Submission window for the Fortification Map Contest is now closed!

• Hear ye, hear ye, oh noble Lords and Ladies of the Chivalry Community.

The entry period to the Fortification Team Objective Map Contest has come to a close today. Over 45 maps featuring peasant killing, king slaying, town pillaging, ballista shooting, and all other sorts of medieval mayhem have been submitted for a chance to bring home the grand prize of $10,000 USD.

45 maps. That is crazy! All of us here at Torn Banner are incredibly excited to see such an awesome turnout for the contest, and have really enjoyed seeing the progess that content creators have made in these few short months.

Over the next few weeks, all the contenders will be in rotation on the custom map servers dedicated to the contest. Make sure to join a server in your region. There are specific testing times in which we encourage people to not only play these awesome maps, but to also give feedback to the map creators in their forum thread. We will be awarding the super rare peasant hat model to playtesters who post constructive criticism in the contestants feedback thread.

Official testing times are:
    Wednesday: 3-6 PM EST
    Friday: 3-6 PM EST
    Sunday: 3-6 PM EST

We will be testing and judging in the official custom content servers over the next few weeks anonymously with the community. During this time, you are allowed to make tweaks, adjustments, and updates to your map at your own risk. If the map isn’t functional when play-tested, it will be disqualified from the contest.

Best of luck to the contestants, and we’ll see you on the Fortification Map battlefields!

Full list of entrants:
    https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Fortification+Map+Contest+Entrants

P.S. All the lords and ladies who submitted a map for the contest by the deadline will receive a peasant hat as well (lens flares not included).

• That’s a lot of peasant hats… Won’t be really rare then.

• @AmishInsurgent:

That’s a lot of peasant hats… Won’t be really rare then.

Do you really have that much faith in this community?

Anyway, I’m kinda excited to test these since apparently there are pretty much zero custom map servers in EU.

• Make sure the servers always appear at the top of the serverlist. Otherwise they won’t get that many players.

• Looking forward to testing some of these maps out, good luck to all the contestants.

• @Kreittis:

Do you really have that much faith in this community?

Anyway, I’m kinda excited to test these since apparently there are pretty much zero custom map servers in EU.

To make a comment about a map in order to get an in-game skin? Posted here and the subreddit? Yes, I think a lot of people will try to get them.

Nice to see that map makers who spent many hours building maps but aren’t in the top 5 get the same reward as someone who spends 10 minutes writing a map review.

Want real reviews? Don’t give an incentive.

• @AmishInsurgent:

To make a comment about a map in order to get an in-game skin? Posted here and the subreddit? Yes, I think a lot of people will try to get them.

Nice to see that map makers who spent many hours building maps but aren’t in the top 5 get the same reward as someone who spends 10 minutes writing a map review.

Want real reviews? Don’t give an incentive.

I imagine only best reviews gonna get hats.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I imagine only best reviews gonna get hats.

That’s a guess though; We don’t know. All TB says is posts with “constructive criticism” and can only assume every one that follows that guideline will be rewarded.

• This post is deleted!

• God damn i wanted the skull helmet!

but the peasant hat sounds nice… and that we can still tweak!

• So the maps are still to be worked on before game implementation, these weren’t the final versions submitted?
    Glad to hear, as much as I liked many of the great submissions I played, there’s still room for improvement.

• Mother of god.

That hat

Screw the money, I just want that.

• Hello! When you say “During this time, you are allowed to make tweaks, adjustments, and updates to your map at your own risk. If the map isn’t functional when play-tested, it will be disqualified from the contest.”, I am a little unsure as to what exactly that means. Does that mean if the server does not update correctly, then the map will be disqualified, and that we should avoid updating the map at all? Or that it is recommended we use the next few weeks to bug fix, but that if we somehow break the level (IE gamebreaking bug, such as an objective no longer functioning correctly), then only that will cause us to be disqualified.

I apologise for my lack of understanding, but I hope my confusion might help to illuminate this issue to others if they are also unclear on what exactly they are expected to do over the duration of the testing!

• @CupMcCakers:

Hello! When you say “During this time, you are allowed to make tweaks, adjustments, and updates to your map at your own risk. If the map isn’t functional when play-tested, it will be disqualified from the contest.”, I am a little unsure as to what exactly that means. Does that mean if the server does not update correctly, then the map will be disqualified, and that we should avoid updating the map at all? Or that it is recommended we use the next few weeks to bug fix, but that if we somehow break the level (IE gamebreaking bug, such as an objective no longer functioning correctly), then only that will cause us to be disqualified.

I apologise for my lack of understanding, but I hope my confusion might help to illuminate this issue to others if they are also unclear on what exactly they are expected to do over the duration of the testing!

It means, You’re at the deadline now, but any mishaps from now on due to tweaks is to your own detriment so weigh the risks before considering touching your submitted map.

• Thank you for the swift response.

On a separate note, I think the idea of awarding peasant hats to those that provide feedback on the forums strikes me as an admirable way to encourage community involvement :) And I cannot wait to play everybody’s submissions!

• Yummy! would love to see some of these thrown around to a couple map winners! :) Dont think i’ve ever seen a player with this ever since the beta!

Also, good luck to all Map Contest Entries… I hope TB will be gentle

• Out of the ones I’ve played so far, Belmez is the best.

• But I like being the only one who has a peasant hat.

Since I already have a peasant hat can I get the kickstarter helms? Never seen the Agathian one on a human player in game and I only saw the mason one at the release of the game on a player. Well excluding Malric.

• @lemonater47:

But I like being the only one who has a peasant hat.

Since I already have a peasant hat can I get the kickstarter helms? Never seen the Agathian one on a human player in game and I only saw the mason one at the release of the game on a player. Well excluding Malric.

It makes sense to give a different hat out for different contests. Giving the same hat out to players this time as they did for the contest long ago ruins the perk the players who supported TB in the beginning got. They no longer have something special that showed TB’s appreciation, rather it shows they don’t care about them. It’s like when games are sold cheaper on release (to boost the playerbase) than they were sold during beta.

By the way I don’t have a peasant hat and would love one; but I understand how it would feel if I did have one currently.

• @AmishInsurgent:

It makes sense to give a different hat out for different contests. Giving the same hat out to players this time as they did for the contest long ago ruins the perk the players who supported TB in the beginning got. They no longer have something special that showed TB’s appreciation, rather it shows they don’t care about them. It’s like when games are sold cheaper on release (to boost the playerbase) than they were sold during beta.

By the way I don’t have a peasant hat and would love one; but I understand how it would feel if I did have one currently.

Well only 67 people have the peasant hat minus the devs. Far more have the kickstarter helms but almost none of this people play anymore. So I was thinking the kickstarter helms given out to people who already have peasant hats. And there is one other player down here in my region who still plays with a peasant hat. And there are two peasant hat models also. The agathian one features in that awesome picture with the lens flare and there’s a mason peasant hat which is a bit different.

Peasant hats also allow you to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wonbUDRdXEQ

I also think all map winners from both rounds should also get kickstarter helms.