The daily struggle on a pub TO server.

• Hmmm…. “DEFEND” …hmmmmm… What could it possibly mean? I mean we’re the defending team so it has to mean we’re supposed to run all the way to the enemy spawn and totally not get overwhelmed by five of them at once, cause the wave spawn feature totally does not spawn them all at once.

“GUARD, GUARD, GUARD” most likely mean we’re supposed to break their guard, you know, sneak from behind and shit.

“Trebuchet 1”… “Trebuchet 2”… “Trebuchet 3”… no… I’m clueless, what could that ever mean? Oh I know, we’re supposed to wait till the bar fills and the marker disappears and then go there and attempt to kill whoever is there.

“Extinguish”, “Push”, “Protect”… most likely supposed to keep my distance from those places.

Now seriously TB, game is too bloody complicated… Please nerf

• I have a harder time getting my team to attack properly.

• We need a judas goat to lead them into battle.

• I always play public TO like TDM.

• Pub TO is great fun.

Don your Golden Helm and Knightly Armour, pull out the Longsword…A Knight leading the charge is far more attractive to your team than a little MAA rushing in.

Use your voice commands, FORWARD!, and rush headlong into the enemy. Cut them down and hold the objective, your team will follow such gallantry. WE WILL NOT FALL!

Seriously though, there is great fun to be had playing like that. Excellent use of the voice commands makes the game so much better, it is such a pitty the voices aren’t synced for everyone (everyone hearing the same thing).

• my struggle is the server fucking up and nobody spawning and shit like that lately

• @gregcau:

my struggle is the server fucking up and nobody spawning and shit like that lately

Although at least once cause for this bug was patched it still seems to be ever lurking, usually on my servers once in a couple of days. Luckily either our admins are online to end map/change map or the server dies and fills up again shortly.
    Would be nice to see the back of that bug though. My main gripe is the mass DC of players (although the server remains up on it’s current map) - this happens every other day and is a major inconvenience

• Always have mass DC’s on Shitadel, and the server usually follows shortly after and crashes completely. Every time its crashed is when we are on the second objective and someone dies over on the Agatha right hand side in that dirt area before the small wooden walkway bridge near the lava death drop.

I find it amusing how TB have all these strict rules for their own map contest in regards to getting disqualified if any of the objectives break while testing, yet their own officially made maps, gems such as Shitadel, Shitpost and LagFront have some bad issues themselves.

• Most of the Aussie Official server has voting for map changes disabled, which is incredibly annoying when the no-body spawns or the TDM bug where 1 side is killed but the match continues bug…

• Outpost is a good map, they only need to change the Cheifs to actual players and tone down the MoneyPot that is the cart objective.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I always play public TO like TDM.

yeah pretty much

i do the objective when i realize im spawn camping

• i went 102-18 last night, still lost. The nub slaughter was not worth it, stick to the objective.

• @ashvins:

i went 102-18 last night, still lost. The nub slaughter was not worth it, stick to the objective.

Who cares about winning or losing, its all about dem god stats.

• thought it was all about quick squats and maa

i feel betrayed

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Who cares about winning or losing, its all about dem god stats.

its about those sick messer lmbs that decap 3 players with one swing

teammates included

• Mod

@Toll:

Outpost is a good map, they only need to change the Cheifs to actual players and tone down the MoneyPot that is the cart objective.

Money pot? What money pot? I think the tonne of points spewed out encourages people to actually do the objective for once. The chiefs though… I think you’re right, maybe just make 3 players chiefs with standard health or something.

• Yeah they fixed the point spam in the beta.

• Did they fix the infinite points on the coldfront gate?