Weapon based flinch time

• This sounds like a good idea to me.

/discuss

• If TBS can’t balance the current values of weapons, then I don’t think adding in yet another factor would be a good idea.

• Well, I don’t think they can’t balance the game, they just haven’t done it properly yet. I have high hopes for the balance patch and depending on how it goes, this idea could add to the game

• Well, I don’t think they can’t balance the game, they just haven’t done it properly yet. I have high hopes for the balance patch and depending on how it goes, this idea could add to the game

.9 flinch would fix all the .8 flinch problems while still allowing combo feints to be punishable (which is what the purpose of .8 flinch was)

Creating a whole new variable to weapon balance is just not a good idea this late into the game.

• @Flippy:

.9 flinch would fix all the .8 flinch problems while still allowing combo feints to be punishable (which is what the purpose of .8 flinch was)

Creating a whole new variable to weapon balance is just not a good idea this late into the game.

On the flip side, instant hits would have no risk to them.

• @Flippy:

Yes, .9 would be a safer option indeed

• @NoVaLombardia:

On the flip side, instant hits would have no risk to them.

“instant hits”

/10aneurisms

• @Flippy:

“instant hits”

/10aneurisms

INSTANT HITS HAPPEN WHEN YOUR PING IS ABOVE A CERTAIN THRESHOLD

IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WEAPONS DO NOT GO THROUGH THE FULL WINDUP ANIMATION CAUSING PLAYERS TO GET HIT PREMATURELY

THIS ESPECIALLY PREVALENT WHEN THE DEFENDERS ARE ATTEMPTING TO READ FEINTS BY WAITING AS LATE AS POSSIBLE TO PARRY

/allcaps

• @Flippy:

“instant hits”

/10aneurisms

So, they developed a glitchy feature, Canned it and called it good? I mean, i may never see this happen in a Team Objective, or Last Team Standing, but in a duel, it makes it skilless. The fact that they made instant attacks a feature, is just sad. Just because there arent instant attacks, doesnt mean that the combat will be come clunkey, predetermined thing. “Good use of game mechanics” If i use Game mechanics to glitch into the map and make myself invinsible, is that good use of game mechanics? Guess so. I mean, i take part in HEMA, and Battle of the Nations, i’d think that i have some knowledge, even if its not the most about something like this. For referance, some video’s. Here, explaining how stupidly slow normal swings/attacks are, and Here is the US National Team at Battle of the Nations. Maybe those saying “Git Gud” Should Get Good, and not abuse game mechanics of instant attacks, because its just sad and skilless.

• @Flippy:

“instant hits”

/10aneurisms

That’s the term, sonny.

It’s easier and rolls off the tongue more to call it something easy like insta-hits compared to something like first-frame hits.

Not only are you referencing lookdowns, but you are referring to all attacks that hit on the first-frame after windup, and/or very early in the release.

• first frame stab ripostes suck

especially with really draggable stab weapons (gr8 sword m8) cuz u can never be sure what they are going to do unless you have baller ping

• Good idea, but tbs is incompetent. The CEO should hire a completely new team tbh. I miss the older coder tho. He got shit done

• @zombojoe:

first frame stab ripostes are gay

especially with really draggable stab weapons (gr8 sword m8) cuz u can never be sure what they are going to do unless you have baller ping

But but but my crutch >.>

• Tbs needs to do stuff

• @Kreittis:

So, they developed a glitchy feature, Canned it and called it good? I mean, i may never see this happen in a Team Objective, or Last Team Standing, but in a duel, it makes it skilless. The fact that they made instant attacks a feature, is just sad. Just because there arent instant attacks, doesnt mean that the combat will be come clunkey, predetermined thing. “Good use of game mechanics” If i use Game mechanics to glitch into the map and make myself invinsible, is that good use of game mechanics? Guess so. I mean, i take part in HEMA, and Battle of the Nations, i’d think that i have some knowledge, even if its not the most about something like this. For referance, some video’s. Here, explaining how stupidly slow normal swings/attacks are, and Here is the US National Team at Battle of the Nations. Maybe those saying “Git Gud” Should Get Good, and not abuse game mechanics of instant attacks, because its just sad and skilless.

God that guy, max lel

• I love how that guy calls it ‘headglitching’ for FPS’s as well. top kek

• The CEO should hire a completely new team tbh. I miss the older coder tho. He got shit done

The old coder was fired because the base “foundation” code for the game is a complete mess. He’s also the one responsible for the FiR line of code.

• yeah but on the flipside he was the only one competent to code the game at all