Toxicity and Trolling

• Recently, the comp scene community has really gone to shit.

What’s with all the trolling and mean personal comments and shit talking and elitism??

Almost every scrim the chat is flooded with hateful comments/troll comments and no one really takes shit seriously.

I want to scrim people that are respectful and playing the game for competition. I want to scrim a clan that will actually care about the scrim. I wanna play the damn game.

Why are we swimming in a sea of toxicity and trolling?

There are rarely any clans that are respectful these days, never shit talking and never trolling. Playing for fun but also for winning. They may not be the best clans but they sure are more fun to scrim against than some other teams who chat spam rude comments and ignore basic scrim rules because “we don’t care”.

Even the forums are overrun…

Cmon, guys, act like you care for once. If you really didn’t care, you wouldn’t be playing the game.

• This post is deleted!

• i knew it was a jimmy thread just from the title

just dont scrim against shitty people gosh

• Its times like these its good not to be a clan queen hehe. Do you know what clan queens eat for breakfast ?
    vats of battery acid. You are in control as mr zombojoe says. In my day If a clan was toxic on joining the
    server we would simply up and leave as usually if you stay around and they beat you also its far more toxic
    with gloating by them afterwards.

• This post is deleted!

• yeah LG used 2 do that

if you didnt behave we would leave, we’ve had occasions where clans have broken the 50% rule by all going dub axe or all going bardiche and we just straight up left

it was a waste of our time cuz back then everyone was playing to get better since there were aspirations for a chiv competitive scene

even tho the scene is shit right now you can still use the same principles, if a clan is going to waste your time dont agree to scrim them hehe

and if they treat you real bad dont play with them ugh, 5 year olds understand this principle pretty well tbh

• forums are shit now, we will never see a balance patch, NA rank 50s still complain if you feint them in duel servers (EU players do to just as often in my experience).

there is nothing in this games future that makes me want to put in the addict level hours i did when theyr were a bunch of scrims and tournaments all the time, the one lts tourney in the horizon is pretty much anti-hype to me

imo our comp scene died with the patch+tourney, it survived and grew after dark age gaming ended, but i think it lost any momentum it had that summer-patch (and many of my favorite hardtryers uninstalled :( ).

• Aye, scrimming is the only fun thing left and some clans are making that un fun. Bitching about shields when no one on the other team is using a shield, lame trash talk and insults etc. Trash talk is fun as fuck but why make it super personal? Maybe we should all stfu like zodd would.

• ive literally never been personally insulted or really seen any trash talk that i cared when i saw it. i know ppl in my clan like guts can be salty soldiers, but all me and him have ever wanted to do was play other challenging groups of fegs for fun/ego. I think we are all way unorganized and caught up in petty shit, not a cohesive group.

it really is crazy to me how such a niche group of gamers in such a small community can be so fragmented and negative towards each other, but its probably just the nature of small competitive online communities in general. one extreme is toxic ppl, the next extreme is softies, and in the middle ground are the ppl who just want to play and dont care either way (a.k.a. the zodd way?)

• @kanGuru:

ive literally never been personally insulted or really seen any trash talk that i cared when i saw it. i know ppl in my clan like guts can be salty soldiers, but all me and him have ever wanted to do was play other challenging groups of fegs for fun/ego. I think we are all way unorganized and caught up in petty shit, not a cohesive group.

it really is crazy to me how such a niche group of gamers in such a small community can be so fragmented and negative towards each other, but its probably just the nature of small competitive online communities in general. one extreme is toxic ppl, the next extreme is softies, and in the middle ground are the ppl who just want to play and dont care either way (a.k.a. the zodd way?)

Hmmmm small community, very few good players. We should stick together and trash talk once in awhile ofc, but never get wrapped up in it. Jokes like stfu zodd are ok, extended insults aren’t. There are just a few personal grudges which then become aimed at clans. Soon enough everyone in the clan. We just all need to cut the shit tbh. And take things down a few notches.

• @kanGuru:

imo our comp scene died with the patch+tourney, it survived and grew after dark age gaming ended, but i think it lost any momentum it had that summer-patch (and many of my favorite hardtryers uninstalled :( ).

Start organizing small LANfests. Call them Chiv-Fests or Chivalry-Fests and organize 1v1s and 2v2s with an x dollar entry where top 3 takes parts of the pool. Grow from there. LAN environments are hella fun. Chiv-Fest LA is in the works.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!