Idea for community involvement: hat contest

• thats right, following in valves’ footsteps I think the next step is to allow the community to make hats and helmets that could be then sold as DLC

it has been incredibly successful for TF2, Dota 2 and even Planetside 2

why not take it a step further and add it to chivalry medieval warfare?

naked barbarians have ruined the artstyle already so we have nothing to lose

/discuss

• Going down this road only really works in a business model when you’ve got a lot of manpower and efficiency to back it up. Coupled with a less than stellar track record for annoying bugs in relation to the smallest code change however…

I would advise against it. The occasional new hat is fine, but don’t start adding gigantic purple pimp hat for Vanguard (unless it’s a Landsknecht theme then maybe) or Halo’s or other dumb shit like that. I still say Barbarians are at the very edge of the line you do not cross, but I would prefer them to finish this map contest, roll out a big balance patch, maybe an optimization one after that and then see where they stand.

• oh yeah no hurry but it is an idea to consider

hell the game may stay active just for the item trading

• What if Chivalry was…

Free-2-Play

• i think that would be the next step after hats tbh

• Mod

If Chivalry becomes free to play. I want a jesters hat for free. This is all I ask.

• I declare my Silver and gold panama hat in off topic is an my entry if this hat contest starts

• Did this one a while ago, for funsies. For The Order.

• Yes I must chrome that Quigleyer tbh.

• @DokB:

Going down this road only really works in a business model when you’ve got a lot of manpower and efficiency to back it up. Coupled with a less than stellar track record for annoying bugs in relation to the smallest code change however…

I would advise against it. The occasional new hat is fine, but don’t start adding gigantic purple pimp hat for Vanguard (unless it’s a Landsknecht theme then maybe) or Halo’s or other dumb shit like that. I still say Barbarians are at the very edge of the line you do not cross, but I would prefer them to finish this map contest, roll out a big balance patch, maybe an optimization one after that and then see where they stand.

I agree for the most part. Sadly, new appearances can make it difficult to differentiate between enemies and allies; as cool as some custom content might be. Like DokB said, they’re really at the edge of line that shouldn’t be crossed. Perhaps it could be done if modders were required to follow strict guidelines, keep items lore friendly and appropriate colors; I just don’t know if they’re ready to cross that bridge yet.

• @loin:

Yes I must chrome that Quigleyer tbh.

Chrome away.

• That skull hat is not allowed tbh. Art that is to good is out of order imo

• @loin:

That skull hat is not allowed tbh. Art that is to good is out of order imo

Out of order or out of THE Order?

I think a hat contest would be cool, but it seems like a lot of people aren’t happy about the idea.

Probably work best as a “hat concept” contest, obviously.

• Its a cool idea imo, I like it.

After the balance and performance patch, this kind of thing will do good for the game. I was thinking about free customizations too like, when you reach a high lvl like 60 or something, you get access to “elite” classes that would be a reskin of the choosen class. Maybe it would be cool to have more then veteran helmets and add veteran armours!

• I like this idea, come on TBS :)

• @Vanguard:

Its a cool idea imo, I like it.

After the balance and performance patch, this kind of thing will do good for the game. I was thinking about free customizations too like, when you reach a high lvl like 60 or something, you get access to “elite” classes that would be a reskin of the choosen class. Maybe it would be cool to have more then veteran helmets and add veteran armours!

And maybe not even THAT different than the previous skin. Hopefully make it a bit easier on TB and on players identifying enemy/friendly silhouettes. Something kind of like the veterans helmets (not TOO different, but different), but veteran armor.

• @quigleyer:

And maybe not even THAT different than the previous skin. Hopefully make it a bit easier on TB and on players identifying enemy/friendly silhouettes. Something kind of like the veterans helmets (not TOO different, but different), but veteran armor.

Yes, some details that make them diferent but not so much!

I would like to have a vanguard like this:
    http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120109041043/age-of-chivalry/images/3/37/Vanguard-137x300.png

• The barbarians look like drag queens lol. I bought the DLC armor skin for knight when it came out because in Black Knight when someone punches your arms off the model glitches out and it made me laugh so fucking hard.

• @quigleyer:

Out of order or out of THE Order?

I think a hat contest would be cool, but it seems like a lot of people aren’t happy about the idea.

Probably work best as a “hat concept” contest, obviously.

I was being witay your hat is good tbh. Although My panama Silver and Gold hat could have a scrolling player name
    or message in neon lights flashing across the head band, such is a panama Quality indeed.