Some players can't join server

• Hi guys,
    A few days ago I decided I would set up a dedicated server for me and my friends to play on. After following the guide posted here in the forums I got the server up and running, but only one of my friends is able to join it. I’m using 7777 as the game port and 7778 as the query port. I have forwarded 7777/7778 UDP ports in my router. From reading the guide in this forum, my understanding is that you only need to forward these two ports, but I see many guides in other places that mention a third port, 27015. I searched for this one in the config files, and it seems to be the default steam query port. However, I also found that 7778 is mentioned in the configs as a query port of sorts. I don’t see anything about there being two query ports in the official guide, so am I right to assume that one of these is redundant/not used? Just for clarity, I have tried forwarding 27015, and it changed nothing.

I’m running the server in a virtualized Server 2012 R2 install, and I have made sure to add UDK.exe in the firewall rules.

I also host a Killing Floor server. Killing Floor is based on the Unreal engine, and with the game port and query port forwarded (7707/7708 UDP), all my friends are able to join. Why is that not the case with the Chivalry server, and how do I fix it?

• I assume your command line for launching is something like start UDKGame.exe MAPNAME?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=192.168.X.XXX -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7778"

What sort of error do players get if they try to join?

My next suggestion would be remotely telnetting to your server IP and seeing what response you get on those ports

• My launch command line is:
    UDKLogging.exe AOCTO-Darkforest_p.udk?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7778 -configsubdir=to-server

From what I’ve been able to understand, the -dedicated=true switch is redundant when using the dedicated server files. The server only has one network adapter, so the -multihome switch should be redundant as well.

As for the errors the players get, I’m not entirely sure. I think they just get stuck at the part where the game is attempting to connect to the server (before the actual loading screen). What’s strange is that I can see them attempting to connect in the server console.

(note that this is not from one of my friends attempting to connect, but I’m fairly certain this is what it looks like)

• This post is deleted!

• Although you’re forwarded the ports and added udk.exe into the firewall - are we not currently using cmw.exe instead of udk?

Also just wanted to check that you’ve allowed outbound connections on those ports in the firewall?

• Medieval Warfare uses UDK.exe, and Deadliest Warrior uses CDW.exe. I can’t find cmw.exe in Binaries/Win32 in either one. I have the same problem with both MW and DW.

I have allowed outbound connections as well as inbound connections in the firewall.

• The -multihome=IP parameter should be that computer’s LAN IP. It’s not related to network adapters.

For example, if your external IP is 200.103.60.101 and your LAN has 4 other computers and your server’s internal IP is 192.168.0.5, the only way to connect will be to add -multihome=192.168.0.5 to the startup parameters.
    Notice that you may still be able to broadcast your server to the Server browser, but most people, specially those outside your LAN (if iirc), will not be able to enter it.