Idea to help lessen confusion for new players.

• Mod

I think it should be a video option that is enabled when first installed. Allow it to be something that can be toggled and I see no issues with it. Good idea to be honest. Not really a cheat to see who your team mates are. In scrims every player has a similar thing (Yellow diamonds)

• @dudeface:

Kishido server in Japan has markers above all your teammates. It’s kinda neat. Not sure how they achieved that.

There is option for that in server config.

• Is there? Interesting. I might give that a try.

• red and blue are pretty easy to spot, but the problem is blood on agatha costumes, and the DLC models / skins make it hard.

There should be a way to disable DLC for yourself.

• I think people need to be colourblind tested.

Hell I know a properly colourblind person who can tell the difference fine as it is.

DLC models makes it easier. Mason models have no shirts on while agatha models do.

• My rule of them is when they are covered in blood and move towards me hitting then I take swift action.
    usually as they are so low on health and stamina I find a forward kick finishes them off. Lets not forget
    some are team switched and forget that sometimes hence a mystery team mate attacks thinking he is
    still on the other side.

• @lemonater47:

I think people need to be colourblind tested.

Hell I know a properly colourblind person who can tell the difference fine as it is.

DLC models makes it easier. Mason models have no shirts on while agatha models do.

yea hehe the models aren’t closely related at all. Except the default vanguards when they lose their helmets

• I’d say give this a shot, I’d like to see it tweaked though. Kind of like in FPS games, when you hover over the player, it points out to you that they’re on your team…So that the markers don’t flood your screen with hud and make things like archer difficult to play.

• Just more screen clutter. No thanks.

• @Flippy:

Just more screen clutter. No thanks.

Still wouldn’t be as bad as BF4’s screen clutter.

• Ick. That’s as bad as planetside 2.

• i know why i prefer Red Orchestra 2 over the battlefield series… and i think its better to play^^

• Insurgency has a nice system for identifying team mates. Very little clutter on the screen.

• i had it enabled on my server for a bit… some people liked it and some didn’t. Also… if you’re on the defending team… peasants have icons above them :/

it can be pretty annoying in games like stoneshill first objective… the markers look pretty hectic.

i liked them, but i’m pretty sure that’s why i disabled them on the server.

• It is not more “screen clutter” assuming it will be toggle-able.

Which is stated in the OP explicitly.

Please read before you post meaningless things.

• @dudeface:

Kishido server in Japan has markers above all your teammates. It’s kinda neat. Not sure how they achieved that.

yeah its great for encouraging teamwork because players will naturally gravitate towards the teammate markers

• @zombojoe:

players will naturally gravitate towards the teammate markers

You know what happens when the noobs gravitate toward you, right? Clusterfucks happen, and lmbspam begins.

• I think that adding markers for all team mates is a bit much to be honest. Even with 3-5 friends on one team and things get a bit crazy and I need to keep turning the HUD on and off again. On big open maps like Battlegrounds or medium maps like Dark Forest, you would have markers everywhere as you can see a whole lot of the battlefield.

I can only see these markers helping the newer players, but it still won’t teach them to drag away from the marker unless it eventually gets incorporated into the tutorial. And with everyone running around and how fast paced this game can be, there will be little markers everywhere.

But to me I think newer players will just need to learn to differentiate between factions (like we all did), as well as learning to drag away from team mates if you are about to hit them and to primarily stab and overhead in cluster fights.

• Add the ability to change the size of markers.