase. It is us the older players that are prevented from butchering the new players to into
    a hasty quitting of Chivalry or at worse uninstall and move on.