Company Competence

• I very much question chivalry coders and those responsible for animations. Also the map creators who gave us lagpost, shitadel, and freezefront. Individual map makers did a very good job so far tbh. Much better in balance as well. Who made darkforest? Does he still work for tbs? Give that man a 200k $ raise please. And bring back old lead coder.

• At this point I’d rather the studio become corporate sellouts if it makes the patches go smoother. Not EA ofc.

• Why do you you keep teasing the white sharks tbh. Imo the company is ok and still floating in the swamp of business.
    I did predict it would take about 3 years to get were it needs to be, so its the last furlong soon.

• huggles is my hero tbh

• And bring back old lead coder.

Old coder is the one who made the shitty “foundation” code of the game. Makes it much more difficult to make changes quickly according to what Tibbs said, which is why he was fired. He’s also the one responsible for the FiR line of code.

• @Flippy:

He’s also the one responsible for the FiR line of code.

I’m pretty sure it was a collective design decision by Tibberius. Blaming “a programmer” for a line of code that changes gamemechanics is ignorant. I understand you need a scapegoat but blaming it all on an incompetent coder is not justifiable.

• yeah shit like that stays due to game design decisions not coding

• To be fair if a modder made the maps citadel, coldfront and outpost he would be praised. You know he would.

• citadel is pretty good

outpost and coldfront are not

• I’m pretty sure it was a collective design decision by Tibberius. Blaming “a programmer” for a line of code that changes gamemechanics is ignorant. I understand you need a scapegoat but blaming it all on an incompetent coder is not justifiable.

Months ago before you were ever on the forum, people were asking TB to fix FiR. TB said they couldn’t fix it because nobody could figure out how to reproduce it.

I forget who exactly said they couldn’t fix it, it was either DaGGyzo or Andrew, but they had no idea what caused it. I’m pretty sure if it was a collective decision, they would’ve known about it.

• @Flippy:

Months ago before you were ever on the forum, people were asking TB to fix FiR. TB said they couldn’t fix it because nobody could figure out how to reproduce it.

I forget who exactly said they couldn’t fix it, it was either DaGGyzo or Andrew, but they had no idea what caused it. I’m pretty sure if it was a collective decision, they would’ve known about it.

Its TB we’re talking about. Its more likely they made the change but forgot about it down the line than some rogue programmer making arbitrary game mechanic changes.

“Gonna fix these bug and oh while I’m at it change the whole flinching mechanic without telling anyone! genius”

I doubt the programmer or the rest of the developers even played the game enough to actually care about making some random change to the game.

I may be rather new but I’ve been a lurker for a while so I know my way around here.

Just look at their track record of ignoring the community and making random changes nobody asked them about.

• @Flippy:

Months ago before you were ever on the forum, people were asking TB to fix FiR. TB said they couldn’t fix it because nobody could figure out how to reproduce it. I forget who exactly said they couldn’t fix it, it was either DaGGyzo or Andrew, but they had no idea what caused it. I’m pretty sure if it was a collective decision, they would’ve known about it.

Even so pretty inexcusable. Do you hear of a competent company having major issues due to some fucking random coder? No, just incompetence on their part.

• FiR isn’t actually THAT old of a problem. It’s been around, but it’s not been there since the games release. At release, we had the exact opposite problem: you’d hardly get flinched at all. SOOOOOO many states where you would be immune to flinch, some of which still exist today. (weapon switch)

The problem with Torn Banner is, they like to sneak in hidden bullshit lines of code when they make changes, or, are just completely winging it and not thoroughly checking what they change.

This isn’t the first time an outsider has discovered lines of code that are contradictory to the games mechanical description or patch change logs. TB has also proven to possess the outlook “We know best”, when they went against near the entire veteran community with their 2013 summer patch. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried adjusting small things without informing the community… “oh, you’ll barely notice, you probably won’t notice at all. doesn’t even need to be mentioned tbh lol”

Either way though, it’s pretty grim, and has produced a frustrating experience when I sit down to play. The only element that keeps it light, as always, are the voice commands. Trolling around with the MAA is such a precious gem in the world of gaming.

• @Huggles:

Even so pretty inexcusable. Do you hear of a competent company having major issues due to some fucking random coder? No, just incompetence on their part.

I’m not arguing about TB. I just said the old coder shouldn’t be brought back because it’s pretty clear he wasn’t doing his job well if he had to be fired.

• @H:

FiR isn’t actually THAT old of a problem. It’s been around, but it’s not been there since the games release. At release, we had the exact opposite problem: you’d hardly get flinched at all. SOOOOOO many states where you would be immune to flinch, some of which still exist today. (weapon switch)The problem with Torn Banner is, they like to sneak in hidden bullshit lines of code when they make changes, or, are just completely winging it and not thoroughly checking what they change.This isn’t the first time an outsider has discovered lines of code that are contradictory to the games mechanical description or patch change logs. TB has also proven to possess the outlook “We know best”, when they went against near the entire veteran community with their 2013 summer patch. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried adjusting small things without informing the community… "oh, you’ll barely notice, you probably won’t notice at all. doesn’t even need to be mentioned tbh lol"Either way though, it’s pretty grim, and has produced a frustrating experience when I sit down to play. The only element that keeps it light, as always, are the voice commands. Trolling around with the MAA is such a precious gem in the world of gaming.

Aye, as much as we all hate corporate overlords sometimes they can keep incompetent devs in control. Indies do this all to often tho tbh. They screw up their own game so much that it would have been better to keep at release. Although current game is pretty decent besides a shit ton of stuff.

• @Flippy:

They probably collectively forgot about it.